Kurt Warner retires

mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4870096

I thought he had another year or two in him. He had a great season!

Bet a lot of $, he'll be doing NFL commentating in the near future.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    I dont blame him....he's had a bunch of concussions, and we all no what that leads to.

He's a class act all the way, HOF'er no doubt in my mind, great story coming into the leauge
  • sad to hear this but i expected it. he's my favorite nfl player, i was a huge rams fan when the were the greatest show on earth
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    sad to hear this but i expected it. he's my favorite nfl player, i was a huge rams fan when the were the greatest show on earth

u mean turf ;)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    sad to hear this but i expected it. he's my favorite nfl player, i was a huge rams fan when the were the greatest show on earth

The Rams were always my team. He was my guy for the only superbowl those rams ever won. Take care, Warner, you ol' stock boy, you.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Pity Favre can't retire with this much dignity...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,060
    That would require LESS ego. Ain't gonna happen.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    One thing I know...

The Cardinals are now completely F'ed.

Leinart is an absolute joke. I can still see them squeaking into the playoffs next year for the one reason....their division is terrible.

I was never a Rams, Cards, or Warner fan, but I do think he's a pretty good guy and I think he's a smart football player who is going to have a great career in the booth.
  • geez my bad i did mean turf. long day. but yeah, kurt, marshall, isaac, torry, those guys were amazing together
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    eyedclaar wrote:

The Rams were always my team. He was my guy for the only superbowl those rams ever won. Take care, Warner, you ol' stock boy, you.

:wtf:

big vince ferragamo fan are ya? ;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

first he needs to, you know, retire! ;) :roll:
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    norm wrote:

His sister (or cousin, I forget now) was my dad's assistant. Mui caliente!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    norm wrote:
    eyedclaar wrote:

You know I wonder if I watched that superbowl. I don't remember it. My real Dad, now dead, was a huge fan and I wound up that way by extension. In one of the oldest photos I have of myself (like 4 years old) I am wearing a pimp Ram's jacket. I started really paying attention around the Dickerson era...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    he was fun to watch, a great quaterback and the backstory is great

I am sure Dick Vermeil is weeping
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,713
    Pity Favre can't retire
    Fixed that for you.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,845
    Kinda sucks, class act guy. One of my friends is a huge Warner fan. Sure he'll be in Canton, OH in a few years.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,629
    LET THE DONOVAN MCNABB RUMORS COMMENCE...
    www.myspace.com

Meh, just like every other year...don't see him leaving Philly.

I know McNabb has a year left on his contract, but do you really think they're going to try to deal him? Kolb is a fantastic backup and Vick can't lead a team to the playoffs on his own...I just don't see it.

I can see them waiting out his contract and letting him go. Don't get me wrong, I think McNabb is easily a top 5, top 10 QB in the league, but I also don't see him playing for some half-assed team...and right now the only buyers are going to be just that.
    Those buyers aren't going to want a one year QB to lead their team and want out. McNabb isn't young dude anymore and surely he's going to want a real chance at a ring.
    The Eagle's best chance at winning a championship (in the next year or two) is with McNabb behind center.

Actually, I think the best fit for McNabb would be the Cardinals. Established team, quality WRs...though the Cards are going to have to give a ton for him and they aren't that kind of team.
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Call me weird, but I can't respect a QB who wears a glove on his throwing hand
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • YES!!!! :D Now the 49ers can resume their dynasty in the west! With Warner out and Pete Carroll coming in, this is going to be great!! :lol:
  • He was a great QB... and in the days spoiled young athletes and all that crap, his really is one amazing story. I'm sure there will be a Disney movie about his life someday.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    mca47 wrote:

I know McNabb has a year left on his contract, but do you really think they're going to try to deal him? Kolb is a fantastic backup and Vick can't lead a team to the playoffs on his own...I just don't see it.

