2003 Buffalo

Satans Red MosquitoSatans Red Mosquito Posts: 763
edited February 2010 in The Porch
I'm about to go nuts just like the next guy waiting on these tour dates, but I have to say listening to 2003 Buffalo does a great job of holding me over. The band was just on fire. They are so tight, and so electric. Amazing show, and whoever was there should feel extremely lucky.
Shows Attended
2008 - Bonnaroo
2009 - Chicago 1
2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
2012 - Music Midtown Festival
2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    People Have The Power!
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • J_LAWNJ_LAWN Posts: 163
    yes and the final encore was absolutely incredible
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    I'm about to go nuts just like the next guy waiting on these tour dates, but I have to say listening to 2003 Buffalo does a great job of holding me over. The band was just on fire. They are so tight, and so electric. Amazing show, and whoever was there should feel extremely lucky.

That's a quality boot right there! :clap:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • right on...I think one of the reasons why the band played for so long is that they wouldn't be back anytime soon(2nd Buffalo show so far). I'm from WNY & moved to the northwest in Seattle. The frequency of shows here is by far way more diverse & usually for the most part, weekly happenings. Yet listening to it now, does bring back great memories. It felt like our hometown rock show, if not, thee best rock show ever in Buffalo(I missed AC/DC recently so maybe??)
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • WWSWWS Posts: 459
    Of the 10 shows I've managed...I still see Buffalo '03 as the best PJ show I've seen even over Philly 4, T02 etc.
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,668
    Buffalo is one of my all time favorites, but was completly overshadowed by the show the next night.... State College. But it's up there for me with the Gorge, Wachovia, Borgata, Spetrum, Toledo, and the Boston Experiment. State College is still the hands down best show I have ever been to.
  • 24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    I've seen 28 shows and I have to say that Buffalo was the best one. Crowd, energy, setlist, etc...

Toronto 2 in 06 is a close second. :D
  • It was an amazing show. I still have the ad for the show at my desk at work and was explaining to someone how good that show was just the other day.... They usually come to bufalo evry 7 years so i am holding out hope.....1996.....2003.....2010??????? WHO KNEW IT COULD BE SO BEAUTIFUL!
    Ladies and Gentlemen MR MIKE MCCREADY!!!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Love Fortunate Son Cover. didn't really like that song, till i heard that cover.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    That Buffalo show is still the best on my list as well.

Insane night. A lot of fun things before and after the show as well. I had about 10 friends come into town for the show so we had a hell of a time.
  • Listening to this show now for the first time in a while...almost forgot how great this performance was. One of my favorite versions of Black...Corduroy before they started playing it at warp speed...People Have the Power!
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • Listening to this show now for the first time in a while...almost forgot how great this performance was. One of my favorite versions of Black...Corduroy before they started playing it at warp speed...People Have the Power!

I think that version of Corduroy is probably the best I've ever heard. The solo at the end is amazing, and its a nice tight version.

Not a big fan of the 2003 boots though, can't hear the drums
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    "Thank You, Minnesota"
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    I guess I need to find this and give it a listen.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • This was the show that changed my life. I always love talking about it. I was really depressed and hating my life, and things just weren't good. I decided I had to go that show, as I had never seen PJ before. It was like they were talking to me alone, and for the first time in a long time I felt like I belonged somewhere. The crowd was just nuts. It felt to me like being at a party with all your friends with a great band. Those first 8 songs were insane. Corduroy was amazing, I was shocked when I Got Shit started, and then Even Flow blew me away. Wishlist, Black and Crazy Mary were awesome. I loved the crowd in Alive, and the Baba, Yellow Ledbetter ending was incredible. Now I am 14 shows later, and even though I have been to great shows (Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, Toronto 2 and Grand Rapids in 06) Buffalo will always be THE ONE :-)

P.S. If Pearl Jam would happen to read this, and felt like putting it out as a pro shot DVD or on Vinyl, I would seriously be grateful for it :-)