check this out

luke.luke. Posts: 190
edited January 2010 in The Porch
very cool,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jAhS5Vf ... re=related

interesting at about 2 min when a fan asks him a pretty straight up question ... gotta take my hat off to edde in this one for actually answering it ... the only thing is im not sure what the anwer is exactly ... thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cent208cent208 Posts: 435
    Wow, I did not know anyone was taping that. I was the person that asked him that question. It was at the Tower Theatre in Upper Darby, PA (just outside Philly). He did contradict himself when he answered my question. That why I had to ask fo clarrification. At first he said, the song was based on a fictional relationship. And then I think he saw the crowd was disappointed with answer and then changed his answer. He then said that he thought he would never have to explain it. And then he said it was real relationship. My personal interpretation of his answer was that the song was based on real life experiences when everything was bad but that as he first said it was a fictional relationship. It was kind of funny when I asked him that question b/c everyone saying things like "I love you ed", "you the best" and then I hit him with a serious question. I remember his he became very serious for a moment .
    "The pain is temporary the pride is forever."
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    One thing that I noticed he said "you gotta write what you know." I think that's really cool :)
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • maybe it is true but fictional aswell....bare with him here. it was a real person he was writing about, he liked/loved her but she didn't feel the same as him and didn't wanna take it further etc etc. maybe thats were the fictional part came in, all the things he held dear about this person were really just in his head and he never got the chance to make those thoughts a reality.

this is what i think about black anyway and it's summed up in the line "i know someday you'll have a beautiful life i know you'll be star but why can't it be in mine"

don't hate or judge me for my opinion, art is there to be viewed in many different degrees. this is mine.
    Caleb Benjamin Higgs-16th December 2006
    Max Lennon Higgs-22nd October 2010
    My two boys are the light of my life.

check my band/project out at www.soundclick.com/nineyardsleft
  • luke.luke. Posts: 190
    cent208 wrote:
    Wow, I did not know anyone was taping that. I was the person that asked him that question. It was at the Tower Theatre in Upper Darby, PA (just outside Philly). He did contradict himself when he answered my question. That why I had to ask fo clarrification. At first he said, the song was based on a fictional relationship. And then I think he saw the crowd was disappointed with answer and then changed his answer. He then said that he thought he would never have to explain it. And then he said it was real relationship. My personal interpretation of his answer was that the song was based on real life experiences when everything was bad but that as he first said it was a fictional relationship. It was kind of funny when I asked him that question b/c everyone saying things like "I love you ed", "you the best" and then I hit him with a serious question. I remember his he became very serious for a moment .

WOW!!! how cool is that .... i brouse youtube ... find an interesting clip then post it, then a guy sees it and responds with "that was me who asked" lol!!!!!!!!! awesome..
  • cent208cent208 Posts: 435
    I just spent the last 20 minutes writing down our coversation from the video.

Me: Ed, quick question. Was Black based on a real relationship or that kinda fictional?
    Ed: Yeah, no that's a good question, its fictional. (rolls his eyes a little)
    Me: It wasn't a real relationship, you had.
    (Ed tilts his head slightly) Me: No
    (ed kind of lifts his hand) Me: It was
    Ed: You got it right the first time from what you know. Sometimes you cover it up. See back then, we didn't, I didn't think anyone would ever that song. So I didn't think I would have to cover anything up.
    Me: So it's a fictional story.
    Ed: Oh, no, no, no.
    Me: So it's a real experience Ed.
    Ed: Oh Yeah. I think we've all had heartahce.

What do you think he meant by "you cover it up"?
    "The pain is temporary the pride is forever."
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    cent208 wrote:
    I just spent the last 20 minutes writing down our coversation from the video.

Me: Ed, quick question. Was Black based on a real relationship or that kinda fictional?
    Ed: Yeah, no that's a good question, its fictional. (rolls his eyes a little)
    Me: It wasn't a real relationship, you had.
    (Ed tilts his head slightly) Me: No
    (ed kind of lifts his hand) Me: It was
    Ed: You got it right the first time from what you know. Sometimes you cover it up. See back then, we didn't, I didn't think anyone would ever that song. So I didn't think I would have to cover anything up.
    Me: So it's a fictional story.
    Ed: Oh, no, no, no.
    Me: So it's a real experience Ed.
    Ed: Oh Yeah. I think we've all had heartahce.

What do you think he meant by "you cover it up"?

Well I think back when he wrote it, he had no idea how big they were going to become.

Could you imagine writing a song about your first love, that you never got over. But your new band in Seattle turns into a song, but hey, that's cool, what are the chances that millions of people are going to hear this? let alone the girl that left me for that derrick back in San Diego. Then bam, you make it, it hits the radio, you're playing sold out arenas. Then you're having to explain who and what your song is about, and maybe you don't want people to know, you don't want it to get back to them, the real meaning so you cover it up? Just a thought.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014