Vinyl buying assitance required

Hugh Freaking DillonHugh Freaking Dillon Posts: 14,010
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Hello. I started collecting PJ vinyl a bit late. I have some xmas vinyls, but this thread is about helping me with my album collection. I started with the Ten Deluxe box. So I have Ten. And I bought Backspacer on vinyl when it came out. The rest, I'm startin' fresh. And I need your help. I have no idea how much things are worth. I see all kinds of prices of completed listings on eBay, so I'm a bit confused. Also, is there a difference in quality or worth if the record is pressed in the US as opposed to Korea? I keep seeing copies of VS from Korea for some reason. Anyway, if you could give me a general idea of how much I should be paying for the following records, that would be great: (I'm not including ITW or LD or Benny, as I know those are insanely high priced, and can't afford them anyway):

VS
Vitalogy
No Code
Yield
Live On Two Legs
Binaural
Riot Act
Pearl Jam

Unsealed prices, as when I get it, I don't plan on selling it or just looking at it.
:D
Gimli 1993
Fargo 2003
Winnipeg 2005
Winnipeg 2011
St. Paul 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• start with 25$ for vs. add increments of 15 for each album and add + or - 10 bucks. for random fluctuations.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Vs- $20-40
    Vitalogy-$20-40
    No Code- $40-60
    Yield- $40-60
    Live on Two Legs- $60-80
    Binaural- $80-100
    Riot Act- $60-80
    Pearl Jam-$50-70

Just an average of prices I have seen on here and ebay over the last year or so. Just be patient. I have bought an album before and seen it for less after and kicked myself for not being patient. Hope this helps.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • thanks guys. huge help!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Also, is there a difference in quality or worth if the record is pressed in the US as opposed to Korea? I keep seeing copies of VS from Korea for some reason. :D

I was just curious if anyone could answer this for me?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Also, is there a difference in quality or worth if the record is pressed in the US as opposed to Korea? I keep seeing copies of VS from Korea for some reason. :D

quality; no
    worth; only if you're a collector

quality; no

but why are they worth more from the States?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • quality; no

but why are they worth more from the States?

people assume weird things.

Example: the concavity of a wine bottle's bottom has zero modern day purpose, but people think that quality wines have that kind of bottom and wouldn't buy it otherwise.
  • PJ vinyl is pricey, but remember to visit your local record store and dig through what they have. I have found Vs. for 15 and a left over copy of Riot Act for 25. I have found that buying from my local record store I save anywhere from 5 to 15 dollars a record compared to buying online.
  • larryi86 wrote:
    PJ vinyl is pricey, but remember to visit your local record store and dig through what they have. I have found Vs. for 15 and a left over copy of Riot Act for 25. I have found that buying from my local record store I save anywhere from 5 to 15 dollars a record compared to buying online.

Wow :shock:
    Which record store? or what city/state you live in?
    I want that Riot Act for $25.00. Wait, when was that?
  • OceanStone wrote:
    larryi86 wrote:
    PJ vinyl is pricey, but remember to visit your local record store and dig through what they have. I have found Vs. for 15 and a left over copy of Riot Act for 25. I have found that buying from my local record store I save anywhere from 5 to 15 dollars a record compared to buying online.

Wow :shock:
    Which record store? or what city/state you live in?
    I want that Riot Act for $25.00. Wait, when was that?

this was in 2003... or at least thats my guess. :? If there is a record store selling them for that nowadays, they will be out of business in a month :lol:
  • youngster wrote:
    Vs- $20-40
    Vitalogy-$20-40
    No Code- $40-60
    Yield- $40-60
    Live on Two Legs- $60-80
    Binaural- $80-100
    Riot Act- $60-80
    Pearl Jam-$50-70

Just an average of prices I have seen on here and ebay over the last year or so. Just be patient. I have bought an album before and seen it for less after and kicked myself for not being patient. Hope this helps.
    Yield- $40-60..its up to 80 now
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Yield- $40-60..its up to 80 now

yeh 2 x sealed yields went for 99 and 96 last week..

sealed binaural for 200..
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Yield- $40-60..its up to 80 now

yeh 2 x sealed yields went for 99 and 96 last week..

sealed binaural for 200..
    binaural will be like itw....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    If you're goin for listening copies, Lost Dogs can be had for just about as cheap as the others.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    If you're goin for listening copies, Lost Dogs can be had for just about as cheap as the others.
    Get outta here!
    Never have I ever seen LD for anything south of $100.
    It's a nice thought though- there's some groovy tracks there...
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    Also, is there a difference in quality or worth if the record is pressed in the US as opposed to Korea? I keep seeing copies of VS from Korea for some reason.

When I went to Greece summer of '95 I picked up a dozen records. Bought all the Pearl Jam albums to Vitalogy & all the Nirvana records. They were all Made in Austria. I've seen the Made in USA one's. There isn't no difference at all. Not sure about the value if it's high or not.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Dru_Cortez wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    Get outta here!
    Never have I ever seen LD for anything south of $100.
    It's a nice thought though- there's some groovy tracks there...
    Cheers.

I bought one less than a year ago for $70.