Nice Vinyl Find at Record Store Today

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Alice in Chains Jar of Flies/Sap "limited edition double-vinyl."

Not sure what it's worth or how "limited" it is, but I've been searching for it forever:

aicvinyl.jpg

Snagged it for a mere $4.99 at the same store where I found Temple of the Dog on vinyl a few years back (that one was also $4.99).
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Beautiful! is it colored vinyl or black?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Nice!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • arq wrote:

Black...is there a colored version?

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    $5 for each of them? :-o

Im sure the TOTD is worth loads more than that!
  • Brisk. wrote:
    $5 for each of them? :-o

Im sure the TOTD is worth loads more than that!

Yep, $5 for each.

Neither are mint (I'd rate the vinyl itself NM and the cover VG on both), but geez, you can't beat that price on either.

There's nothing better than digging through an indie store's used vinyl and discovering something really, really special. 8-)

• HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    When the original release of the CD came out there were plastic flies in the jewel case.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • And not that anyone really cares, but I picked up the AIC along with Depeche Mode "Violator," Wings "Greatest," and The Streets "The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living" for less than $20 combined. 8-)

• When the original release of the CD came out there were plastic flies in the jewel case.

I used to have one of those. Had to sell it though when I was desperate for money just before senior year of college. :(

The album in this thread is the vinyl though, not the CD, just in case there was any confusion.

• arqarq Posts: 8,012
    arq wrote:

Black...is there a colored version?

yellow and blue
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    When the original release of the CD came out there were plastic flies in the jewel case.

I used to have one of those. Had to sell it though when I was desperate for money just before senior year of college. :(

The album in this thread is the vinyl though, not the CD, just in case there was any confusion.
    Yes, I knew that. I just wanted to add that little tid bit. ;)
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    That's awesome. I ended up scoring that LP on ebay last year for $26 and I thought that was a steal. Nice going.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Yes, I knew that. I just wanted to add that little tid bit. ;)

:D That's interesting!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Nice find ! What indie store you went to?
  • OceanStone wrote:
    Nice find ! What indie store you went to?

Rhino Records in Claremont.

• Thanks! will check it out :D
  • OceanStone wrote:
    Thanks! will check it out :D

Equally great is the Mad Platter in Riverside. Great selection of new and used records at very fair prices.

I still regret seeing Lost Dogs there about a year ago for $29.99 but passing on it because I already own it.

• that is awesome! im jealous, i just saw alice in chains the other night front row they are truly fantastic live.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    Sweet score! :)
  • Just went back to the same store and found a copy of the New Orleans 2000 official boot. God I love indie music stores! :D

• Yes, very lucky. And they are quickly going the way of the dinosaur -- so many have disappeared in the past decade or so.

On a side note, at Rhino today they were also selling CD copies of all of the Christmas singles. The CDs were bundled together as a package. They looked authentic, but they must have been bootlegs, right? I mean, has the 10C ever released the Xmas singles in CD format?

• evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    Nice score man!!!
  • Great score!!!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Yes, very lucky. And they are quickly going the way of the dinosaur -- so many have disappeared in the past decade or so.

On a side note, at Rhino today they were also selling CD copies of all of the Christmas singles. The CDs were bundled together as a package. They looked authentic, but they must have been bootlegs, right? I mean, has the 10C ever released the Xmas singles in CD format?

Seems weird that a reputable indie shop would sell those.

I once caught Amoeba selling bootlegs of a client's live show. We were thinking of sending him down there with a camera crew to confront them firsthand!