For Sale HELP

FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I was searching an ad and saw this:

I have the first five Pearl Jam records on vinyl (Ten, Vs., Vitalogy, No Code, and Yield), along with Merkin Ball, STBC single and three Xmas singles from 2006-2008. Will sell the whole lot for $250 or make an offer for individual records.

Upon further inquiry, I received the following response:

All LP records are mint; never been played. Album/artwork only opened to look at; Ten has some slight creasing in sleeve, all others are tip top. Merkin Ball has never been played but I did notice a slight scratch; no idea if it affects it though. Are you interested in all of them or a particular record?

My concern is, is MINT classification (probably overused as it is subjective term) based on the cover/inserts or does vinyl get affected with play use. He says he never listened, but is their a way to prove this?!

I am thinking I should take out Merkinball since it is scratched. Is TEN still in demand with the re-release of the Pearl Jam Super Delux Edition that I already have?!

What kind of offer should I make if I do not include Merkinball?! What if I don't include Merkinball and Ten?!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• calm down

buy them all for $250

re-sell those you don't want to keep
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    My personal way of looking at it is:

If it is opened, it has been played.

The only unplayed records are the sealed ones, and even some sealed ones have been re-sealed after being played. When I was a kid there was a record store near me that sold LP's and CD's. The owner would let you listen to a record or CD before buying. If you didn't like it, he would just take it in back and re-seal it and put it back on the shelf.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    saw this ad and also inquired... I ended up passing. its just not worth it. Ten is easy and cheap, Vs and Vitalogy are cheap. The singles are easy to get. The only reason to get this would be No Code and Yield... and I wasnt willing to buy everything else to get those records.
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    bump
    what exactly are you hoping to obtain? Are you just looking for support in spending $250 on these albums? If so, go for it....
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,049
    adschnei wrote:
    what exactly are you hoping to obtain? Are you just looking for support in spending $250 on these albums? If so, go for it....

Listen dude, Im inquiring the values of these albums. People have been on ebay, to record stores, trading way more than I have so a little knowledge is all Im asking. Im not a vinyl collector to begin with. So before anyone jumps into anything, it is important to get the right info and think things through. Something you should try before posting.
    FY51755 wrote:
    adschnei wrote:

Listen dude, Im inquiring the values of these albums. People have been on ebay, to record stores, trading way more than I have so a little knowledge is all Im asking. Im not a vinyl collector to begin with. So before anyone jumps into anything, it is important to get the right info and think things through. Something you should try before posting.

you too can look on ebay to get an idea of prices! ;) Like you said, do your research.

FYI 08 xmas single is actually in the goods section right now for $4.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    that is not a good deal at all

Yoeld and No code are the only ones worth a hefty price, and they run around 35-65 bucks each. The other stuff is all cheap to get

take a pass