Where's the love for Montana PJ?

mccluskyhatmccluskyhat Posts: 11
edited April 2010 in The Porch
Why hasn't Pearl Jam come to Montana to play? Jeff lives here in the fair city of Missoula you would think he'd want to play in his own backyard . . . It's been since 2004 that they've graced us with their presence here . . . C'mon!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ...to be perfectly honest, it's because nobody lives there. when you gotta do a US tour, and you're trying to play for the most people possible, why would you play in Montana?
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Why hasn't Pearl Jam come to Montana to play? Jeff lives here in the fair city of Missoula you would think he'd want to play in his own backyard . . . It's been since 2004 that they've graced us with their presence here . . . C'mon!

Ive always wondered this... Besides the obvious, Population p/s/m. We travel pretty good...
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Montana is gorgeous- I'll travel to see PJ there- do they have a beautiful outside venue?
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Actually they played in 2005 for the Tester Benefit....Missoula has actually been lucky when it comes to PJ shows, considering we only have 65000 people here. Some of the factors they must consider are: distance (we are a long way from any major city so playing here is risky and costly I would imagine), venue (they usually play the Adams Center which is only about 7,000, the only other choice is the football stadium (which holds about 20K) which they played in 98. And, I hate to admit, any band that comes here has to compete with the natural world, and Missoula has notoriously fickle crowds- although we kicked some ass at the Deranged Diction show!!!! So, yeah, cmon guys, come back to ZOOTOWN!
    I hold the pain, release me!
    Bump...lets try to keep on the front page Montanans (at least until we are told about the inevitable tour in the Northeast again :roll: )
  • down_skidown_ski Posts: 328
    I've seen Pearl Jam twice in Missoula, MT. Both have been great shows.

They'll be back.
    Bumpity bump, as we all know THIS is THE week for tour dates!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,530
    I saw the '98 show at grizzy stadium.. it was awesome!

I live in Edmonton these days, which I moved here after the 05 Canadian tour. I was surprised they played Calgary last year (Wasn't expecting a show so close).

anyways I keep hoping for a Missoula show, so I have an excused to road trip down there again.

That storm before the '98 was crazy.. we were camping in the KOA there. And grizzy stadium was cool too, its got that hill behind it where people can sit and watch the show if they didn't get tickets.

Maybe this summer? they do play Montana somewhat frequently? 95, 98, 03, 05?
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    They will be here soon ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    well im sure there is a reson jeff left the place in the first place ;)
    satansbed wrote:
    well im sure there is a reson jeff left the place in the first place ;)

He didnt leave, he lives here now......and there is a reason for that- Missoula rocks. Oh, back to page one! :lol:
  • no good venues here................I'm living in Billings and if they played here it would be a terrible night for them sound-wise
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
    no good venues here................I'm living in Billings and if they played here it would be a terrible night for them sound-wise

I hear you, Billings is a music-void.....we have a new outdoor venue that just started up last summer- Ryan Creek Meadows. Its not very big, but it's SUPER nice!It would be a dream to see PJ there!
  • SamSam Posts: 45
    I don't need an excuse to go to Montana - this would just be icing on the cake!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Thought'd you would be in this thread!!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

