Questions

KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Wouldn't be nice if 10c members could post legit questions on concerns about the 10c...But, actually get a respond..I am sure the 10c wouldn't be able to answer every question...But, I think it would clear up a lot of concerns that 10c fan club members have..

At least it would show that the 10c is concerned about 10c members concerns..

Jeremy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• KatKat Posts: 4,845
    Wouldn't be nice if 10c members could post legit questions on concerns about the 10c...But, actually get a respond..I am sure the 10c wouldn't be able to answer every question...But, I think it would clear up a lot of concerns that 10c fan club members have..

Jeremy

Please contact the Ten Club at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> with membership concerns. Thank you. They'll be glad to help you.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    I meant on here at the porch...Questions and answers where every fan club member could see the response..

Jeremy
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Kat wrote:

Jeremy

Please contact the Ten Club at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> with membership concerns. Thank you. They'll be glad to help you.

Hey at least this proves to you complainers although you can't see the light someone is actually home :wave: Come back real soon!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    I have sent several emails to that email address with legit questions..But, never got a response..

Sort of like the old rumor pit..But, where you can ask questions concerning the 10c..

Jeremy
  • i dont get what everyone whats out of the 10c for $20...i think they do a great job and can only tell us what they are told to tell us...

please do we really need to be getting at them again..

ill wait another 6 months for a holiday single if i need to and not loose any sleep over it ...

im more then happy with what i get from them..

:D
    Always room improvement..The 10c should be always be looking into ways to improve the fanclub...I appreciate the XMAS single and the chance to purchase 10c tickets...I really do...I have been to many pearl jam concerts via 10c tickets..But, to me it seems take it or leave it motto from the 10c..This is just my own opinion..
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Always room improvement..The 10c should be always be looking into ways to improve the fanclub...I appreciate the XMAS single and the chance to purchase 10c tickets...I really do...I have been to many pearl jam concerts via 10c tickets..But, to me it seems take it or leave it motto from the 10c..This is just my own opinion..

Your opinion is as valid as the next but I think what we're seeing and experiencing is the difference in major label and indie. The resources obviously aren't there to keep 10c manning the forums when there's nothing to tell us and the team effort is directed to other places.I think we'll be richly rewarded in the end but in the meantime it's all about saving pennies!! 2010 will be expensive and worth remembering I'm sure :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • silver39silver39 Posts: 1,346
    Kat wrote:

Jeremy

Hahaha! :lol: I'd say this is a fairly quick resoonse by 10c...I'd say there are listening...they just chose to keep their lips sealed :mrgreen:
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,044
    I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank you Kat and all others who work in the 10c.. I know it must be annoying listening to our gripes and complaints at times, especially the never ending saga of Philly boots and Ed solo stuff (any word on that by the way)??... j/k.... Just kissing your ass a little, you guys do a great job.. Keep it up!!
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited February 2010
    Kat wrote:

Jeremy

Yet we' re censored in threads? ;P Come on Kat, you know you guys are intimating! Why would anyone feel comfortable emailing questions that would otherwise be locked on the message pit? Some of the most important questions are locked and simple ignored and most of the time locks are completely necessary but lets be honest... alot of important topics have gotten swept under the rug here. That's why the very few times I've had to call ten c it was really weird and scary :mrgreen: I think that's just because i generally don't call though and thought, "what if they lock my phone call" :lol: Id be so ashamed! It also freaks me out that ten c knows where i live, or at least where my po box is! *jk*. Don't get me wrong, I'm no ten club hater i just see both sides of the spectrum here. The times I've emailed ten c, only 50% of the time was i emailed back at best. If things hadn't be done so right before hand, i don't think anyone would know the difference.. Just counterproductive and moving backwards instead of forward in some areas but hey! Some people are completely satisfied with what they get so maybe it's just me and what the hell makes me so important? I'm just another dirty musician. I just up updated my membership yesterday so i guess this means i love you anyways :D
    Post edited by Fahka on
    veddertown wrote:

Your opinion is as valid as the next but I think what we're seeing and experiencing is the difference in major label and indie. The resources obviously aren't there to keep 10c manning the forums when there's nothing to tell us and the team effort is directed to other places.I think we'll be richly rewarded in the end but in the meantime it's all about saving pennies!! 2010 will be expensive and worth remembering I'm sure :)

I just think there is a lot of room from improvement at the 10c...If they are short handed to run everything properly?...Maybe raise the fee on the 10c membership...I am willing to pay much more than 20 dollars a year for a membership...If your going to take on the task of running a fan club...At least try to run it right and make the members the top priority...Not selling merchandise..

