Options

JOY DIVISION

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
edited November 2013 in Other Music
joy-division-signpost.jpg

WHO IS A FAN???
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    ME
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    ME
    awesome,,i post it in another thread,,how great music could have if Ian Curtis didnt kill himself..
    listening dead souls btw
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Great song...and you obviously know NIN does a GREAT cover
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    I never really got into them, havent listened to them for ages. Would i be horribly wrong in saying they are the band similar to Depeche Mode.

Where is Jack? he has some family connection with one of the guys :P
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    Great song...and you obviously know NIN does a GREAT cover
    yep..soundtrack for the movir the crow..
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    I never really got into them, havent listened to them for ages. Would i be horribly wrong in saying they are the band similar to Depeche Mode.

Where is Jack? he has some family connection with one of the guys :P
    i think new order is similar to depeche mode..maybe u think this couse the voices that seems so unique,Dave Gahan and Curtis
  • Options
    As far as bands go today that you can really compare the two are Interpol...who I LOVE btw.
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    Radiohead doing Joy Division/New Order's 'Ceremony'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mojJSYSjP18
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    i like joy division quite a bit but i like new order more.
  • Options
    I saw Bauhaus featuring Trent Reznor do a cover of JD's Transmission live in Chicago in 05. EPIC!!!! 8-) I love Joy Division SFM.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    The Smashing Pumpkins covered Transmission a lot on their 98 tour.
  • Options
    the crazy thing happen to me about JD was the movie control..i go to the cinema to see it in a small town,,around 30.000 people...i was alone in the cinema,,they play the movie only for me... :lol::lol:
    next day they say it in radio that only onr guy saw the movie so far... :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    i think The Cure cover Love Will Tear Us Apart
  • Options
    its interesting how influential these guys have become. Bloc Party, Editors, The national, and Interpol, are obviously hugely influenced by this band
  • Options
    all was great musicians..+ always the lead singer in a group can make a group bigger!!!ian was a charismatic person..too bad he not around..
  • Options
    eddie tagged love will tear us apart onto the end of daughter at bonnaroo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2UPUX7t2M

so awesome
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    eddie tagged love will tear us apart onto the end of daughter at bonnaroo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2UPUX7t2M

so awesome
    yep..in a way.. :D
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Calexico also cover "Love Will Tear Us Apart."

I finally found the band a few years ago. Love driving around at night to Closer.
  • Options
    pretext wrote:
    Calexico also cover "Love Will Tear Us Apart."

I finally found the band a few years ago. Love driving around at night to Closer.
    awesome,,closer is an album for traveling in any way..
  • Options
    New Dawn Fades makes me cry every time I hear it. As does Ceremony, I know it's New Order but it's really a Joy Division song. There was a quote yesterday in the English press from Hooky about how JD are bigger now than they were when they were around. That says everything.
  • Options
    malcyrvs wrote:
    New Dawn Fades makes me cry every time I hear it. As does Ceremony, I know it's New Order but it's really a Joy Division song. There was a quote yesterday in the English press from Hooky about how JD are bigger now than they were when they were around. That says everything.
    im listening still now..amazing version of New Dawn Fades,Ceremony,Shadowplay,Decades,Dead souls
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I got all 3 special edition CDs here at work and throw them in occasionally. What could have been will be the question that will never be answered, just like so many others that have left us way too early.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    they are a wicked band! anyone seen control? the guy who plays ian curtis does a great job
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • Options
    pearl spam wrote:
    they are a wicked band! anyone seen control? the guy who plays ian curtis does a great job
    i was alone in the cinema.. :lol:
  • Options
    jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    i love joy division. uber special band. on the other hand i have a little trivia about joy division. anyone know where the name originated from.??
  • Options
    jr19 wrote:
    i love joy division. uber special band. on the other hand i have a little trivia about joy division. anyone know where the name originated from.??
    they borrow their new name from the prostitution wing of a Nazi concentration camp at world war 2
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    pearl spam wrote:

Agreed. I watched some Joy Division documentaries and thought he nailed it.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    edited February 2010
    I've been listening to Joy Division for about 15 years now. Though I was into New Order before I listened to Joy Division.

Closer is an amazing album. It was released a couple of months after Curtis killed himself.

I recently saw the movie 'Control' and thought they did a brilliant job. All of the actors were superb.
    Post edited by Byrnzie on
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I've been listening to Joy Division for about 15 years now. Though I was into New Order before I listened to Joy Division.

Closer is an amazing album. It was released a couple of months after Curtis killed himself.

I recently saw the movie 'Control' and thought they did a brilliant job. All of the actors were superb.
    damn right!!!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    This was their first ever t.v performance in 1978. It's pretty fucking awesome:

Shadowplay
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzTw4PYfROU