Prediction:The next Vault release

lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
edited February 2010 in The Porch
will coincide with the scheduled re-issue of "VS".

Each CD purchased will have a code (similar to the "Drop in the Park" show) in which you can retrive this special "VS" era PJ concert remastered soundboard:

04/12/94
Orpheum Theater: Boston, MA
set:
Oceans, Even Flow, Sonic Reducer, State of Love and Trust, Hard to Imagine, Immortality/(Hey Hey, My My), Go, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suck You Dry), Alone, Not for You, Better Man, Rats, Blood
enc:
Release, Tremor Christ, Once, Fuckin' Up, Dirty Frank, Yellow Ledbetter, instrumental jam, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, I've Got a Feeling/jam

notes:

The crew created this setlist, full of new songs and b-sides. Mark Arm joins PJ for 'Sonic Reducer.' Standout version of 'Immortality.' Ed's comments: "This is the second to the last night of this fucking tour. Play New York and we are going home. We would like to thank our crew, speaking of 'Rats.' You should also thank the one who made the setlist tonight, cause somebody else made it. This is a fucking awesome place you live in. Lots of history. It is definitely one of the places I want to live." Mike pretends to hide during the appropriate 'Dirty Frank' lyrics. Having a rather cheerful night, Ed quips, "I really shouldn't let you all see me this happy ... people might expect it all the time." During the extended (20+ min.?) 'I've Got a Feeling' jam, Ed lifts a young female attendee from the crowd and puts her on his shoulders, dances a bit and returns her to her seat, giving her some roses.
"This here's a REQUEST!"
EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
10/25/13 Hartford
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    except all of the non-Vs songs will be cut out.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Mmmh.. That's a great show for sure, but I hope with all my heart that instead they will release on DVD, one day or another, the famous Atlanta 94 show.. Yes, this Atlanta show is easy to find in every format and great soundboard quality, but never one little piece of video of this storic show is ever circulated, and that's a shame..

and then, I have this Boston show on DVD, and it's good enough for me :lol:
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    the only reason I suspect this is that "Rats" from this 4/12/94 show was the FIRST SONG the Vault ever released (for free) as a "BETA test" to make sure folks on this board could easily download the shows..

ask anyone on this board who has been around for a while...

Its got almost all the songs from VS. and is a fan / crew/ band favorite..

my two cents...

I would love to hear a soundboard version of this shows: Hard To Imagine, Release, and Oceans..

think about it..

when have you ever has ALL three of these in the same show??
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    I remember first seeing that setlist and being amazed by it because of all the rare songs. But now that they've played them all again, its lost its appeal
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • locked wrote:
    the only reason I suspect this is that "Rats" from this 4/12/94 show was the FIRST SONG the Vault ever released (for free) as a "BETA test" to make sure folks on this board could easily download the shows..

my two cents...

I would love to hear a soundboard version of this shows: Hard To Imagine, Release, and Oceans..

think about it..

So you think that back in 2005 when they released Rats from that show... they were already thinking ahead 5-6 years for the release of the deluxe Vs. Box set?
  • The would cut all the Vitalogy songs, covers and tags. It would be butchered like Unplugged etc,.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    locked wrote:

my two cents...

think about it..

I agree that if they officially release this show it would be GREAT, even because a soundboard audio would be a pleasure to hear.. Just thought that the Atlanta concert was more "representative"..

Anyway, let's talk about serious things :) I didn't knew that Rats from this show was released as a test, was it soundboard audio? And, more important, can some kind, generous and lovely person post a link to download this track, or send it to me? Thanks :D
    The would cut all the Vitalogy songs, covers and tags. It would be butchered like Unplugged etc,.

I think you've lost something in translation my friend..you keep posting this???

this would only be the BONUS disc..to accompany the re-release of Vs.

(Like the re-release of Ten featured "Drop in the park" concert )

:roll:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    locked wrote:
    (Like the re-release of Ten featured "Drop in the park" concert )

:roll:

right, which was missing the covers.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    [Anyway, let's talk about serious things :) I didn't knew that Rats from this show was released as a test, was it soundboard audio?
    And, more important, can some kind, generous and lovely person post a link to download this track, or send it to me? Thanks :D[/quote]

let me kick the shawl off my lap and stand up with my walker...

;)

anyone here back me up with recollection of the Beta test of "Rats" before the Vault releases..

Wasn't it released with a challenge for this board to ID what show it was taken from...??

Back in the days when a separate company had the software for the boots (can't remember the name?) but they had a separate category on this very board for all us to post issues with download probelms and complaints??
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    locked wrote:
    anyone here back me up with recollection of the Beta test of "Rats" before the Vault releases..

Yes, it was.

Rats in zen, idiots rule...
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,635
    locked wrote:

"Oceans" and "Hard to Imagine" were in London, On, 9/12/05. I was happy enough with the two.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

Gibson wrote:
    locked wrote:

"Oceans" and "Hard to Imagine" were in London, On, 9/12/05. I was happy enough with the two.

your PJ cup runneth over.... for sure!

:shock: i
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    what the heck was the name of the first company that provided the 10C online / download bootlegs ???

(Brain Freeze!)..

:?:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • locked wrote:
    what the heck was the name of the first company that provided the 10C online / download bootlegs ???

(Brain Freeze!)..

Basecamp?
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Atlanta 94' Would be Awesome! :)
    locked wrote:

(Brain Freeze!)..

Basecamp?
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

oh, what a nightmare they were, huh?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford