Amongst the Waves

Taylor-DenverTaylor-Denver Posts: 1
edited February 2010 in The Porch
My father passed away 3 months ago and I have just now discovered this song. The lyrics are perfection. I have struggled to listen to any other song. I feel so deeply for the words at this time in my life. It envokes such raw and genuine emotion in me. The words helped me find my own feelings. This song has carried me through the most difficult time in my life. Sometimes I sing it at the top of my lungs and sometimes I cry until it ends. I just wanted to thank Ed for this song, it guides me towards the strength that I have yet to regain but am seeking everyday. I can't wait to hear it live someday soon, I hope...I can't articulate well enough my genuine appreciation for musical and lyrical perfection from my favorite artists. Thank you for helping me through my most difficult time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    My thoughts are with you. I lost my Father at 19 and it was the hardest thing. You will find the strength my friend that will see you through this sad time. I am thinking of you and your family at this time. You will always find friends on this forum to help you if ever needed. Take care
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Yes it's a great song, I'm sorry for you loss but glad that you have found something that helps.
  • it seems ed (in particular) has a nack for this, well i guess he the best lyricist of my generation in my opinion. i have listened to pearl jam since the start and connect every highly emotional time in my life with there songs. like you, there music has helped me through times in the gutter but they also filled me with energy, i only hope that they one day get the respect they deserve. i meet so many people in the uk who dont even know them?!
    You should try the rest of the album, just breath and the end in particular and black-unplugged...they may make you cry,they are great songs, but they will help heal those wounds.