Do you feel shit on by the 10C????

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Now there is no other band in the world that i would join a fan club for...BUT a lot of other people around here do/are, and i always hear how shitty 10c is when it comes to announcing tour dates and ticket sales.

I don't know how other bands do it but i do know it seems like when it comes to PJ we hear it from 20 other places before we get an official word from the 10c!

so........

what is the problem?

is it the band?

is it their management?

is it 10c staff?

why are other bands able to do what Pearl Jam doesn't seem capable of when it comes to tour news/dates?

EDIT: and just for the record...when i say "shit on"...i mean ignored/neglected
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    The natives are getting restless... ;)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    THEY DON'T KNOW FOR SURE YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEEZ :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Now there is no other band in the world that i would join a fan club for...BUT a lot of other people around here do/are, and i always hear how shitty 10c is when it comes to announcing tour dates and ticket sales.

I don't know how other bands do it but i do know it seems like when it comes to PJ we hear it from 20 other places before we get an official word from the 10c!

so........

what is the problem?

is it the band?

is it their management?

is it 10c staff?

why are other bands able to do what Pearl Jam doesn't seem capable of when it comes to tour news/dates?

tell us how u feel man...
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    cdp1223 wrote:
    The natives are getting restless... ;)

:lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! Maybe the 10c should set up a system that they keep score of bonehead threads like this and if you start too many, your 10c number increases! I bet that would keep some people quiet. Do you really think the folks at the 10c have ANYTHING to do with releasing tour dates. Why dont you call Kelly Curtis, or better yet, ring up Eddie and bitch to him---Im sure he would appreciate it! :roll:
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm thankful for the 10C and all they have given me
    so my answer would be no I don't feel shit on
    I think we knew it would be a little while for tour news and no boots for Philly must mean something wonderful like a dvd maybe.
    I choose to be patient and hopeful but then I'm a fanatic weirdo and blindly faithful
  • LOVE the band
    LOVE 10c
    LOVE forum
    LOVE U R CRAZY BREED :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I think that as a business, 10C could be doing a lot better by actually communicating with their customers...

By us having to resort to finding info from outside sources, it gives them a bad reputation for not being straight forward with any news whatsoever. It's a poor business model.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    I dont see any problem with the way its run. I love 10c, its members and the fact I get early entry to alot of the gigs and dont have to run the gauntlet of Ticket Bastard everytime tickets come on sale. I love the fact that ticket touting is forbidden on here. I love the fact that many of us are generous with our time and energies towards each other. I love the meet ups. I JUST LOVE IT ALL. :D
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Yeah, I'm not really into any kind of scat fetish... so no.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Frustrated? Yes...
    Shit on? No........

It always seems to go down like this, I guess I'm used to it. These rumors are like roller coasters, up, down, up, down, hopefully we're just on the downside right now, and 10c will do something to bring us up again. :?
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • zootown wrote:
    WAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! Maybe the 10c should set up a system that they keep score of bonehead threads like this and if you start too many, your 10c number increases! I bet that would keep some people quiet. Do you really think the folks at the 10c have ANYTHING to do with releasing tour dates. Why dont you call Kelly Curtis, or better yet, ring up Eddie and bitch to him---Im sure he would appreciate it! :roll:

maybe you have a fucking reading comprehension problem there lumpy...i asked people how they feel and what they think....i'm not crying about shit! so you can get out of my fucking thread unless you want to follow the topic! ok PJ police man?!

and if you think that there aren't things 10c needs to do to tighten their game you're either blind or a complete kiss ass.

and if you think i'd shy away from asking Ed wtf is up...then you're crazy too! :mrgreen:
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Now there is no other band in the world that i would join a fan club for...BUT a lot of other people around here do/are, and i always hear how shitty 10c is when it comes to announcing tour dates and ticket sales.

so........

what is the problem?

is it the band?

is it their management?

is it 10c staff?

didn't you just bash me in another thread for doing this exact thing.....hypocrite much? people like you just kill me
    THEY DON'T KNOW FOR SURE YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEEZ :roll:

FUCK THAT..this isn't battle of the bands at the local high school...if that is true it is pathetic.
    zootown wrote:

i'm going to keep score of how many times 'bonehead' is used.....it is an underutilized term...it sounds like how Ned Flanders would swear.
  • Sawyer wrote:

so........

what is the problem?

is it the band?

is it their management?

is it 10c staff?

didn't you just bash me in another thread for doing this exact thing.....hypocrite much? people like you just kill me

you were telling people to not sell shit!! how the fuck is that in any way related?!!
  • overall I'm happy with 10C but I do agree with this
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I think that as a business, 10C could be doing a lot better by actually communicating with their customers...