Jeremy
  • I renew my tenclub membership just for concert seats. Otherwise it's worthless. The newsletter was cool when I was a teenager but I think I'm to a point in my life where I don't really need Jeff Ament to give me a "what's up" from wherever he's skiing or playing basketball. Nor do I need a left-wing PSA from Eddie. And I don't even have a record player so the single is just for collecting....I download the mp3 or flac of it.

But although I'm a seasoned enough tenclubber to not care about that stuff, someone who just bought a membership on pearljam.com probably expects to get what's promised on the website. If you bought a tenclub membership today (Feb. 3, 2010), your fanclub tickets are probably horrible. Plus, you'll probably get shut out of tickets because you won't know what to do when the server crashes. Plus, Pearl Jam probably doesn't tour near you anyway because you live in Mississippi or something. The automated email you got if you joined the Tenclub today:

"Hello and welcome to the Tenclub. Your membership number is 467xxx. With this comes nothing."
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • I renew my tenclub membership just for concert seats. Otherwise it's worthless. The newsletter was cool when I was a teenager but I think I'm to a point in my life where I don't really need Jeff Ament to give me a "what's up" from wherever he's skiing or playing basketball. Nor do I need a left-wing PSA from Eddie. And I don't even have a record player so the single is just for collecting....I download the mp3 or flac of it.

But although I'm a seasoned enough tenclubber to not care about that stuff, someone who just bought a membership on pearljam.com probably expects to get what's promised on the website. If you bought a tenclub membership today (Feb. 3, 2010), your fanclub tickets are probably horrible. Plus, you'll probably get shut out of tickets because you won't know what to do when the server crashes. Plus, Pearl Jam probably doesn't tour near you anyway because you live in Mississippi or something. The automated email you got if you joined the Tenclub today:

"Hello and welcome to the Tenclub. Your membership number is 467xxx. With this comes nothing."

quote:b]Plus, you'll probably get shut out of tickets because you won't know what to do when the server crashes.
    I chuckled. :lol:

Not true! It gives you a slight chance in hell to get 1st, 2nd,9th or 10th row.. but most likely it will get you four rows even farther back than you would be with a 467xxx
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    jeremy has spoken
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • I completely forget about the xmas single and then when it comes its a sweet surprise, my mom said that when she was in the 10c in 1995 her single came super late too lol.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
    I think majority of the fan club members feel this way..If it wasn't for the fan club tickets?...This 10c would not even be worthing joining...But, even with the 10c tickets...It is becoming more difficult to get the tickets..You have to be able to have internet access the day tickets go on sale...Which some 10c members are working and don't have internet access...Plus, now anymore you have to live out east to even get a pearl jam concert...So, it is just becoming more of a hassle to me...I will just attend the concerts that are near me..Which I live near St.Louis..So, pretty much will just be going to the Chicago shows..Since, they don't tour the midwest region anymore..Besides Chicagoo..

The Deep Mags we do receive don't really any information in it..Back in the day in the newsletters we would get letters from different band members...Now it is pretty much all pictures....

I appreciate what the 10c does...But, the 10c tickets have us by the coconuts..

Jeremy
    the 10c tickets have us by the coconuts..

Jeremy

Yeah it's by far the selling point.

• The Deep Mags we do receive doesn't have really any information in it..Back in the day in the newsletters we would get letters from different band members...Now it is pretty much all pictures....

Well remember that a lot of that has to do with the internet. I didn't get into the band until around '97 but I'm sure there were people who got a fanclub newsletter in 1995 (from the "Vitalogy Health Club") and said "whoa...Pearl Jam has a new drummer?" That was the only definitive source of news.

But I'll take that over these days where they just don't say anything. Just post a message saying what's up with the Philly boots.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The 10c knows that is the reason why most of the fan clubs stay in the 10c..Because, of the chance to purchase the 10c tickets...So, pretty much they don't try improve the 10c or even try to make the 10c members the top priority...It is all about trying to sell merchandise...Not running a fan club..

Jeremy
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    You lot of winging, girly men need to take a chill pill and just be happy with what you got. Surely there are more pressing issues in the world you could direct your energy to. Comming here lately is like going to an old womens nag fest. :roll:
    Hi,

This a message board...We can post whatever we want...As long as it is proper...So, if you don't care or like what I post..You don't have to read or reply to it..

Jeremy
  • KatKat Posts: 4,845
    A refresher of the Posting Guidelines at the top of the page would be good right now. Thank you.

Admin
    Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.