You are unique

2»

Comments

• I struggle to answer a question like this, because I'm a fairly humble person. I never look at myself as any better, or worse, than the next person...which isn't always easy when you meet some of life's more savoury characters!

I lose my temper far easier at stupid things than at people. Like, when it's cold and the CD player won't play in my car...bingo, red mist!! I once got so mad with coathangers, becuase they wouldn't stay hooked on the rail and kept falling on the floor, that I ended up ripping the whole rail out of my wardrobe and flinging it across the room.

Yeah, some real emotional problems going on there, I think.... :?
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I lose my temper far easier at stupid things than at people. Like, when it's cold and the CD player won't play in my car...bingo, red mist!! I once got so mad with coathangers, becuase they wouldn't stay hooked on the rail and kept falling on the floor, that I ended up ripping the whole rail out of my wardrobe and flinging it across the room.

I can relate to that. ;)

I took a monkey wrench to my last laptop computer because it annoyed me. It felt pretty good smashing the crap out of it.

I always had a problem with anything that I felt constricted/restricted me. I hate rules and phoniness - anything that I feel wastes my time. I wanna smash it all to bits.
    Maybe some of this stems from being a bit crazy as a child - I used to have vivid hallucinations where I felt the walls of my house were closing in around me - freaked my Mum out a bit. Also, I was sent to a psychiatrist at school for always causing trouble. My Dad was also a violent control freak - used to shut me and my brother in the living room and slap us about. Maybe why most of my dreams involve running away and being chased.

Anyway, I'd say that it was books and music that made me who I am. A few books that opened my eyes when I was 12 - 13 years old, like Charles Manson's autobiography, Catcher in The Rye, e.t.c. And David Bowie was a big influence - from the age of 12 - 16, or 17. Bowie got me through my school years.

Edit: Anyway, this confessional stuff; isn't this what Americans do? I'm English...get me out of here! :shock:
  • I'm English too! :lol:

Honest confession is good for the soul, apparently. I don't actually believe there is a soul, in the sense we've been taught to believe there is but I ain't getting into THAT discussion!
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    edited February 2010
    i am not unique...push me and i will resist.
    Post edited by blenderman69 on
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Byrnzie wrote:

I can relate to that. ;)

I took a monkey wrench to my last laptop computer because it annoyed me. It felt pretty good smashing the crap out of it.

I always had a problem with anything that I felt constricted/restricted me. I hate rules and phoniness - anything that I feel wastes my time. I wanna smash it all to bits.
    Maybe some of this stems from being a bit crazy as a child - I used to have vivid hallucinations where I felt the walls of my house were closing in around me - freaked my Mum out a bit. Also, I was sent to a psychiatrist at school for always causing trouble. My Dad was also a violent control freak - used to shut me and my brother in the living room and slap us about. Maybe why most of my dreams involve running away and being chased.

Anyway, I'd say that it was books and music that made me who I am. A few books that opened my eyes when I was 12 - 13 years old, like Charles Manson's autobiography, Catcher in The Rye, e.t.c. And David Bowie was a big influence - from the age of 12 - 16, or 17. Bowie got me through my school years.

Edit: Anyway, this confessional stuff; isn't this what Americans do? I'm English...get me out of here! :shock:

if we were american we'd have a big frank discussion about this and would nod in agreement with what you said.. as we're both british I would probably just avert my gaze and then once you'd offloaded the above confession on to me I'd say with a hopeful look in my eyes... "right then, pint?"
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    dunkman wrote:
    if we were american we'd have a big frank discussion about this and would nod in agreement with what you said.. as we're both british I would probably just avert my gaze and then once you'd offloaded the above confession on to me I'd say with a hopeful look in my eyes... "right then, pint?"

...and two packs of pork scratchings son! :P
  • I struggle to answer a question like this, because I'm a fairly humble person. I never look at myself as any better, or worse, than the next person...which isn't always easy when you meet some of life's more savoury characters!

I'm pretty much the same way. Small stuff, life's little everyday annoyances always get me way more riled up than big stuff. I've laughed at myself many times because I would get so damn angry over something so insignificant, but I think the thing is that I take my frustrations out on shit like that instead of people which I suppose is a good thing
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all