Why didn't Eddie tour with Neil Young in 95

mawfordinksmawfordinks Posts: 65
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Was lucky enough to see Neil Young/Pearl Jam tour in 1995. Does anybody know why Eddie didn't tour?
Was just wondering? Was he getting married back then.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Met Jeff on this tour and asked this very question and I seem to remember him saying Ed had something happen with his hip. Whether he meant his body part or his cool I'll never know.
  • From a danish interview with Stone. Google translate

Neil Young

- Creating a record with Pearl Jam and a second artist would be incredible and it was actually what we did with Neil Young on "Mirror Ball". He made a record with us as a backing band. I do not think it was so successful and that we played as good as we could. Neil showed us just three chords, and we played it once or twice, and he said "great, done, perfect." We never had a chance to do better. You have no time with Neil, so you must be a genius right away. And it was slightly above our level to be a genius right away. But I am proud of the plate and pleased that Neil took us under his arm. "Okay, Pearl Jam, big band, I'll make a record with them, but I would not use Eddie" (ha ha), it is so funny, he is an incredible character. He just wanted to help us as a band, "You are good," he said, "Take a band." He challenged Eddie suffered.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Stone's sums it all there : You have no time with Neil, so you must be a genius right away. And it was slightly above our level to be a genius right away.

I am reading "Shakey" at the moment. What Stone says there is basically what everybody says about Neil!!

I wish they will do another album together!