Former and current drummer news.

musicmanmusicman Posts: 98
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Dave Abbruzzese, will be back in Italy next February. Pearl Jam's former drummer will tour with the I.M.F., whose line-up include Bernard Fowler, Stevie Salas (both known for playing with the Rolling Stones) and TM Stevens. These are the dates scheduled in Italy:

02/10/2010 Zion Club , Conegliano Veneto (TV)
02/11/2010 Lapsus, Torino (TO)
02/12/2010 Sugar Reef Music Hall, Arezzo (AR)
02/13/2010 Kamemeo, Argelato (BO)

Matt Cameron featured on new Peter Frampton album ~ Peter Frampton's new record ("Thank You Mr. Churchill") will be released on April 27, 2010. It will feature various special guests including Pearl Jam drummer, Matt Cameron.

Taken from pearljamonline.com.
"I wanna rock and roll all night and PART OF every day"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Nice. Wish Dave were touring the states.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Would definitely be worth checking out!
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    This is kind of off topic, but you mentioned the Rolling Stones. Didn't EV collaborate with Ron Wood or something like that? Any news on that??
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • OGT92 wrote:
    This is kind of off topic, but you mentioned the Rolling Stones. Didn't EV collaborate with Ron Wood or something like that? Any news on that??

From Twofeetthick:

Vedder on New Ron Wood Solo Album
    by: Jessica Letkemann
    April 5, 2009
    My peeps at Billboard.com are reporting that Eddie will appear on a still-untitled song on Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood’s next solo album, “More Good News,” according to producer Bob Rock.

Here is the original Billboard.com story.

But we already kinda already know that Wood thinks of Vedder. The Concert Chronology reminds that after Ed sang “Wild Horses” with the Stones on September 28, 2005 (the Pittsburgh gig where PJ once again opened for them), Ron Wood apparently gave Eddie a big kiss afterward.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    would def check him out if he came to uk.
  • OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    musicman wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

From Twofeetthick:

April 5, 2009
    My peeps at Billboard.com are reporting that Eddie will appear on a still-untitled song on Rolling Stones guitarist Ron Wood’s next solo album, “More Good News,” according to producer Bob Rock.

But we already kinda already know that Wood thinks of Vedder. The Concert Chronology reminds that after Ed sang “Wild Horses” with the Stones on September 28, 2005 (the Pittsburgh gig where PJ once again opened for them), Ron Wood apparently gave Eddie a big kiss afterward.

Thanks for the update.
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • OGT92 wrote:
    musicman wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

From Twofeetthick:

April 5, 2009

Thanks for the update.

No prob. Can't seem to track down a release date though.
  • efisioefisio Posts: 48
    musicman wrote:
    Dave Abbruzzese, will be back in Italy next February. Pearl Jam's former drummer will tour with the I.M.F., whose line-up include Bernard Fowler, Stevie Salas (both known for playing with the Rolling Stones) and TM Stevens. These are the dates scheduled in Italy:

02/10/2010 Zion Club , Conegliano Veneto (TV)
    02/11/2010 Lapsus, Torino (TO)
    02/12/2010 Sugar Reef Music Hall, Arezzo (AR)
    02/13/2010 Kamemeo, Argelato (BO)

Matt Cameron featured on new Peter Frampton album ~ Peter Frampton's new record ("Thank You Mr. Churchill") will be released on April 27, 2010. It will feature various special guests including Pearl Jam drummer, Matt Cameron.

Taken from pearljamonline.com.

Hi, does anybody knows if Matt plays drums on tracks "I understand" and "A Thousand Dreams" that are on "Thank You Mr Churchill" european release as bonus tracks?