Unemployable

ParadisoParadiso Posts: 5
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I have been listening to this song a lot lately after a close family member was on the verge of losing a job he had poured his heart and soul into for many years.
It is incredibly powerful - the lyrics are amazing, as most PJ songs are, but just had this in my head for a while now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    It's funny how the songs of PJ have a different effect on each one of us... being our situation/mood the variable that determines this. Right now I found myself amazed by the lyrics of Inside Job, beautiful song.
    México 24/11/2011
  • Nice 1st post. Welcome to the club Paradiso!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Mr Rocko wrote:
    ... I found myself amazed by the lyrics of Inside Job, beautiful song.

right now that's my favorite song of S/T and one of my top 10.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    great song.

as a drummer i am infatuated with matt cameron's drumming on this track. just listen to how he has the plays the ride throughout the intro. its amazing
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    jets521 wrote:
    great song.

as a drummer i am infatuated with matt cameron's drumming on this track. just listen to how he has the plays the ride throughout the intro. its amazing

that and how he plays on the floor toms.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Thanks FenwayFaithful.......feels good to be among people who feel as strongly about PJ as I do
  • llovellove Posts: 106
    Yes, welcome to the club Paradiso and so sorry to hear about your family member. :(

Unemployable is an all time favorite of mine too and especially meaningful during these economic times. Last week I had to ask 4 others (and myself) to go on a 4 day week to keep from letting an employee go. Not a good week - very emotionally draining. Times are hard and I'm fortunate to have a part-time job but still scared alive.

And yes, yes!! Matt's ride is so good in the intro and throughout. It makes it so special, just an awesome song IMHO.

Peace and prosperity to all.

P.S.
    Inside Job just tears me up, it is too beautiful for words.
    ~Let me run into the rain, to be a human light again.
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    yeah i love playing along with unemployable over the PA...
  • i like it live,better than the album version
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Love the song, hope i can keep appericating it from a far, find out on the 19th. :( Atleast my wife's job is secure. :D
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Totally agree. I sort of skipped this one a lot for a while, until earlier this year when my dad who lives in a really small town with very few jobs found out that his plant was shutting down entirely. He had only worked there for 15 years, but there were guys who had spent their whole lives there and were a year or two away from retirement. The lyrics to this song just started to resonate a lot more when I thought about all of them.

I was excited to hear it in Toronto last summer, except they kind of f'ed it up. :D
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Love this track!
    Such an underrated little gem on S/T!
    Love the 'woah oh oh' part especially :)

This song really rings true, especially in today's times.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2