Possible 2010 Scenarios for PJ

pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 472
edited February 2010 in The Porch
As we await any official confirmations or rejections about all the rumors swirling around, lets try and sift through the various, sometimes contradictory, "reports" (I use that term losely) to see where we stand.

In an interview last summer, "Curtis says the plan for 2010 touring is still coming together and that the band is deciding whether to play outdoor amphitheaters or arenas, which it prefers." Since the interview was with Billboard, I assume Kelly is referring to a U.S. tour. Of course, a lot can happen between now and then. When it was announced pearl jam will headline Jazz Fest, a local promoter relayed the info that he was initially concerned the band would decide not to play after learning they cancelled a planned spring U.S. tour. Meanwhile, a few dates to play MSG in May were being planted, according to an esteemed peer on this here message board. Adding to the push-and-pull of information is the whole SG factor and the possible, if any, ramifications that may have on pearl jam's plans for this year. TwoFeetThick provided an injection of hope via a radio interview with Boom, indicating pearl jam would begin touring in March. This news is followed by another juicy morsel from TFT- "Monday April 19th in St. Pete’s Florida is first official Pearl Jam date that I have heard of. This date flashed on the billboard at the St. Pete’s Times Arena over the weekend!!!" The latest, so far, comes from Mr. Koplik, a respected concert promoter, saying the tour is in the "no idea zone". The band, according to Koplik, initially took steps to begin the process of booking dates but have pulled back, as in it's up in the air, for now. However, although the interview with Koplik was recent, developments could change or have changed, depending on the interim of time since last he was notified.

As a sidenote, taken from a Dutch interview with Stone, it appears pearl jam has already spent some time in the studio this year. Most likely, to polish up the leftovers from Backspacer for a possible EP. There could be a very remote chance this causes a ripple in their future plans if the following option was chosen: They decide to springboard the Backspacer outtakes into a full-length album. If that should occur, they may limit touring until the studio work was finished.

One final observation. As we're all aware, pearl jam will commemorate their 20th anniversary this fall. A concert for this occasion is almost mandatory. The band would want to celebrate such an event with lots of friends and family; making it likely for the show to be located in the U.S. Perhaps a tour surrounding 10-22-2010 does not seem at all far fetched. At this point I'm making stuff up with no sources. Also, the magic eightball tells me to expect a Philly Spectrum DVD and for some reason an appearance on the Ellen Degeneres Show.

Is there anything else we can add to the pile? Okay, now lets all hold our collective breath :shock: