Grey's Anatomy Tonight

ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Don't hate. I love the show. But that's neither here nor there.
Their episodes are always named after song titles (which usually have nothing to do with the plot or music played during the episode...I digress...)

The title of tonight's episode?
State of Love and Trust.
PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Honestly, they had pretty good story lines early on but i think grey's has lost a lot in quaity in their last 2-3 seasons. Oh, and I own they're first 2 soundtracks- pretty good gems on there.
  • Honestly, they had pretty good story lines early on but i think grey's has lost a lot in quaity in their last 2-3 seasons. Oh, and I own they're first 2 soundtracks- pretty good gems on there.

dude......you watch Grey's Anatomy?!?!?!?!....... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .....i thought ovaries were a prerequisite for watching Grey's Anatomy :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,962
    .....i thought ovaries were a prerequisite for watching Grey's Anatomy :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

they are in MY house!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    my gf at the time had it on...and the cds were gifts. is my man badge revoked? damn
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    my gf at the time had it on...and the cds were gifts. is my man badge revoked? damn

Yes!

Although I've never watched Grey's Anatomy, I think I have you beat.

I was forced to watch, I think every episode of Sex And The City.

And dear god, what is wrong with SJP nose??? It is fucked up!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,962
    sorry...we have to.

man-card.jpg
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Yes!

Haha I have nothing to say to that because I like SATC (but I'm a woman so I'm allowed). But hey stranger. :-)
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
    I know is overplayed because of UPS, but it's a jam and can be found on Vol 1. Turn it up loud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMOkfI7wCrI
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Yes!

Haha I have nothing to say to that because I like SATC (but I'm a woman so I'm allowed). But hey stranger. :-)

Yeah, but you could admit/acknowledge that her nose is messed up! Not sexy, no way, no how!

Anyway, I need to start listening to the new AiC more to get ready for the concert!
  • ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Yeah, but you could admit/acknowledge that her nose is messed up! Not sexy, no way, no how!

Anyway, I need to start listening to the new AiC more to get ready for the concert!

Heck yes!! So do I... I just asked off for that Monday so we can party all night. Not sure yet if I'll be able to come up for the whole weekend or just come up on Sunday afternoon or whatever.

So far the episode is good... Nothing PJ related other than the title though. :-)

Thorns2010 wrote:

Heck yes!! So do I... I just asked off for that Monday so we can party all night. Not sure yet if I'll be able to come up for the whole weekend or just come up on Sunday afternoon or whatever.

So far the episode is good... Nothing PJ related other than the title though. :-)

Thanks for the update on the episode. hahahahahaha

I'm stuck in class, but even if I was home, I wouldn't be watching it! :mrgreen:
  • Honestly, they had pretty good story lines early on but i think grey's has lost a lot in quaity in their last 2-3 seasons. Oh, and I own they're first 2 soundtracks- pretty good gems on there.

dude......you watch Grey's Anatomy?!?!?!?!....... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: .....i thought ovaries were a prerequisite for watching Grey's Anatomy :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Erik,,im the dream of every woman ..ofcourse i watch too Greys Anatomy!!!!! :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20341941,00.html

The title of tonight's episode was ''State of Love and Trust,'' which is the name of a wonderful Pearl Jam song (way to support those underground local bands) - Are they serious? Underground??
  • karev is the shit!~!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20341941,00.html

The title of tonight's episode was ''State of Love and Trust,'' which is the name of a wonderful Pearl Jam song (way to support those underground local bands) - Are they serious? Underground??

;):D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Will they use some PJ songs?

i enjoy the show. Alex Patsavas, most likely the most important person in music in the last 10 years, who isnt in a band, is the music director of the show (as she was for The OC, Gossip Girl, Flash Forward, etc...), and alot of the "it" indie bands are big in no small measure to her placement of their music during pivitol dramatic scenes in Greys, and elsewhere. Whats cool is usually she uses pretty indie and underground bands who no one knows and then "poof" the next week everyone is on that bands youtube video page commenting, "greys brought me here". Its happened before.

The show is pretty dark. With scrubs you have it pretty even between some of the best comedy on network tv, and some of the most poignant and heartbreaking emotional scenes. Greys doesnt really have that dichotomy. Its emotional, and intense.

I was pissed from the get go PJ didnt go the Alex patsavas route when they were promoting Backspacer. I would have suggested they contact her directly, and say, "we would like you to see if you could work these songs into your shows". They did that somewhat, as Flashforward using a backspacer song was her choice, most likely, but as I have said a million times, THIS is the way of the future for new bands, for old bands, for any band.

its not selling out. Its not being corporate. Its not dumb. Lets face it. You flat out dont hear new music via radio, or MTV anymore. The way alot of new talent is discovered is through what Alex Patsavas does.

Scrubs using Josh Radins Winter during the most emotional moment of the entire series, caused NBC's website to crash as millions of folks logged on to try and figure out who sang the song.

Patsavas' use of Death Cab, Bright Eyes, The Killers, and especially Imogen Heap, are huge reasons why those said bands and the term "indie rock" have been popular since 2003. Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek, was parodied on SNL and became one of the biggest hit sketches, resulting in millions of copycat YouTubers videoing their own versions of the skit.

Lost has only featured music from a few bands, in 6 years, Joe Purdy and Damien Rice, are 2 of them. No doubt both owe some credit to the show for raising their profile. Lets face it, when Hurley sits down on the beach and blasts Delicate, even at that early stage of the show, isnt it fair to say, millions of people rushed to buy O, or check damien out?

Explosions in the Sky, owe some of their popularity to the use of their music in FNL the movie, and the Tv series.

If there was one thing, one huge thing that seperates the old system, the old bands, from the new bands, are those bands willing to make the jump, and liscence songs to patasavas or any other music supervisor. If you are a new band, or even an old band and you are releasing records in 2010, you are insane, or well on your way, if you pass the opportunity that tv provides.

As Patsavas would tell us, its an art to meld music to images in a scene. I have many times been moved to tears by the seamlessness of some of the best of these, and never did I say, "hey that was cheesy", or "that ruins my image of the song". In fact I usually sought out the bands immediately after the show. And do your own detective work here. Dont just take my word for it. Look up some songs recently used on tv shows, then go to that bands you tube, check out the video, and read the comments.

There are even websites that cater to this, with tunefind.com an example of a website that posts what songs appear on each episode of some of tvs biggest shows.
  • this is what the band should have done from day 1 of backspacer promotion. For a band that wanted to sell alot of records this time out (this is fact ed is quoted as saying it, as is Jeff), they sure went about it in an outdated manner.

Id love to see PJ soundtrack some of these shows. The whole trick though, is...you gotta do it!

Maybe ed and the guys still have lingering aftertaste of "being an anticommercial band" and have refused to fully engage in th

The whole point as well, is yes, some bands and artists get one song used during a show and then are the bees knees by the morning, but it doesnt always work out like that.

I think you have to liscence to a TON of shows and movies, IN CONJUNCTION with a media blitz. I dont give a damn about RS, Spin, MTV, VH1, or alt rock radio. Those are non issues, Any band who spends time dealing with them, is really asking for it, as its not gonna do anything to help you sell records. You storm KEXP. KCRW. You ask Pitchfork and Stereogum for interviews. I read both sites religiously. Both sites are about as influential as any other music medium in the world. Although neither really suggests PJ is genius, they give them coverage. Pitchfork posted the 2009 tour dates. Stereogum posted video of the Conan performance, and gave a early listen review of Backspacer. Why not sit down and chat with either site? Even if they slam the new record, they still get press on both sites.

"hey I am a 14 year old kid, who loves music, and I wait each month, for news, new news I cant find anywhere else, and I get this in RS, and Spin and from MTV". This kid doesnt exist anymore. They did 10 years ago.

Who realistically waits with baited breath to read music news from RS? They have great politics articles and the interviews are cool, but if you want new info on The Strokes, you really gonna get it from the March issue of Spin and not the net right now?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,813
    there was a Pearl Jam mention on last night's The Vampire Diaries.
    I miss igotid88
  • Thorns2010 wrote:

Yes!

My now-wife and I used to get drunk and :mrgreen: every Friday night and watch it. It was fun. Kinda like background music. I have watched it with my wife on reruns now (sober) and my DARWIN is it DUMB.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Their episodes are always named after song titles

I never knew this & I've been watching the show since it started
  • just finished the episode. One of the best i have seen. Damn that was heavy!

PJ missed a chance folks!

As ever Alex patsavas did it again. Despite my hero Bob Dylans infatution with Alicia Keys, I have never liked her music. Never really listened to it either. Last night they used an Alicia Keys song over one of the emotional scenes, and it was beautiful. Thats the impact it has. I dont listen to her genre of music. I dont own a single R&B album in my cd collection that is thousands of albums strong. But that song was perfect. made me HEAR an artist I never heard before.

I think its cool they named an episode after a PJ song, but, how cool would it have been to have included some of the more emotional and intense PJ songs in this episode of emotional and intense moments.

They blew it folks
  • igotid88 wrote:
    there was a Pearl Jam mention on last night's The Vampire Diaries.

funny how many tv/hollywood writers are fans to throw in our favorite band as a reference/relevance.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    is it true I have to relinquish my scrotum if I watch this show?