Cheaply Framing Poster, Need advice

Satans Red MosquitoSatans Red Mosquito Posts: 763
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I'm tired of putting my Pearl Jam posters in a cheap 9.88 wal-mart frame, I want them matted and framed well, but I have heard I could be looking at 100 bucks a throw, any advice on where to go to get it done cheaply? Hobby Lobby? Michaels??
Shows Attended
2008 - Bonnaroo
2009 - Chicago 1
2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
2012 - Music Midtown Festival
2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    From what i found out at the time i had one of mine done . even if u do it yourself its around 80 bucks . so if u could get it down for 100.00 with out a sweat i would take it . i did . here is a thread .

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102905 ..
  • Check out Micheals. They have nice poster size frames that are always on sale. If not every sunday they have an insert with the sunday paper for 40-50% for 1 product. You can get one frame at a time. I think I bought my poster frame for about $12.00.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • Called around for this in Sweden today. the cheapest in my town is about 80-90dollars. Would like it cheaper, but what can you do.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    www.americanframe.com

You can frame it yourself with wood or metal frames, acid free mats and materials and UV plexi for under $100.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • I've found that Hobby Lobby runs sales pretty often for 50% off pre-made poster frame. With matting, the most expensive frame jobs have been around $50 (unless you want to do double matting).