Given To Fly question

eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I'm sure this was question has been answered before. But in the Given To Fly. What is that "noise" at the 2:45 mark of the song right after Ed says Sometimes? Sounds like a high pitch noise. Always wondered what it was and if it was intended to be there.
8/28/98- Camden, NJ
10/31/09- Philly
5/21/10- NYC
9/2/12- Philly, PA
7/19/13- Wrigley
10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
10/21/13- Philly, PA
10/22/13- Philly, PA
10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
4/28/16- Philly, PA
4/29/16- Philly, PA
5/1/16- NYC
5/2/16- NYC
9/2/18- Boston, MA
9/4/18- Boston, MA
9/14/22- Camden, NJ
9/7/24- Philly, PA
9/9/24- Philly, PA
Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Every time you hear that noise, an angel gets its wings.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    Every time you hear that noise, an angel gets its wings.

dig it
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• DH62179DH62179 Posts: 312
    I think its just the start of a riff
  • IsaacIsaac Posts: 137
    I have perused in net and can't find proof... but...

I remember reading an interview back when Yield was released, I seem to remember Jack mentioning that it was a delivery truck backing up. He was also talking about the resonance of the trash-can lid in DTE. Anyway, thats what I remember.
  • Honestly I don't hear it. GTF is my favorite song and I probably just subconciously remove any "noise" that others would find annoying. I do have a question about irritating noises though, does anyone else hear the beeping in Corduroy or is it just me?? Love the song, but that sound drives me nuts!!
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    i hear both i thought it was just my head fuckin with me
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Tangerine wrote:
    Honestly I don't hear it. GTF is my favorite song and I probably just subconciously remove any "noise" that others would find annoying. I do have a question about irritating noises though, does anyone else hear the beeping in Corduroy or is it just me?? Love the song, but that sound drives me nuts!!

no, but i'm pretty sure i hear a car horn beeping in Force of Nature...anyone else?
  • Its like a whistle, its there notcied it the first time i put Yeild on. never been able to find out what it was, there was a thred about strange noises or instruments somewhere but do not think it is in there
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Tangerine wrote:
    Honestly I don't hear it. GTF is my favorite song and I probably just subconciously remove any "noise" that others would find annoying. I do have a question about irritating noises though, does anyone else hear the beeping in Corduroy or is it just me?? Love the song, but that sound drives me nuts!!

If we're talking about Corduroy, then can someone tell me what Vedder whispers towards the end?

This is quite emberassing actually. Even though Corduroy is one of my absolute favorites, to this day, I still don't know what the fuck he's whispering about.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • emf28emf28 Posts: 89
    "I thought you were my friend, but i guess I...guess I hate you."
  • I wasn't sure what you were talking about, so I've just had a quick listen. It just sounds like a guitar harmonic to me. I think that's the right term - I'm talking about the nice chiming sound you get when you play certain strings around certain frets with your fretting finger just touching the string lightly.

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    I wasn't sure what you were talking about, so I've just had a quick listen. It just sounds like a guitar harmonic to me. I think that's the right term - I'm talking about the nice chiming sound you get when you play certain strings around certain frets with your fretting finger just touching the string lightly.

that could be it, least i'm not the only one who heard it.

Tanngerine- I never really heard the beeping in Corduroy. Where exactly is it in the song?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    emf28 wrote:
    "I thought you were my friend, but i guess I...guess I hate you."

Thanks! :D

I just felt exactly like that about someone just yesterday.

#standingman #duranadam
  • i hear it,,but dont get it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ridleyridley Posts: 164
    Tangerine wrote:

My GOD, I cannot believe after hundreds of Yield spins I have not noticed that before. I guess I'm normally too "into" the song at that point to realise. I noticed that same noise again (though a bit quiter) at 3:32... wierd...
    no, but i'm pretty sure i hear a car horn beeping in Force of Nature...anyone else?

Yup. Bugs the hell out of me when I'm driving with the volume turned up :D
    2003-02-19 Melbourne
    2003-02-20 Melbourne
    2006-11-13 Melbourne
    2006-11-14 Melbourne
    2006-11-16 Melbourne
    2009-11-22 Sydney
    2011-03-18 Sydney
    2011-03-19 Sydney
    ridley wrote:
    Tangerine wrote:

My GOD, I cannot believe after hundreds of Yield spins I have not noticed that before. I guess I'm normally too "into" the song at that point to realise. I noticed that same noise again (though a bit quiter) at 3:32... wierd...

I hear that car horn in Force of Nature too.

Also, speaking of "discovering new sounds" everytime you listen to these songs, that's one of the most amazing things about this band.

#standingman #duranadam
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    ridley wrote:
    Tangerine wrote:

I hear that car horn in Force of Nature too.

Also, speaking of "discovering new sounds" everytime you listen to these songs, that's one of the most amazing things about this band.

I don't hear a car horn beeping in Force of Nature. Where in the song do you hear it at?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC