Options

MMJ Tour Dates

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited January 2010 in Other Music
From rollingstone.com

PreviousNextLatest
My Morning Jacket to Tour with Preservation Hall Jazz Band
1/29/10, 3:03 pm EST
My Morning Jacket has recruited New Orleans’ Preservation Hall Jazz Band for a short trek that begins April 20th in Birmingham, Alabama. MMJ frontman Jim James was inspired to bring the PHJB on the road after collaborating with the group on a pair of tracks for Preservation: An Album to Benefit Preservation Hall & the Preservation Hall Music Outreach Program, a compilation that teams the PHJB with vocalists like James, Tom Waits, Merle Haggard, Pete Seeger and many more. The comp is due out February 16th.

“When I got the invitation to go to the legendary Preservation Hall — where so much of the music we now know and love on this earth found its early roots — I did not waste a minute,” James said. “Getting to sing while the guys played with such glorious bursts of sound — all live in that holy room with the ghosts and garbage trucks crankin’ along — was an experience I’ll never forget.”

The Preservation Hall Jazz Band will open for MMJ on all dates. Check out the bands’ schedule — including sets at the Big Easy’s Jazzfest on April 24th — here:

My Morning Jacket with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Apr. 20 – Birmingham, AL @ Alabama Theater
Apr. 21 – Nashville, TN @ Municipal Auditorium
Apr. 23 – Atlanta, GA @ Chastain Park
Apr. 24 – New Orleans, LA @ Jazzfest
Apr. 27 – St. Augustine, FL @ St. Augustine Amphitheater
Apr. 28 – Charleston, SC @ Family Circle
Apr. 30 – Raleigh, NC @ Koka Booth
May 1 – Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post Pavilion
May 2 – Columbus, OH @ LC Outdoor Pavilion
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    :( :( :( :( :(

Please come out west soon.

i'm in dire need of an MMJ fix and i was almost certain we'd get a date. Oh well, maybe a fall show
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    I'll bet there will be more dates to come after that trek with the jazz band
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Fuck yea!!!!! I'll be attending the St Augustine show 8-)8-)8-)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    MMJ + Chastain Park=A great combo, I'll be there.
  • Options
    As a loyal fan of MMJ, I feel bad that I can't make these shows. Anybody that goes to these is in for a real treat. They gotta come back to New England soon. New Years Eve at Madison Square Garden 2008/2009 was incredible. So much fun.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    To drive down to Maryland or not to drive down....that is the question??
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    PJRock75 wrote:
    To drive down to Maryland or not to drive down....that is the question??
    Im thinking of doing the same thing. Ahh, I gotta wait for closer venues to be announced. Must resist.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    I would rather wait too...especially since funds are tight and WE ARE ALL waiting for big PJ news to drop that will pretty much determine my entire touring plans for the Spring/Summer.
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    Right on that one. Their live shows are mesmerizing though. So intense. Saw them two years ago on the Boston waterfront with TS Hanna bearing down. The backdrop of a tropical storm and the lighting and effects and I was hooked. They might be the best live act around right now, sans PJ.
  • Options
    Agreed...my top 3 that I've seen Electric Factory '06, Bonarroo '08, NYT @ MSG '09...ALL INSANELY GOOD
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Columbia, MD is where I have to go, eh? Okay.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Fuck yea!!!!! I'll be attending the St Augustine show 8-)8-)8-)

I stayed in St. Augustine in 2008 when I went and saw PJ in Tampa...what an awesome city that is. Have fun! I saw there was an amphitheatre while I was there and thought that it would probably be bad ass.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    MMJ + Chastain Park=A great combo, I'll be there.
    Saw The Black Crowes at Chastain. I loved that venue, especially how it pretty much came up out of nowhere in the neighborhoods surrounding it.

MMJ there sounds like a blast! :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    Im thinking of doing the same thing. Ahh, I gotta wait for closer venues to be announced. Must resist.

Fellow people from Boston....Sox are playing in Baltimore that weekend...im so pumped now.
  • Options
    see you in columbus.
  • Options
    Didnt get to see them at the Fox here in Atlanta last time they played, so hopefully ill make it to chastain. The show at Roo 08 was fuckin amazing.
  • Options
    jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    going to the charleston date. im not sure about the venue. the family circle is a tennis stadium so....... anyone ever seen a show there??