Running into friends....

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,478
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
That you havent seen in 20 years.....

Its funny, hadn't seen this girl in 20 years, and I ran into her at the grocery store. Within 5 minutes we are laughing are asses off, and talking, as if no time had passed since the last time we saw each other.

Pretty cool......
Yet, pretty fucking weird....

And we both lied, and said....

"You look the exact same as you did in highschool"!!!!!!!!!

hehehehehehehe

It was great to see an old friend......
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Funny you bring this up....I ran into a dude at my favorite beer store Wednesday afternoon (my little town just about shuts down at noon on Wednesday) who I had not seen in at least 20 years. I talked to him for like 10 minutes but I couldn't remember his name to save my life. Probably the only reason he remembered mine was because...well...my ugly mug is very present in the public. Anyway, the very same night my favorite girl and I stopped by taco bell and be damned if he wasn't in there working.

Just thought it strange to go so long without seeing someone and then seeing them twice in the same day
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Funny you bring this up....I ran into a dude at my favorite beer store Wednesday afternoon (my little town just about shuts down at noon on Wednesday) who I had not seen in at least 20 years. I talked to him for like 10 minutes but I couldn't remember his name to save my life. Probably the only reason she remembered mine was because...well...my ugly mug is very present in the public. Anyway, the very same night my favorite girl and I stopped by taco bell and be damned if he wasn't in there working.

Just thought it strange to go so long without seeing someone and then seeing them twice in the same day
    Ok...

This is a joke.....kind of....hehehehehe

If I ran into a friend of mine from high school, who I hadnt seen in 20 years, and they were working at taco bell.......

I have a feeling that person wouldnt have been to happy to see me.....

hehehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • HAHA!!! He never was the sharpest tool in the shed though
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Couple of years ago at a gig in a pub (Liam Finn) ... I bumped into someone I hadn't seen in 18 years ... since we were 10! Having both moved to London ... several hundred miles from the town where we both grew up.

We them bumped into each other a couple of months later at another gig. Have been to a couple of other gigs together and even met up for lunch a few times until he got seconded overseas with work.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Speedy,

You do not look like you did 20 years ago....you naive fuck ;)

Regards,

The Eternal Donkey
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Speedy,

Did you bang her? Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

I kid, of course. (or do I?)
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • i cant stand running into old friends. i always just want to run off i come across one.
    I'll be back
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,282
    I always just flat out lie and tell them I'm not who they think i am ,just stare them straight in the eye no I'm not Jose :lol::lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I always just flat out lie and tell them I'm not who they think i am ,just stare them straight in the eye no I'm not Jose :lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • very cool! that happened to me a few months ago, went to get some coffee at the shop around the corner from my house, and ran into this girl i knew in gradeschool and high school, hadn't seen her in about 15 years. we ended up talking for 2 hours, turns out she works in the same city i do, and now we keep in touch on facebook :)

one of the handful of people i went to school with that wasn't a twit :lol:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    My best friend from elementary school and high school still lives in San Francisco. She never left and so whenever I make a rare visit to SF, I see her. (Think ten years between each visit!!)

It's interesting to me that she is still the talkative and funny person she always was, but now she looks like her mom when she sits at the kitchen table drinking coffee and smoking like a chimney while we laugh about stuff. :mrgreen:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    usually i don't like running into old friends.
    im a weird fucker like that.

maybe i haven't saw them in 20 years for a fuckin reason?
    i can barely stand the people i went to high school with let alone be their friend.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:

i can barely stand the people i went to high school with let alone be their friend.
    I have to agree, if you haven't seen them in 20 plus years, theirs probably a good reason, thats why I avoid facebook, don't want people contacting from 20 years ago. It's funny though, because I had people that I went high school with come up to me, they recognize me, but I usually don't recognize them.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    lukin2006 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I have to agree, if you haven't seen them in 20 plus years, theirs probably a good reason, thats why I avoid facebook, don't want people contacting from 20 years ago. It's funny though, because I had people that I went high school with come up to me, they recognize me, but I usually don't recognize them.

exactly.
    ppl are like "hey chadwick
    remember me, it's lionel?"

im like... er um.
    dude high school was a blurry fucker..

but no, i havent a clue who you are..

usually i try to remember them and act like i know them so i don't hurt their feelings.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

exactly.
    ppl are like "hey chadwick
    remember me, it's lionel?"

im like... er um.
    dude high school was a blurry fucker..
    :lol::lol::lol:

but no, i havent a clue who you are..

usually i try to remember them and act like i know them so i don't hurt their feelings.