I can see them waiting out his contract and letting him go. Don't get me wrong, I think McNabb is easily a top 5, top 10 QB in the league, but I also don't see him playing for some half-assed team...and right now the only buyers are going to be just that.
    Those buyers aren't going to want a one year QB to lead their team and want out. McNabb isn't young dude anymore and surely he's going to want a real chance at a ring.
    The Eagle's best chance at winning a championship (in the next year or two) is with McNabb behind center.

Actually, I think the best fit for McNabb would be the Cardinals. Established team, quality WRs...though the Cards are going to have to give a ton for him and they aren't that kind of team.

trust me. this certainly can happen this offseason. mcnabb would require a 2 year extension. the cards would do that and wont be afraid of his age given the recent great success they have had with an older kurt warner. it would take a first or a 2nd and 4th or so. if farve ever retires--there's your two bidders.
    www.myspace.com
    mca47 wrote:

trust me. this certainly can happen this offseason. mcnabb would require a 2 year extension. the cards would do that and wont be afraid of his age given the recent great success they have had with an older kurt warner. it would take a first or a 2nd and 4th or so. if farve ever retires--there's your two bidders.

I think from the prospective of the three teams (Eagles, Cards, Vikes) you have this...

Eagles: They are a good team, but not an elite/Superbowl team. There is no way they can or will do much of anything without a strong leader and quality QB. I think we'll know more of what they are thinking when the draft happens, but it seems to me if they let McNabb go, they have at least a couple years before they are really "back in it".

Cards: They're going to need a QB bigtime now! They have a good team, but there is no way Leinart is going to be a real starter in the NFL. They will certainly consider McNabb and I think he'd be a good fit...that said, I don't see them selling the farm to get him. I predict they bring in a veteran QB, but they won't spend much to get him and they go after someone in the draft (despite it being a shitty year for QBs).

Vikes: Coming off a career year, I fully expect Favre to play another year (or two) as long as he stays healthy. They are a great team who is really close. QB is the least of their concerns at this point. IMO, they just need to smooth out the rough edges and they'll easily be a top 5 team for years to come.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I think from the prospective of the three teams (Eagles, Cards, Vikes) you have this...

Eagles: They are a good team, but not an elite/Superbowl team. There is no way they can or will do much of anything without a strong leader and quality QB. I think we'll know more of what they are thinking when the draft happens, but it seems to me if they let McNabb go, they have at least a couple years before they are really "back in it".

Cards: They're going to need a QB bigtime now! They have a good team, but there is no way Leinart is going to be a real starter in the NFL. They will certainly consider McNabb and I think he'd be a good fit...that said, I don't see them selling the farm to get him. I predict they bring in a veteran QB, but they won't spend much to get him and they go after someone in the draft (despite it being a shitty year for QBs).

Vikes: Coming off a career year, I fully expect Favre to play another year (or two) as long as he stays healthy. They are a great team who is really close. QB is the least of their concerns at this point. IMO, they just need to smooth out the rough edges and they'll easily be a top 5 team for years to come.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
    the eagles win 10 games with mcnabb or kolb. mark that down. the bigger problem with this team lies with its defense. if they properly fill their needs there, all the weapons on offense and a healthy offenseive line will make all the difference in the world. with all that talent kolb should be able to manage the offense. the defense is the bigger issue.

i'd be shocked if the cards and eagles did not have preliminary talks at the senior bowl this week and at the combine coming up.
    www.myspace.com
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I always was a fan of Warner. I kind of wish he played the way he did with other teams for the Giants, but at least he paved the way for Eli!

I think he deserves HOF status.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Will miss Warner. Amazing story and we won't see another one quite like that.

And I would bet a million dollars he doesn't flip-flop and un-retire next summer. Unlike certain douchebag QBs who shall remain nameless.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Flagg wrote:
    Will miss Warner. Amazing story and we won't see another one quite like that.

And I would bet a million dollars he doesn't flip-flop and un-retire next summer. Unlike certain douchebag QBs who shall remain nameless.

babe laufenberg?
    www.myspace.com