Californian holiday

Hawk JamHawk Jam Posts: 121
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Hi All,

Aussie family of 6 (4 kids aged 9 and under) looking to do the Disneyland, Legoland thing, any accomodation or general US travel do's and dont's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Hawk Jam wrote:
    Hi All,

Aussie family of 6 (4 kids aged 9 and under) looking to do the Disneyland, Legoland thing, any accomodation or general US travel do's and dont's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    David

I don't live in California, but I have been there plenty of times, especially as a youngin' to see family and such. If you're looking for theme park kind of fun, I personally loved Universal Studios and would recommend it. Been to the one in Orlando, FL and The California Park and they are a blast. Basically all movie/TV themed stuff.

Disneyland is an American classic though, and I think everybody should go there at one point in time.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Hawk Jam wrote:
    Hi All,

Thanks
    David

I don't live in California, but I have been there plenty of times, especially as a youngin' to see family and such. If you're looking for theme park kind of fun, I personally loved Universal Studios and would recommend it. Been to the one in Orlando, FL and The California Park and they are a blast. Basically all movie/TV themed stuff.

Disneyland is an American classic though, and I think everybody should go there at one point in time.

Visited California twice, I agree universal studios was great, we had the week pass which was worth it. As far as accommodations we did the budget thing and stayed at a comfort inn near universal, not the greatest, but clean, friendly and helpful staff. Enjoy!
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon