10c Poster Sales

browngwbrowngw Posts: 116
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Please forgive me if this topic has been brought up recently. I am a new member to the 10c and will be attending my first PJ concert at the old age of 31. I was wondering how the presale poster sale for the last concert worked? Was it easy to get tickets to the show you went to? I bought my tickets through 10c for Belfast and would love to have a poster from my first PJ show. Any information on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• browngw wrote:
    Please forgive me if this topic has been brought up recently. I am a new member to the 10c and will be attending my first PJ concert at the old age of 31. I was wondering how the presale poster sale for the last concert worked? Was it easy to get tickets to the show you went to? I bought my tickets through 10c for Belfast and would love to have a poster from my first PJ show. Any information on this topic would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have never had problems getting 10c tix, many have though. You will have NO problem getting a poster at the show. There will be a line but they wont sell out...
  • They only did presale posters for the gigs in the US in '09. They seem to be making alot more of the posters these days so I doubt you'll have any trouble getting it at the gig or from 10C afterwards.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • browngwbrowngw Posts: 116
    Thanks for the quick reply. It seems like everything I read on this board makes it sound like it is close to impossible to pick one up at the show. I don't mind waiting in line. Not crazy about carrying around the poster all through Ireland but I will make it work. Thanks again!
  • browngw wrote:
    Thanks for the quick reply. It seems like everything I read on this board makes it sound like it is close to impossible to pick one up at the show. I don't mind waiting in line. Not crazy about carrying around the poster all through Ireland but I will make it work. Thanks again!

Its close to impossible NOT to get one at the show.
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    I've never had a problem getting a poster at a show when I went. My only issue was taking care of it for the duration. The last few shows I've been to, they sold poster tubes to protect them.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    Oh yah... and as for your question about getting tickets to shows...

I can't speak for Europe or anything, but getting tickets through the 10c for the shows I've tried via the internet can be nerve-wracking. Especially with the limited way they're announcing shows these days. Everyone tries to swoop in for tickets to shows just in case no more are announced, and the website gets bogged down. A lot of website crashes and whatnot.

Having said all that, I've only failed to get tickets to one show through the 10c: The Oct 30 Philly show this year. At the time, that was the last show ever at the Spectrum (until they announced the 10/31 show a few weeks later) and everyone slammed for that show. I consider that special circumstances and not the norm.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • browngwbrowngw Posts: 116
    I must not have been very clear about the posters/tickets. I was able to get my Belfast tickets when they released more after the original presale. It is good to know that it isn't too hard to get tickets through the 10c. I don't know the best way to go about trying to get tickets for the Dublin show. I figured we might as well try and see both while we are in Ireland. We will see.

Glad to hear there isn't a problem getting a poster at the show. I really like having posters from the shows I have been to.