Dirty Frank Podcast

drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
This may seem kinda out of left field because I'm not on here much anymore, and I know there is a very popular podcast talked about on The Porch but, ours isn't that good. Don't get me wrong, we do a good job and we have fun but that's all it is. Let me explain.

I started this podcast after hearing that Adam Carolla was losing his morning show then saying he would start one. It got me thinking, "I could do that." so I bought a USB microphone, downloaded mixing software, created a blogspot page and hit record. At first, it was going to be me just talking about the band (former PJ tribute Dirty Frank) but when drummer, Greg, jumped onboard it went in a totally different direction. We are now in our 9th episode. Our conflicting schedules prevent us from doing the shows more frequently but when we get the time we put a show together.

I hope you read this, and listen to the shows. A few warnings, there is some pretty rough language and Greg and I have an "edgier" sense of humor, so, mature audiences only, please.

http://dfcast.blogspot.com/
I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
    is this how Howard Stern got his start? :think:

I don't have time right now to listen to your musings....................but your music sounds good! :clap:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Ah time, I miss it, too. Thanks for the kind words on our now defunct band though. If you ever get a chance to listen to the show let me know what you think.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,977
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Ah time, I miss it, too. Thanks for the kind words on our now defunct band though. If you ever get a chance to listen to the show let me know what you think.

I will....just not tonight....I'm at "work" ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Hey guys, just checking in to let you know we're going to do a live broadcast Monday afternoon. It's through a site called Ustream.com http://www.ustream.com For now, you can go to the site and search for The Dirty Frank Podcast and become one of our followers. I will update this tomorrow before the show so you can listen in. The application allows people to chat while listening so we will be able to interact during the broadcast.

Thanks

• drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    Hello hello

Wanted to pass this along. We are doing anothe rlive broadcast this Friday night at 8:30pm. Here is the link. We look forward to the show and to hopefully hearing from a few of you.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-dirty-frank-podcast

• drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    I posted Episodes 10, 11 and 12 last week and though I may be biased I think we brought the yucks!!!! We have abandoned the practice of doing the shows live due to the technology available to us is not really all that decent. We wanted to bring a great show to everyone but the finished product was too choppy. We also have a design for Tshirts in the works and another HUGE announcement for So Cal DFP listeners. If you are on facebook you can add yourself to the fan page here
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Dirty-Frank-Podcast/317035174403

Thanks to all that have listened and please encourage all of the people you know to listen as well.