You know it ;):D

Just like the boys will be playing in the ZOO :!:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• zootown wrote:
    Actually they played in 2005 for the Tester Benefit....Missoula has actually been lucky when it comes to PJ shows, considering we only have 65000 people here. Some of the factors they must consider are: distance (we are a long way from any major city so playing here is risky and costly I would imagine), venue (they usually play the Adams Center which is only about 7,000, the only other choice is the football stadium (which holds about 20K) which they played in 98. And, I hate to admit, any band that comes here has to compete with the natural world, and Missoula has notoriously fickle crowds- although we kicked some ass at the Deranged Diction show!!!! So, yeah, cmon guys, come back to ZOOTOWN!
    I think there is a new law with the DOT where the bus drivers are only allowed to drive 8 hours at a time before they must stop for eight hours and we are 8 hours away from seattle and eight hours (about) from billings so I think it would be plausible that they would stop and play here on their way through!
  • pandora wrote:
    Montana is gorgeous- I'll travel to see PJ there- do they have a beautiful outside venue?
    The only outside venue I can think that PJ would play would be grizzly stadium . . . We definitely dont have anything like the gorge at george
  • There is another choice, it is the arena @ MSU in Bozeman. My girlfriend worked there for 9 years before moving to NYC. I was at the Pow-Wow they had in April '09 and they can definitely fill that place up and play for 3-4 days if they wanted to. If they play Bozeman, I would gladly fly back to Montana with my girlfriend to revisit & see a PJ show there. ROCK ON!!!!!
    Everything has chains, absolutely nothing's changed...
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    pandora wrote:
    The only outside venue I can think that PJ would play would be grizzly stadium . . . We definitely dont have anything like the gorge at george
    What about Big Sky Brewing Amphitheatre in Missoula? I know it was just built about 4 or 5 years ago. No website for the venue that I can find so I'm not sure of capacity. The show at Grizzly Stadium in 98 was a thing of beauty!!! Still remember all the people up on the hill with their flashlights listening in and Ed allowing a guy to come on stage and propose. I wonder where that couple is today?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    pandora wrote:
    What about Big Sky Brewing Amphitheatre in Missoula? I know it was just built about 4 or 5 years ago. No website for the venue that I can find so I'm not sure of capacity. The show at Grizzly Stadium in 98 was a thing of beauty!!! Still remember all the people up on the hill with their flashlights listening in and Ed allowing a guy to come on stage and propose. I wonder where that couple is today?

Im not sure about that amphitheatre. I think that I heard it went under, or that the owners had to close it for some reason. The stadium would seem like the logical choice. But, and I hate to sound negative, I am thinking that any Spring dates are going to be on the other side of the Mississippi.... :evil:
    [/quote]
    Im not sure about that amphitheatre. I think that I heard it went under, or that the owners had to close it for some reason. The stadium would seem like the logical choice. But, and I hate to sound negative, I am thinking that any Spring dates are going to be on the other side of the Mississippi.... :evil:[/quote]

How about August? Pretty sure they are planning on doing the western states then.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16

Im not sure about that amphitheatre. I think that I heard it went under, or that the owners had to close it for some reason. The stadium would seem like the logical choice. But, and I hate to sound negative, I am thinking that any Spring dates are going to be on the other side of the Mississippi.... :evil:[/quote]
    How about August? Pretty sure they are planning on doing the western states then.[/quote]

That would be great....you are pretty sure? How come? Talking with folks around Missoula who would know (promoters, university people, Rockin Rudys folks), they have heard a whole lot of nothing....
    zootown wrote:

Im not sure about that amphitheatre. I think that I heard it went under, or that the owners had to close it for some reason. The stadium would seem like the logical choice. But, and I hate to sound negative, I am thinking that any Spring dates are going to be on the other side of the Mississippi.... :evil:
    How about August? Pretty sure they are planning on doing the western states then.[/quote]

That would be great....you are pretty sure? How come? Talking with folks around Missoula who would know (promoters, university people, Rockin Rudys folks), they have heard a whole lot of nothing....[/quote]
    Well they probably havn't begun booking all of those dates yet but I'm pretty sure they were booked for San Diego Street Scene about a month ago. Street Scene is always in August.
    Edit: Since I know people always ask for sources: someone who works for a radio station in san diego that is a big sponsor for the festival.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    Lizard wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

You know it ;):D

Just like the boys will be playing in the ZOO :!:

Do you have an estimated date.

Oh, yea... backt o the front page ;) BUMP!!!!!!!!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Hannah ? :D:D:D
    see you soon ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

BUMPY BUMP on account of a new week and some new snow in Zootown, yeah boy! :)
    hump day bump ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1