My Dorm Room Sessions!

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited February 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
Seeing other people post their music has inspired me to post some of mine! It was all recorded with a Strat or Godin into a Pod Studio Ux2.. Vocals just an SM58.. Mixed in Garageband, very basic tracks. Still, you get an idea!

Enjoy, would love to hear feedback!
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Chris ... 8496874..1
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    nice work! keep it up, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    Coming from you, that means a lot!

Hopefully this summer there'll be a couple of 'full band' shows with some of this material.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Very cool bud. Good luck in the future as well. You and those silly strats! :)
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • My my, hey hey
    Keeponrockin just blew me away....

i hope some of the oldies that used to post here get to see these. they would be way proud to see our "youngling" from back in the day, doing his thing now.

these are so damn cool. nice work!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • @ All Those Yesterdays: I couldn't get anything humbucker to record really clean into Podfarm, so I stick to the singles! The next step is having my brother lay down some bass, and maybe piano tracks to the mix! Thanks for the compliments, I'll post anymore stuff I have!

@TriumphantAngel: Thank you very much!I was nervous about posting on the forum, and the response has made me feel stupid about my worry!

I haven't written a lot lately (midterms looming and what not) but hope to be writing more when inspiration strikes!

PS I have Greg on Facebook, not sure if he's seen the tracks yet or not.
    mfc2006 wrote:

Hopefully this summer there'll be a couple of 'full band' shows with some of this material.

not sure what that means, but thanks! just keep doing what you're doing, man. chris & i are hoping to put some shows together this summer as well...good luck & keep us all posted!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Actuallly I'm not really a humbucker fan. P90's are my all time favorite, and you can't beat the bridge pick up on a Tele.

Your stuff sounds great though, be proud.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

not sure what that means, but thanks! just keep doing what you're doing, man. chris & i are hoping to put some shows together this summer as well...good luck & keep us all posted!
    It means I dig your shit! Basically!

P-90s are fun, at home my dad's got a 52 ES-175 with a single P-90, and I have an Epiphone Sheraton loaded with P-Rails.. Those are a lot of fun!
    It means I dig your shit! Basically!

i never was good at taking a compliment! haha! thanks, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com