SUPER BOWL MENU

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,283
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm tired of the same food for the big game so for Sunday I'm going to spice it up a bit ..

Tuna tartar with some nice fresh french baguettes
Tomato & fresh mozzarella salad balsamic vinegar .
Lamb chops barbecue sauce .

Margaritas & new castle beers .

Fruit salad
Chocolate muse pie .

1/2 time joint that should do it .

now give your plans .... 8-)
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    edited February 2010
    well my sons school has the goddamn daddy day at 3:30 SUNDAY

unbelievable! They do it every year-like a curse!

but I will be home in time for the game, just not enough time to prepare anything special

plenty of beers though!
    edit:
    now that I think about it, I will probably go buy myself one of those $60 porterhouse steaks at whole foods
    fuck it :!:
    Post edited by Get_Right on
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    besides the joint, i would be screwed at your crib :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,283
    Get_Right wrote:
    well my sons school has the goddamn daddy day at 3:30 SUNDAY

unbelievable! They do it every year-like a curse!

but I will be home in time for the game, just not enough time to prepare anything special

plenty of beers though!
    edit:
    now that I think about it, I will probably go buy myself one of those $60 porterhouse steaks at whole foods
    fuck it :!:

Are you kiddin me WTF is that as long as your home by 5:00 you should be able to get something together ..
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I'm tired of the same food for the big game so for Sunday I'm going to spice it up a bit ..

Fruit salad
    Chocolate muse pie .

Given the above, I'm coming to your house, Jose!! :clap:;)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    Are you kiddin me WTF is that as long as your home by 5:00 you should be able to get something together ..
    Crazy Japanese-goes until 6pm!
    they just dont get it
    me and the three other round eye dads might get together for the game-but it will be take out or delivery :( if we do so.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Fruit salad
    Chocolate muse pie .

Given the above, I'm coming to your house, Jose!! :clap:;)

Mi casa es tu casa 8-):):lol: ...

What's that mean you little punk!? Tell me!!! 8-)
    Get_Right wrote:
    Crazy Japanese-goes until 6pm!
    they just dont get it
    me and the three other round eye dads might get together for the game-but it will be take out or delivery :( if we do so.

:lol::lol::lol: that is funny as hell you know me just pict me laughing Crazy Japanese now i have that song in my head I'm turning Japanese :lol::lol:
    My house is your house? Is that right?
    ZiggyStar wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: My home is your home :lol: ..
  • MD97728MD97728 Posts: 115
    menu sounds delicious -- but not for the superbowl!!!! not much in common w/my menu other than the half time joint . where are the wings?? gotta have wings! doing - wings, pulled bbq pork, mini hot dogs, stromboli, veggie & dip and some yummy triple chocolate cake! then you gotta have that final quarter doobie too!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    MD97728 wrote:
    menu sounds delicious -- but not for the superbowl!!!! not much in common w/my menu other than the half time joint . where are the wings?? gotta have wings! doing - wings, pulled bbq pork, mini hot dogs, stromboli, veggie & dip and some yummy triple chocolate cake! then you gotta have that final quarter doobie too!

now this is a place where i can hang out :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    ZiggyStar wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: My home is your home :lol: ..

Nawww! :mrgreen: We'd have so much fun too....smoking....drinking red wine...listening to music! Yeahhhh!!! 8-) We need to do it one day!

Anyway...back to your super bowl.... :wave:

:lol::lol::lol: that is funny as hell you know me just pict me laughing Crazy Japanese now i have that song in my head I'm turning Japanese :lol::lol:
    the vapors
    story of my life :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    MD97728 wrote:

I hear you but done that before i thought for this one i would go in a different route your does sound awesome also i will consider some of your treats and yeah i will have a final quarter joint ;)
  • Super bowl is a special Day. It's more than just the game and food! Here's my day I have planned with my friends, with some of the food we're doing:

9:00 a.m.- Kegs and eggs we start the day at my house with a ceremonial first toast at 9:oo. I throw together some eggs, bacon, sausage and toast. beer, screw drivers and bloody mary's available

9:30 am- poker. we set up a game for about two hours

11:30 Depart

12:00- arive at dan's

12:15- "superbowl survivor". Each guy throws in $20. Winner take all. We will compete in nine events to test accuracy, stamina and overall manhoodliness. All events are scored 5 pts for first, 3 pts for 2nd and 1 pt for 3rd. You do not have to drink in every event. Only those that are noted. BUT if you finished LAST in any game than you must shotgun or chug a full beer before participating in the next event. Here are the events(played in this order):

1. Beer Chug. First event of the day. Because it is the super bowl you pour you beer in a bowl, any size bowl, and chug it. If you get ANY beer on your DQ'ed. Fastest time is first.

2. Football toss. 3 garbage cans set up outside one worth 5 pts, one 3 the other 1. You get 5 tosses to get as many pts as you can. You can throw in any can. High total is first.

3. Frisbee toss. Just like football game but with a frisbee. 3 cans or other objects set up in the yard. Each worth 5-3-1 pts. 5 throws most pts first.

4. Pop a shot. Each person takes 10 shots from the same spot. Keep breaking ties until there is a winner. High total first. In adddition to the low man if anyone gets 3 or under they shotgun or chug as well.

5. High school basketball tapes. Dan has dusted off a copy some high school basketball tapes. We will throw all the names of everyone that played in a hat and draw randomly. If the name you pick scores a basket you get a point. Most pts for the games is first, etc.

6. BB gun shooting contest. Rob suggested this and I like it. We set up a beer can and you have 3 shots to hit it as many times as you can. Keep breaking ties until there is a winner.

7. Trivial puruit card contest. One card each man. I think there are 6 categories a card. You desiginate each category a point. 6 for the category you feel strongest about down to 1. Highest total per card is first. If you get zero you finish a beer.

8. Something outside. Either home run derby off a tee or maybe something on the ice.

9. Beer pong. We set up 12 cups like a standard game. We count your total number of throws to consolidate than clear all the cups. Fewest shots is the winner.

Winner take all.

That should take us at least a few hours before we eat.

Menu:
    I'm making Slow cook BBQ Pulled pork, with my own home made bbq rub, and homemade coleslaw. 200 wings. terriyaki grilled chicken sandwichesw/ melted swiss and grilled pineapple, cheese burgers, hot dogs, nachos, chips, dip, stromboli, and many other appetizers..

Oh yeah, LOTS of beer!