MOON

slightlystonedslightlystoned Posts: 228
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
By far one of the best films in recent memory. Just a breath of fresh air. I cant even put into words the emotion this film brought forth. Just amazing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hmmm looks interesting. Plus, I love Sam Rockwell, I think he's highly underrated.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Downloading it now. :geek:
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    excellent flick.
  • One of my highlights of the year. A bit dissapointed how they explained why there are two of him, i was hoping it would be like open to interpritation but great none the less.

Apparentley the director has said this is supposed to be a trilogy!?

Sam Rockwell's character is only supposed to make a cameo in the next one rather then the main lead. Not sure how it's gonna work as a trilogy but it will be interesting.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    moon as in new moon?
    as in part of the twilight bullshit?
    or just moon?

when i dial up "moon" all i get is "new moon."
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    chadwick wrote:
    moon as in new moon?
    or just moon?

No, just Moon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

I liked it a LOT. Not necessarily a film I'd watch ever again but it is gooooood.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    eMMI wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    moon as in new moon?
    or just moon?

No, just Moon.

I liked it a LOT. Not necessarily a film I'd watch ever again but it is gooooood.

thank you kindly.
    looks like a really good movie.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Quality film. Saw it in the cinema a while back. Sam Rockwell is great in it.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
    chadwick wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    moon as in new moon?
    or just moon?

No, just Moon.

thank you kindly.
    looks like a really good movie.

You're welcome. :)

I'd definitely recommend this film to everyone. Some people at work have asked me about it, as they've not been sci-fi fans. But really, it isn't as much sci-fi (with crazy aliens out the wazoo) as it is just an excellent story put together brilliantly. *nods*
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Goodnight moon.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I really liked it. Didn't love it though.

It's directed by Duncan Jones aka Zowie Bowie -- David Bowie's son.

And he made it for only $5 million too. 8-)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I really liked it. Didn't love it though.

It's directed by Duncan Jones aka Zowie Bowie -- David Bowie's son.

And he made it for only $5 million too. 8-)

That movie was made for $5 million, wow awesome? Never heard of the movie but the traler looks pretty good like all trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuScTcDP_Q

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• loopjdloopjd Posts: 121
    I don't watch too many movies in theaters, but that was my favorite of last year.
    September 30th, 2009
    Best. Night. Ever.
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Very clever film. Kinda reminded me of Starman with Jeff Bridges a little. Not the story but the way Sam Rockwell owned the entire film.

Kinda sucks that it was a cheap film that turned out great but no major distribution producers want to buy it for wider audiences. Similar to The Hurt Locker, which was very cheap budget for a war film but they didn't get a wider theatrical opening.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    It saddens me that people aren't renting this at the shop i work at.
    I told my boss to put it on the shelves and now he's wondering why... but its such a good movie!!!!!!!!

People hardly ever rent the good ones.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • haffajappa wrote:
    I told my boss to put it on the shelves and now he's wondering why... but its such a good movie!!!!!!!!

:lol: no they never do.
    haffajappa wrote:

Yes! I feel exactly the same way. Sure, they'll rent Love Guru or Terminator Salvation (which I haven't actually seen but have heard that it isn't very good. :P )but not Moon. :evil:
    eMMI wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Yes! I feel exactly the same way. Sure, they'll rent Love Guru or Terminator Salvation (which I haven't actually seen but have heard that it isn't very good. :P )but not Moon. :evil:
    Pretty much!!!
    haffajappa wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Pretty much!!!

Doesn't help that we've only got three copies of it so it gets overwhelmed by some other titles. :think:
  • eMMI wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

people are so people :D

moon is a very good film

teminator 4 is ok too)
    eMMI wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Pretty much!!!

Doesn't help that we've only got three copies of it so it gets overwhelmed by some other titles. :think:
    we only have 1! its only been rented twice!!
    i've been trying to pump 500 days of summer and have gotten a few people to rent that but i'm afraid moon is a lost cause with the general public :cry:
    haffajappa wrote:
    eMMI wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Pretty much!!!

we only have 1! its only been rented twice!!
    i've been trying to pump 500 days of summer and have gotten a few people to rent that but i'm afraid moon is a lost cause with the general public :cry:

Boo. :( It'll be a few weeks still for 500 Days of Summer to get here, and I personally can't wait for it. :)

But I do fear it'll get trampled too. :think:
    eMMI wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

people are so people :D

moon is a very good film

teminator 4 is ok too)

That is so true. :lol:
  • great movie! mainly cause of rockwells performance... and spacey as a robot... i was hoping for something a little more climactic from the plot though... or a twist... dont wanna spoil it so i wont say any more
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    awesome. thanks for the thread. just youtubed a trailer and this movie looks great.

dunno how i missed this one.

i'll be renting it sometime this week!
  • great movie! mainly cause of rockwells performance... and spacey as a robot... i was hoping for something a little more climactic from the plot though... or a twist... dont wanna spoil it so i wont say any more

Yeah thats how i felt too.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    i watched moon this afternoon. i was quite impressed with it. this film was such a refreshing change from all the other effects-driven & alien-infested sci-fi films dominating the genre.
  • i just rented it. ive heard good things.
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Its a great movie - really enjoy it!

Is it just me or do organic sets look sooooooo much better than the CGI rubbish everyone is shoving into films these days??
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • strummers wrote:
    Its a great movie - really enjoy it!

Is it just me or do organic sets look sooooooo much better than the CGI rubbish everyone is shoving into films these days??
    i was REALLY impressed by how it looked considering what a relatively small movie it was

then again... im a "less is more" type with movies usually
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/