By us having to resort to finding info from outside sources, it gives them a bad reputation for not being straight forward with any news whatsoever. It's a poor business model.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I am actually more frustrated with the band than 10c. 10c can only tell us what they know. it is the band that makes tour plans and then scraps them and then makes more plans and then changes them and doesn't do a full tour and on and on. I've given up on trying to figure out what they think or trying to predict anything they are going to do.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Flagg wrote:
    I am actually more frustrated with the band than 10c. 10c can only tell us what they know. it is the band that makes tour plans and then scraps them and then makes more plans and then changes them and doesn't do a full tour and on and on. I've given up on trying to figure out what they think or trying to predict anything they are going to do.

excellent point Flagg!
    Flagg wrote:
    Band management is in charge of tour schedules...hence Kelly Curtis, hence 10C.

Granted, the band can change their mind last minute and so on, but band management sets up their tours, not the band itself.
  • Flagg wrote:

I agree. And imagine how everyone would react if 10c says there is a tentative tour in the works and gives dates and areas, then comes out and says tour plans have changed. Then makes another announcement. The another while everything is being worked out. People on here would go berserk.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    I just wish they would let us know what the game plan is. You know, like "we will be doing some shows this spring/summer. nothing concrete yet but we will let you know as soon as it is confirmed" or " no tour this summer, but hoping for some shows in the fall"

I am not complaining but it would be nice to have an idea of what might happen. i dont want to commit to other shows or traveling when there could be some pj shows to go to. They have to understand that we are very dedicated fans and alot of our plans are hinged on pj shows. just give us a hint as to what the future may be. i would like to plan a vacation in july but dont want to book anything until I know there arent shows to go to instead.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• I agree. And imagine how everyone would react if 10c says there is a tentative tour in the works and gives dates and areas, then comes out and says tour plans have changed. Then makes another announcement. The another while everything is being worked out. People on here would go berserk.

so then the question remains.....how do other bands manage to do it when PJ doesn't seem able to?
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    10C will give us something

When there is something to give.

End of discusssion

In my humble opinion

:roll:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I wouldn't use that expression, and I don't feel they purposely try to be less than helpful, but I do think the organization seems to be rather slow-moving and a bit detached from feeling that they have to do their best.

I don't really understand why though. Is it the employees? Is it the lack of information given to them from the top? Is it a lack of standards to follow? I'm not sure.

If other bands can plan their tours in advance and put out a list of all the dates at once, (like PJ used to do when we had to send money in the mail!!!), why can't they do that now? Why dribble out the information like a leaky faucet? There must be a REASON that they aren't giving us all the information at once, and I'd hate to think that it's just being held back as a way to sell tickets to less desirable locations. :| (And, I have considered this as their motive!)

I am generally not a complainer, but I DO think it's gotten to the point that if we don't say anything, we are being dishonest about the less than stellar way the business appears to us as fans. The impression we get is that they are treating us like we have to be grateful for whatever scraps of info they throw our way, and grateful if they met any semblance of a deadline, and we have to be happy with whatever they feel like doing.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    and the "holiday" single. if they wanted to they could have it out for christmas like it supposed to be. but it takes them months to get them to everyone. couple that with the way they announce shows and it looks like 10c isnt the most organized company. but I love the 10c, so I will let it slide.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• justam wrote:
    If other bands can plan their tours in advance and put out a list of all the dates at once, (like PJ used to do when we had to send money in the mail!!!), why can't they do that now? Why dribble out the information like a leaky faucet? There must be a REASON that they aren't giving us all the information at once, and I'd hate to think that it's just being held back as a way to sell tickets to less desirable locations. :| (And, I have considered this as their motive!)

I am generally not a complainer, but I DO think it's gotten to the point that if we don't say anything, we are being dishonest about the less than stellar way the business appears to us as fans. The impression we get is that they are treating us like we have to be grateful for whatever scraps of info they throw our way, and grateful if they met any semblance of a deadline, and we have to be happy with whatever they feel like doing.

very well said my friend!
    edited February 2010
    justam wrote:
    I wouldn't use that expression, and I don't feel they purposely try to be less than helpful, but I do think the organization seems to be rather slow-moving and a bit detached from feeling that they have to do their best.

I don't really understand why though. Is it the employees? Is it the lack of information given to them from the top? Is it a lack of standards to follow? I'm not sure.

I completely agree with this. Perhaps management knows exactly what they're doing, and are more organized than what we see. But, they sure don't convey it that way. I can't help but think that they do not respect us as loyal customers, which is a bad business practice.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • justam wrote:

:D
    well said my friend.
    shit on? not so much. but all the rest....sure.

i also think that nowadays the instant access to information, rumors, etc thru the internet makes it a whole new world, and perhaps 10c/pj just don't quite see/plan it like that.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

This discussion has been closed.