Super bowl next year?

RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm gonna have to go with the Packers and the Chargers. San Diego has to stop choking in the playoffs eventually just like Payton and Favre did, Packers are just beasts and now that Rodgers has his first playoff game under his belt and the Vikings will never be as good as they just were ever again there will be no stoping the pack!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Gmen
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    RiotZack wrote:
    I'm gonna have to go with the Packers and the Chargers. San Diego has to stop choking in the playoffs eventually just like Payton and Favre did, Packers are just beasts and now that Rodgers has his first playoff game under his belt and the Vikings will never be as good as they just were ever again there will be no stoping the pack!
    Packers all the way!!
    its a good dream at least
  • It might take some work for the Chargers - did you see LT's comments in the press about the team? Pretty much confirmed everything I'd thought from watching their games. Too many players too worried about contracts and extra-curricular activities, and not worried enough about their performance on the field. Sure, some of it may be sour grapes from a guy knowing he's about to be let go by the only team he's ever played for, but a lot of it reinforced a lot of the things I'd suspected from watching them over the last two years.

The saddest quote was his comment about losing to the Jets... that he was surprised they lost to the Jets, he figured they weren't going to lose until the following week vs. the Colts. Looks like he may have outed himself as one of the people not fully focused on the games at hand.
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    It might take some work for the Chargers - did you see LT's comments in the press about the team? Pretty much confirmed everything I'd thought from watching their games. Too many players too worried about contracts and extra-curricular activities, and not worried enough about their performance on the field. Sure, some of it may be sour grapes from a guy knowing he's about to be let go by the only team he's ever played for, but a lot of it reinforced a lot of the things I'd suspected from watching them over the last two years.

The saddest quote was his comment about losing to the Jets... that he was surprised they lost to the Jets, he figured they weren't going to lose until the following week vs. the Colts. Looks like he may have outed himself as one of the people not fully focused on the games at hand.

Don't worry about LT, Phil rivers is there whole team now days, hes the one that dosn't show up in the playoffs, hes bound to start showing up sooner or later.
    pandora wrote:
    RiotZack wrote:
    Packers all the way!!

Dream?!?!?! we deserved to win that game against the cards, if it wasnt for all those early mistakes we would have killed them, I don't think it would be a huge suprise if they went next year. I'd go as far as to say we pretty much have the division title reserved and bout a 75% chance of getting a bye. It's alot more than a dream.
  • Patriots
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Giants
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    RiotZact wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    RiotZack wrote:
    Packers all the way!!

Dream?!?!?! we deserved to win that game against the cards, if it wasnt for all those early mistakes we would have killed them, I don't think it would be a huge suprise if they went next year. I'd go as far as to say we pretty much have the division title reserved and bout a 75% chance of getting a bye. It's alot more than a dream.
    You guys did watch the vikings, right. If it was for the stupid mistakes, their in this years superbowl. Even with 5 turnovers they only lost by three. I hate to say it, but if Favre comes back they have to be favoured.

In the AFC, quite possibly Pittsburgh. I am however hoping for the cowboys.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Colts, with Garcon comin into his own, battling out for the #2 with Gonzalez, they could be pretty explosive next year.

Their defense is one of the most underrated and they're missing their best player.

A few question marks concerning the coaching staff, but after this year I dunno how you can worry too much.

It feels like Peyton's ascent has really begun.
    That season for the vikings was a miracle in itself, Farve wouldn't be able to do it again, but hey I hate the cowboys more than any other team except the patriots but I think it may also be romos time to stop choking, as a matter of fact he didn't even really choke this year, I think it's definatly gonna be a battle between them and the packers and one other wild card team to get a bye next year.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    RiotZact wrote:
    That season for the vikings was a miracle in itself, Farve wouldn't be able to do it again, but hey I hate the cowboys more than any other team except the patriots but I think it may also be romos time to stop choking, as a matter of fact he didn't even really choke this year, I think it's definatly gonna be a battle between them and the packers and one other wild card team to get a bye next year.
    I think the Vikes have a good team, the QB position could be the problem, I wouldn't be surprised if Favre retires that they don't make an effort to trade for McNabb, he's in the last year of his contract, and my guess is Philly will not want to give him an extension. I thought Romo matured a lot this year and I expect he'll get better, I just don't trust Garrett with the offense. The Pack will have a fight with Vikes for the division, I suspect, as will the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Much too soon...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    Much too soon...

but fun to think about. :D
  • That's a funny a coincidence because I'm gonna have to go with the Packers and the Chargers. San Diego has to stop choking in the playoffs eventually just like Payton and Favre did, Packers are just beasts and now that Rodgers has his first playoff game under his belt and the Vikings will never be as good as they just were ever again there will be no stoping the pack!
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Gmen
    This!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    lions vs bills.
    www.myspace.com
  • browns bengals
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    That red white and blue team from England. :P

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)