Who have they covered the most?

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited January 2010 in The Porch
PJ has a pretty vast span of artists that they cover, but who have they covered the most?

I'm not interested that they have played one cover song so many times, rather they have covered this list by the Who, this list by Neil etc.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i hope one day i listen this
    what song is it that u wanna hear??
    FREE BIRD...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i hope one day i listen this
    what song is it that u wanna hear??
    FREE BIRD...

Haha. D, all you have to do is shout it REALLY loud in concert. Freeeeeeeeee Biiiiiiiiiiiiird! Bands love that.
  • PJ has a pretty vast span of artists that they cover, but who have they covered the most?

I'm not interested that they have played one cover song so many times, rather they have covered this list by the Who, this list by Neil etc.

I think you've just answered your own question there.

Although if you factor in Ed solo, you'd probably have to add Bruce.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    I am pretty sure that one of the very best bands ever, The Who 8-) is their most covered artist which is simply awesome in my opinion.
    I have 24 different The Who cover songs by Pearl Jam/Eddie Vedder on my iTunes so the list is pretty impressive:D and it may be even more... 8-)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    PJ has covered many bands through the years. It would be interesting to start a thread of who covers PJ...what do ya think?
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,635
    PJ has covered many bands through the years. It would be interesting to start a thread of who covers PJ...what do ya think?

I think there was one a while back. It turned into a thread of bashing bad covers of PJ. Although there was some interesting ones I didn't know about.

Someone correct me if I am wrong and just imagining that this happened.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• I started a thread a while back asking which PJ cover you thought was better: Staind's cover of Black or Seether's cover of Immortality - these are two of my favorite PJ songs and i think Seether did a better job, beleive it or not. But you're right...it pretty much turned into a bashing session; "they both blow", "how dare they?", and so on...
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    I haven't heard Seether's cover yet but am somewhat curious. don't understand the need to bash other bands covering PJ. It's an honor for other bands to conver your music.