When Leno returns, what will his ratings be like?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
When Leno takes back the reins of The Tonight Show, on his first night back, first week back, what will his ratings be like? Will America have forgiven him, after seeing the Oprah interview? Or will he experience a huge drop in ratings? And heres the kickers, wouldnt it be so poetic, and just, if he had horrific ratings that first week and was pulled off the air and fired? Although to expect NBC to actually do this, to actually do right by their audience, isnt that asking too much?

thats the only thing that leno seems to talk about, is ratings, and how its all buisness. So will he get the clue, and step down, if he sees he is tanking that first week?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Who is Leno?
    Do i care anyway :(
  • brett0400 wrote:
    Who is Leno?
    Do i care anyway :(
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Random thought, but my favorite thing that Conan would ever do was when he'd tell a real nasty joke about someone then break into a country dance and sing "I'm a going to hell when I die" :lol::lol::lol:
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Leno still has fans and Oprah interview helped to sort it out.
    I actually thought Cohan a big baby not to take the midnight slot NBC offered and he could have kept the Tonight Show. If it was such a valued thing not sure why he didn't. 45 million I guess to walk, gets on a different network. Maybe cause his ratings were so bad he thought he better bail.
    Leno was willing to take a half hour show I think he's been ok through this and is taking kind of an unfair hit.
    NBC should have given it more time. 7 months?
    Leno at 10 was good for us but I can see we were in the minority.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    When Leno takes back the reins of The Tonight Show, on his first night back, first week back, what will his ratings be like? Will America have forgiven him, after seeing the Oprah interview? Or will he experience a huge drop in ratings? And heres the kickers, wouldnt it be so poetic, and just, if he had horrific ratings that first week and was pulled off the air and fired? Although to expect NBC to actually do this, to actually do right by their audience, isnt that asking too much?

thats the only thing that leno seems to talk about, is ratings, and how its all buisness. So will he get the clue, and step down, if he sees he is tanking that first week?

Why does he need to be forgiven, it's neither Conan nor Leno's fault what went on, this a mess NBC created. They should have left things alone and let Conan walk in 2004. I think to tell Leno your going off the air when he had the number ratings and the ratings never slid was a mistake.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Who the fuck cares anyway.
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,952

I think Leno's numbers will be similar to what he got before he left the tonight show. I mean his show already skewed towards the older demographic. And I think a lot of people don't either know what went on or just don't care. They just want something simple and funny before they go to bed (like funny headlines or misprints or a guy interviewing idiots on the streets of Hollywood) and then some bigshot celebrities. Plus I think the other thing to remember is that there were a lot of people who watched Leno's show at 10pm. Not enough to make the affiliates happy, but if he keeps those same numbers at 1130 they will be good ratings.