Options

The SNL Potato Chip Skit- Best since 'Cow Bell'

Comments

• Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,067
    jimed14 wrote:
    Dick in a Box is easily the funniest thing that's been on tv in over a million years....

Well, that and Chapelle's Rick James episode, of course.

205-fuck-yo-couch.gif
    awesome :lol:

yeah the digital shorts with andy samberg are great. the 'on the ground' one recently busts me up!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/99944/saturda ... the-ground

i'm not a part of your SYSTEM

My Dad ain't a phone! You think I'm stupid? :lol:
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I like the potato chip sketch. It's one of those things that takes a little while to hit you just right.

It's kind of like Riot Act?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    I like the potato chip sketch. It's one of those things that takes a little while to hit you just right.

It's kind of like Riot Act?

eh, riot act still sucks years later.
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    lol i wouldn't go that far...but i love this skit. it's one of those skits that just had no thought to it and is just crazy ridiculous.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    hinx wrote:
    It's the randomness that makes it hilarious. Why is the guy who wants to be an astronaut dressed like Colonel Sanders? Why are the applications in the fridge?

Forte is a genius and random, ridiculous humor. Ever see The Brothers Solomon? The most random movie EVER. :lol:

THANK YOU SIR! You are one of the few who GETS Will Forte's humor. I did see the Brothers Solomon- I thought it was hilarious too.

Ma'am. ;)
  • Options
    pardon me ma'am. 8-)
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    Sorry- Didn't think it was funny, esp. compared to Walken and the cowbell sketch.
    Walken is hilarious because he's ridiculous without seeming like he's trying to be.
    Forte's shtick is trying to get laughs by acting like an over the top buffoon. I get why people think it's funny, but this doesn't hold a candle to Walken and the cowbell.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    milarso wrote:
    Forte's shtick is trying to get laughs by acting like an over the top buffoon.

i've never really been a fan of him. i just don't like his approach to comedy.

i thought he was hilarious in the skit yesterday with he and jon hamm at the bar and he's the closet organizer guy. that was really funny. same with the closet organizer skit. funny stuff.

can't wait for ashton kutcher and them crooked vultures next week! should be good.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280

i've never really been a fan of him. i just don't like his approach to comedy.

i thought he was hilarious in the skit yesterday with he and jon hamm at the bar and he's the closet organizer guy. that was really funny. same with the closet organizer skit. funny stuff.

can't wait for ashton kutcher and them crooked vultures next week! should be good.

I've just recently started watching again- my gf and I had a good laugh the last few weeks- she's pregnant now, and we think it's funny how we are staying in all the time :D
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    hinxhinx Posts: 414
    pardon me ma'am. 8-)

Haha no worries...it's a total sausage party around here, the default is always "guy". :D
  • Options
    Beautifully acted by fully-commited artists + sublime hilarity= perfection
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    :|

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Beautifully acted by fully-commited artists + sublime hilarity= perfection

You keep bumping this, and it gets less and less funny.

Oh, and did you see who was in the superbowl? Drew Brees and his 109.6 rating vs Peyton Manning and his 99.9 rating.

I told you ... it's a quarterback league my friend!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    good point but Bradshaw's passer rating was in their 70's and he has won 3 more titles than Breesus. booyakah.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Davidtrios wrote:
    good point but Bradshaw's passer rating was in their 70's and he has won 3 more titles than Breesus. booyakah.

again, today's game is far different ... it's a passing league now.

Ask the Jets and their #1 rushing attack and defense.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    ...or one of the worst i have ever seen, and proof that every writer should be fired or that the show should be canceled
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can't wait until 3/13/10. I hope they do a sequel to the potato chip sketch with Ed and Betty White.
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Options
    ugh. can't this thread die? everytime i see it, it is a reminder of how bad that skit was! :)
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    The opposite of funny. Please make this thread go away.
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
  • Options
    "Janelda! How many potato chips did you put in my bowl this morning??"

"35"

"I thought so.......I Thought so."
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,307
    you must be joking.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Davidtrios wrote:
    "Janelda! How many potato chips did you put in my bowl this morning??"

"35"

"I thought so.......I Thought so."

David, how many times are you going to comment on this thread to bump it?

I thought so... I thought so.
  • Options
    this is getting so annoying it is almost funny.

Almost
  • Options
    Mrmerkinball- would you say this thread has had a Pleth-ora of bumps?
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I thought it was pretty dumb, some funny parts like when he jumps on the desk, but this skit is typical of the new cast, a lot of annoying yelling and loud bad voices
  • Options
    Anyone else see the SNL promo with Will Forte and Zack Galifanakis? kicked ass. there's great chemistry between these two comedic oddballs.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/131839/saturd ... lifianakis
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    :cry:

won't

go

Away
  • Options
    make

it

stop