Options

so this guy at work starts asking me

GreenTeaDiseaseGreenTeaDisease Posts: 3,359
edited December 2007 in The Porch
who my favorite band is, like who is my #1 of all time. so I tell him and he goes "what's your favorite pearl jam song?"

and honestly, i have not a fucking clue.

I realized that pearl jam has SO MANY songs, and each one has a totally meaning to me, equally important across all of them almost.

and I think I think of pearl jam more in terms of albums and tours than individual songs...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Yeh it is so hard to try and pin point a song, because i go through stages of playing the shit out of a song then go onto another song. Personally my favourite song would have to be Betterman, black, alive (a bit cliche) but i can really connect then there r so many others like release, footsteps, sad, oh so many. It is so hard to pinpoint. My head hurts thinking of it. Or maybe my head hurts because i am hung over :P
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    my fave PJ song changes with my moods / seasons / state of mind.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    its a tough question for me, but Alive has probably affected me the most and the longest, so thats it i think, even if its not their 'best' song.
  • Options
    same here.

what ever ones flowing at the time.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    couldnt have said it better.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    in hiding.
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    It took me awhile to realize which was actually my FAVORITE. It kept changing...all the time. But, I've decided on Given to Fly for my absolute favorite....for now anyways! :)
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    It's funny, but I've been asked that question so many times that I have my pat answer. It's Corduroy. It truly is one song I always love to hear and always makes me happy. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    It's funny, but I've been asked that question so many times that I have my pat answer. It's Corduroy. It truly is one song I always love to hear and always makes me happy. :)

good one.

The songs always change. Rearviewmirror is hard to beat. Do the Evolution... Of the Girl....

I think more in terms of my favorite album. Recently Vs. has kicked my ass relentlessly, but I don't think it could over come Binaural as an all time fav.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    i think every pj fan can't pinpoint a favorite. my favorites though are: alive(live versions from 06') leash, present tense, do the evolution, grievance, i am mine, life wasted...basicaly my fav song from each album. if even that.

oops forgot vitalogy... umm...immortality (live versions from 00')
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    in hiding.

that's my favorite song as well :)

(I get attached to diff songs depending on what's going on with me at a particular time but since I bought Yield 10 years ago.. In Hiding has been my number 1
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    who my favorite band is, like who is my #1 of all time. so I tell him and he goes "what's your favorite pearl jam song?"

I realized that pearl jam has SO MANY songs, and each one has a totally meaning to me, equally important across all of them almost.

and I think I think of pearl jam more in terms of albums and tours than individual songs...

It switches day after day.

Today it's "Brother". Tomorrow is predictably "Glorified G".
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036

I had a job interview last year and the interviewer asked me what kind of music I listen, I answered something like "mainly rock music, especially the Seattle Scene and grunge movement" and added that Pearl Jam is my favorite band because I can relate Eddie's lyrics from the first three albums.

the rest of the interview, we talked about PJ. He said he's seen them 7 times and was on his way to see them again during that summer. I felt a bit like a noob because I've only seen them once. He's an executive manager making big dough and I was still trying to finish college.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Release or Breath.

Both of them make me feel invincible. Release does that while making me feel intensely vulnerable at the same time. it's weird.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    I had a job interview last year and the interviewer asked me what kind of music I listen, I answered something like "mainly rock music, especially the Seattle Scene and grunge movement" and added that Pearl Jam is my favorite band because I can relate Eddie's lyrics from the first three albums.

the rest of the interview, we talked about PJ. He said he's seen them 7 times and was on his way to see them again during that summer. I felt a bit like a noob because I've only seen them once. He's an executive manager making big dough and I was still trying to finish college.

did you get the job?
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I never know how to answer questions about my favorite song either. Usually I side-step the question by saying something like "Well, it depends on how I'm feeling at the time."
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    in hiding.
    signed :)

Lots of people don't have a favorite, I think.
    But like said before, it changes with mood, where you are in your life etc.

I get periods when I'm into a song so much, when I discover it again, or for the first time, and it's amazing.
    But In Hiding has probably been on top for a while now :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    that's my favorite song as well :)

(I get attached to diff songs depending on what's going on with me at a particular time but since I bought Yield 10 years ago.. In Hiding has been my number 1
    Awww, Urs, yours too? :)
    it truly is a great song. I get to cry and smile when I listen to it, but all
    in a positive way.
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ITS LIKE HAVING 500 KIDS and choosing ur fav.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    this is easy for me...fav pj song is: I Got Shit.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,071
    i can't pick a fav either.

Maybe Last Kiss

:p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I can't do it; like others said I go through phases and it also depends on my mood. Right now I am in love with "Sad." It is always one of my top songs, but at this moment, I would pick it as one my favs.