Pearl Jam Groundhog Day 2-2-10

Backspacer 76Backspacer 76 Posts: 960
edited February 2010 in The Porch
Pearl Jam Groundhog Day is an annual holiday celebrated on February 2. It is held in the United States and Canada. According to folklore, if Pearl Jam & the employees at 10c. emerge from its burrow on this day and fails to see its shadow, it will leave the burrow, signifying that the wait for "Tour Dates and Philly Boots" will soon end. If on the other hand, Pearl Jam and the 10c. employees sees its shadow, the band and 10c. will supposedly retreat into its burrow, and the wait for "Tour Dates and Philly Boots" will continue for six more weeks.

Everybody keep their fingers crossed ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    ok, this one made me laugh ! well played.

:D
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    good one mate lol :mrgreen:
  • groundhogday.jpg
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • the wolf wrote:
    ok, this one made me laugh ! well played.

:D
    good one mate lol :mrgreen:

Thank you and Thank you.

Not bitching about the "dates or boots" here.
    Just trying to have a good laugh at the situation.
    At the end of the day all you can do is have a good
    sense of humor and try to make the best of it.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    "Dont post angry, dont post angry"
  • groundhogday.jpg

"Phil!"

"Ned Ryerson! I have been waiting so long to see you. I don't know where you're going, but can you call in sick?"
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • groundhog-day.jpg
    Hmmmmmm.......tired of repeating the same day over and over
    or tired of waiting on "Tour dates & Philly Boots"??????????
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Phil saw his shadow, does that mean we have to wait 6 more weeks for philly boots now? :cry:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Classic movie- if Lost wasn't on tonight, I'd be watching it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Ned, I would love to stand here and talk with you... but I'm not going to.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Anyone ever been to Gobbler's Knob to see the groundhog? My buddies and I for years have been talking about going out there and drinking Irish coffees in Punxatawney, PA at 4:30am.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • LukinFan wrote:
    Classic movie- if Lost wasn't on tonight, I'd be watching it
    +1 :mrgreen:
  • KO282453 wrote:
    Phil saw his shadow, does that mean we have to wait 6 more weeks for philly boots now? :cry:
    God I hope not.......don't know if I could take 6 more weeks of the Philly boot drama.
  • Anyone ever been to Gobbler's Knob to see the groundhog? My buddies and I for years have been talking about going out there and drinking Irish coffees in Punxatawney, PA at 4:30am.
    too late from what i understand

i've never been myself...but here ina burgh i have lots of friends from punxy

according to them all the (booze oriented) fun has been forced out of the day
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here