a couple questions

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited February 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
hi kids! :D

i've decided to try to learn acoustic guitar...it's something i've wanted to do since i was a teenager but never bothered to try...well now it's time...so i've been looking around and am in need of some advice

searching around the web, it seems like this would be a good left handed starter guitar

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-CD10 ... 1166301.gc

if you guys know of any better guitars at the same price let me know

also, could you please let me know of anything else i'll need...strings, picks, etc

thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hmm,,,in case stone leave the band.smart.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    IF you can find them where you are, look for Art and Lutherie guitars. AMAZING guitars for the money!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    the Jasmine series by Takemine have a really nice tone to them. i've had mine for a long time & still play it a lot even though i have other acoustics.

http://www.jasmineguitars.com/
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    the Jasmine series by Takemine have a really nice tone to them. i've had mine for a long time & still play it a lot even though i have other acoustics.

http://www.jasmineguitars.com/
    My buddy has one of the Jasmine's and it's awesome. I have a Fender acoustic (came in a starter pack) and it's also great. Both of these are good.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • IF you can find them where you are, look for Art and Lutherie guitars. AMAZING guitars for the money!

2nd this, these are 2nd to none for the cost. And pay the extra for a spruce top, you won't be sorry.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    There are some nice washburn D10S around at the moment Norm for a similar price, got one myself and they sound amazing,so much so ive bought the 12 string version as well, maybe you sould go down you local guitar shop and have go of a few, id defo try before you buy because if something looks good doesnt mean it will sound good.
    I started playing 20 years ago, now i am the master :lol:
    Get a few picks,a new set of strings, a chord book, maybe a learn guitar book to teach yourself the basis,and a basic tuner.
    I wouldnt invest in anything else till you know the guitar is for you,happy playing :D
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i bought a real piece of crap classical guitar with a neck for 100 bucks. i could barely wrap my hand around yet alone play a G. i figured if i could learn on that i could play anything. i used it for a year before i got the hang of it, then i bought a decent one.
  • welcome to the club norm! let us know what you eventually buy...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    let us know what you buy Norm :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    You will need a tuner and know what standard tuning is. Picks and strings are up to you, try a bunch of different stuff.

Have fun :D
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    thanks for all the advice guys...i bought the fender...next stop, rock and roll stardom!!! ;):mrgreen:
  • i m waiting for a video clip of u playing even flow solo!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • To some it might be ovious and to some I might come across a a complete idiot but I think that a great guitar (and to most people it is only justifiable with cheap(ish) guitars) needs a great sticker! Personally, I love stylish and thoughtful stickers on guitars. But that's just me...
  • To some it might be ovious and to some I might come across a a complete idiot but I think that a great guitar (and to most people it is only justifiable with cheap(ish) guitars) needs a great sticker! Personally, I love stylish and thoughtful stickers on guitars. But that's just me...
    I personally hate stickers, but to each is own!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I can totally understand that. I know a lot of people who hate stickers. But somehow I'm into that.
    I even have quite an amount of stickers for guitars that I haven't even bought yet, like the 07 Pj-Superman-Toursticker that I'm gonna put on a black Telecaster one of these days. Crazy. I know. :D
  • I can totally understand that. I know a lot of people who hate stickers. But somehow I'm into that.
    I even have quite an amount of stickers for guitars that I haven't even bought yet, like the 07 Pj-Superman-Toursticker that I'm gonna put on a black Telecaster one of these days. Crazy. I know. :D
    Stickers, IMO, are for the case... Which is why I don't like my strat case... Stickers don't stick well :( My brother's bass case is COVERED.
  • My strat case is covered as well. Thank god it takes stickers VERY well. :) My case is where the stickers that I'm not saving for instruments go.