Grand Rapids, May 19 2006

cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I was listening to this bootleg that someone on this board suggested... it's AWESOME!
Wow!! Highlights:

- the band is ON FIRE
- the crowd is SUPER LOUD
- a buch of rarities (awesome version of Satan's Bed)
- Eddie says "One more!" after Baba, and YLB starts... stoked (my face nearly melted for the McReady-ness)

Thoughts? :)

(brought to you by "Listening to other boots while waiting for the Philly ones")
Makes me ache, makes me shake...
...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yeah, that was a great show. The one from the 2004 VFC tour was killer too if I remember right.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    great boot. when Backspacer came out this was one of the boots i downloaded. Knew quickly i wanted the MSG they offered because i only had a audience recording. i checked out the reviews of the other shows and went with Grand Rapids and i was not dissapointed!
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • i have an a/p of the poster if anyone is interested
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Parting Ways and Hard to Imagine are so great on this boot. I was just listening to it at work.
  • katelliskatellis Posts: 521
    edited June 2015
    --
    Post edited by katellis on
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    On his way to listen to it
    >
  • I have that show on dvd and have to agree, it is a killer show!!! :D
    * Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    * Xcel Energy Center - Jun 26, 2006
    * Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    * United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    * United Center - Aug 24, 2009
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    that and Albany

the best of 06
  • Get_Right wrote:
    that and Albany

the best of 06

I was at Grand Rapids so I am kinda biased, but Albany was an early highlight boot I recall. It sounded different than the other boots. It has the only version of "Gone" (including the album version) that I can actually listen to. Eds guitar sounded really cool.

The Grand Rapids-Cleveland-Detroit trio was the best of the first leg. They really hit their stride there.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    Get_Right wrote:
    that and Albany

the best of 06

I was at Grand Rapids so I am kinda biased, but Albany was an early highlight boot I recall. It sounded different than the other boots. It has the only version of "Gone" (including the album version) that I can actually listen to. Eds guitar sounded really cool.

The Grand Rapids-Cleveland-Detroit trio was the best of the first leg. They really hit their stride there.
    yeah well I was at Albany so there you go

the rats, red mosquito, and the first good version of satans bed made it a doozy!
  • I was lucky enough to be there, not sure what happened that night but the growd ...we were great :D so the band in turn gave us a show we will never forget! Thank god for the DVD that was sent from a very kind soul ;)
    Peace,
    I have that show on dvd and have to agree, it is a killer show!!! :D

Where did you get the DVD? I was at that show and it is in my top 5. Fucking EPIC! Almost three hours, I had such an awesome time, only to see them in Cleveland the next night and get the It's OK tag at the end of Daughter. What a road trip that was. I think I'll go listen to that boot right now and re-live it. :D
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    6920:46259.jpg
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Agreed this is an awesome bootleg. I originally picked it up solely for Around the Bend and was pleasantly surprised with the rest of the show.....still think the Santa Barbara 7/13/06 show is a must have. Waiting on a Friend cover is one of my all time favorites.
    U...You Are...Who You Are
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Over here==============================================================>>>>>
    Spiderbaby wrote:
    Agreed this is an awesome bootleg. I originally picked it up solely for Around the Bend and was pleasantly surprised with the rest of the show.....still think the Santa Barbara 7/13/06 show is a must have. Waiting on a Friend cover is one of my all time favorites.
    Wow, you waited awhile for your first post.
    Welcome and enjoy
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • I've regretted not going to this show since the day after it happened. Decided to hit Cleveland and Detroit instead of all 3. Can't really complain because the Detroit show was solid and Cleveland was phenomenal, though.
  • If you don't have the DVD, you have all it's contents right here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/pjvideoguy# ... 1654F234D2
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Yeah, that was a great show. The one from the 2004 VFC tour was killer too if I remember right.

Goin by setlists all those vfc shows were amazing. I can't imagine a bad crowd either.
  • Anyone who has a copy of this DVD and would make me one for trade, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a pretty wicked collection of boots so maybe we could work out a trade? I was at this show and would LOVE a copy of the video. :D
  • max8700max8700 Posts: 208
    This was the show where the Ten Club "screwed up" the fan club numbers and a lot of fans with numbers 200,000 and higher got in the first 15-20 rows (and subsequently those with better numbers were pushed back). Eddie made several comments about how great the crowd was: "Grand Rapids, who knew?!?"

Great show.
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,438
    max8700 wrote:
    This was the show where the Ten Club "screwed up" the fan club numbers and a lot of fans with numbers 200,000 and higher got in the first 15-20 rows (and subsequently those with better numbers were pushed back). Eddie made several comments about how great the crowd was: "Grand Rapids, who knew?!?"

Great show.

In other words, the regular front row folks were dull so things needed a freshen up. New folks at the front = killer show :)
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • The Rock wrote:
    max8700 wrote:

Great show.

In other words, the regular front row folks were dull so things needed a freshen up. New folks at the front = killer show :)

It was a great show! I was on the positive side of the ticket mix-up.... I have a 153xxx number and we ended up in the 3rd row between Jeff and Mike. The best seats I've ever gotten through the fan club in so many years. Around me were the same group of fans that were in Chicago previous nights back 30+ rows...We were so pumped to have the best seats we've ever had! ... to top it of my wife scored a Mike pick and I scored the elusive jeff pick! I too would love a DVD from this one... If you look up my name on Youtube you might find some footage from that show... :)
  • Yeah, an epic show. Me and my Brother were there. Another highlight is my Brother and I having some drinks with MMJ after the show at J. Gardella's. Got our ticket stubs signed and the works, just an awesome show and an awesome set list and awesome crowd and great pre and post show libations. If you have never had a Bell's Oberon in the summer - on draft, YOU NEED TO.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    may be one of the best fanshot pj DVD's I own..

I love the part when Eddie lights up a self-rolled cig and has to QUICKLY throw it down to sing the opening lyrics to "Hard to imagine..."

LMAO!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford