insomnia sucks!

Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Posts: 354
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
last nite was so terrible..
I was going to bed about 1 am (usual time).. and I was going to sleep until 8, but then..
..nothing happened! I wanted to sleep but I couldnt! no way! I turned on TV, watched discovery, hockey, other shit.. nothing! I realized that I just will not sleep.. so I was laying there hating everything and everyone and asking "why me? what I did?".. so it was a fucking long night.. and when it was 7 I just stand up and went to kitchen blaming all the mercyless gods in the world :x
such a shit.. first time in my life I couldn't sleep when I wanted to.. and what a long day (its 5 pm here)..

anyone else? :shock:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Yes, had it in the past, and as soon as I worry about something, wham, I'm awak half the night if not all. :(
  • Every night... I am so used to it that I wouldn't no what to do if I slept through the night.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Every night... I am so used to it that I wouldn't no what to do if I slept through the night.

ouch!
    so not healthy BD, tho of course i'm sure you know that.
    i've suffered from it from time to time, usually have difficulty falling asleep, but not too bad nowadays. if/when i suffer from insomnia, there's usually a good reason. thankfully not plagued with bad sleep all that much anymore. sadly, hubby seems to be a poor sleeper now whereas in the past was a great sleeper. sleep is SOOOOO important!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Any of you ever try Melatonin?
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    it is sure a common problem these days. I guess so many worries for people, so much to do. For me my mind just won't stop. Even lately when I do sleep I dream so vivid that I don't feel rested and wake so often. Then in waking hours i wonder if something was a dream or real oh boy.....
    I try not to get anxious about it all cause that just makes it worse.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Insomnia totally sucks. I get it now and then, there's a really good book I read that helped - Say Good Night to Insomnia by Gregg D. Jacobs. It's about falling asleep without using drugs. Sleeping pills work, but they sort of freak me out. Good luck.
  • bunnybunny Posts: 270
    im not an insomniac.,but infrequently, i can't sleep all through the night.
    Have you ever tried anything??
    hot milk(not too hot but lukewarm),non-caffeinated sweet tea,appropriate exercise,..etc
    ...they are effective for me :P
    If you don't have severe(chronic) insomnia,i think you better not resort to using sleeping pills.
    Good luck.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    trazadone cures all
  • This is a constant theme. I see desperate people complaining about insomnia every week or two on here.

GO ORGANIC!!! I suffered horribly for over 12 years with insomnia. It is a distant (nightmarish) memory now. All I did was stop eating genetically engineered frankenfood with preservatives, flavourings, etc.

Health is easy. Disease is complicated and difficult.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i've never been to able to sleep until now. i guess it was the quitting drinking and learning not to stress/dwell on things. realizing i have no control over the world has put me in a great state of mind. i actually love laying down for bed now. this is all new to me
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Ever since I had my kids, I can no longer sleep thru the night! My kids are now 12 & 8 yrs old and I still get up around 2 am. I've tried everything, so every so often when I'm desperate I'll take a Tylenol PM about every (2) weeks just so I can have one good night sleep.
    ********************************************************************************************* image