Weekend has arrived!!!!!

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,478
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
My couch and I will become ONE!!!!

Im not doing a damned thing....hehehe

Though I may get out a cookbook or 2 and see if I can find new recipe....I guess every once in a while it is ok to get in touch with my feminine side...

hehehehehe
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    mmmm weekend couch is so much better than mid-week couch
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • I have a cold so I'm staying home on this rainy weekend.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    we're about to head to Austin to go car shopping...if there's time, record shopping as well!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    we're about to head to Austin to go car shopping...if there's time, record shopping as well!! 8-)
    Car shopping???

COOL!!

What do you have in mind???
  • seating in a chair is good,but be in a couch is better!!!!!!
    no on die by lie all day!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

Though I may get out a cookbook or 2 and see if I can find new recipe....I guess every once in a while it is ok to get in touch with my feminine side...

hehehehehe

some of the world's best chefs are men.

me and my Snuggie, yeah i said it,
    are going to get to know each other very well this weekend.

i love weekends when you don't have to leave the house.
    Nice shirt.
  • EvoLukinEvoLukin Posts: 188
    Going to see Willie Nelson and Family tonight! My wifes birthday today. My mother in law is keeping the kids all night. I'll be on the couch tomorrow nursing that hangover. :D
    "Smelly Velvet"-EV on Stone's velvet shorts(ATL 94)

Atlanta,GA 1994 1&2
    N.Charleston, SC 1996
    Greenville, SC 1998
    Atlanta, GA 2000
    Columbia, SC 2008
    EV(2009) - Atlanta 1
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    Date with wife tonight (dinner and a show)
    Chores tomorrow morning
    Football tomorrow afternoon
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    weekend started thursday afternoon and ends on tuesday for me :P
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Probably not doing anything this weekend either. There's a Led Zeppelin tribute concert that I'm considering going to tonight, though.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I just took everything out of the front closet on my apartment by the door and am going to clean it and organize it, it was too cluttered
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873

hehehehehe
    Your first sentence reminded me of Office Space -

"Nothing. I did absolutely nothing. And it was everything I dreamed it could be " :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539

hehehehehe

I flip through cook books all the time. Especially soup and chili books during the winter.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    I took Friday off and went to NJ for the night for a show. I'm running on 3hrs of sleep. Got home around 6pm tonight after stopping at The Home Desperate for a new can of white paint (spilled 2/3 full can I had....AWESOME!) and one more piece of baseboard. I am going to be a sloth tonight, finish my bathroom tomorrow morning then continue the sloth-fest by watching football. awwwww yeah.... :D
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Car shopping???

COOL!!

We picked up a 2006 Kia Sportage! We got a great deal & we're really happy that we bought it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Car shopping???

COOL!!

We picked up a 2006 Kia Sportage! We got a great deal & we're really happy that we bought it!
    I have a good Kia story....

I was going to buy a Kia...
    Took it for a test drive...
    Liked the car......
    Got approved for the loan.....
    Was going to come in the next day and sign all the papers(wanted to go home first and talk to insurance agent)...

I told Mr. Salesman my intentions...."Get all the paperwork ready and I will be back tomorrow"

Mr. Salesman wouldnt let me leave...Just couldnt let me leave....He tried everything and anything he could to get me to sign those papers while I was there...I was really polite, just kept telling him to wash the car, throw a coat of wax on it, and get me a regular sized spare tire, and I will pick it up tomorrow and sign all the paperwork....

He was just relentless..pushy ..wouldnt let me walk out the door....got his boss involved.....Finally I had enough(Kathy saw it coming) and I basically said to him...

"Ya know something asshole, now you can take your car and shove it right up your fucking ass"

The look on his face, and Kathys face was priceless.....hehehehehehehe

Never bought the Kia....
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    edited January 2010
    I can't stand that won't-let-you-leave "sales technique" either!! :twisted:
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I was going to buy a Kia...
    Took it for a test drive...
    Liked the car......
    Got approved for the loan.....
    Was going to come in the next day and sign all the papers(wanted to go home first and talk to insurance agent)...

I told Mr. Salesman my intentions...."Get all the paperwork ready and I will be back tomorrow"

Mr. Salesman wouldnt let me leave...Just couldnt let me leave....He tried everything and anything he could to get me to sign those papers while I was there...I was really polite, just kept telling him to wash the car, throw a coat of wax on it, and get me a regular sized spare tire, and I will pick it up tomorrow and sign all the paperwork....

He was just relentless..pushy ..wouldnt let me walk out the door....got his boss involved.....Finally I had enough(Kathy saw it coming) and I basically said to him...

"Ya know something asshole, now you can take your car and shove it right up your fucking ass"

The look on his face, and Kathys face was priceless.....hehehehehehehe

Never bought the Kia....

that, my friend...is awesome. :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    That story rules. I can't stand car/furniture sales people. I went to look for furniture last night and those people are like Fucking vultures.
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    i once had to threaten to call the police in order
    to get an Electrolux vacuum salesman out of my house.

and the guy still antagonized me for another 15 minutes.

pushy salespeople are a whole different breed.
    Nice shirt.
  • That story rules. I can't stand car/furniture sales people. I went to look for furniture last night and those people are like Fucking vultures.
    When you buy your FIRST car, from a dealer, you are young, and you just hope and pray that you qualify for the loan...

When you are 40 years old, and go to purchase a car from a dealer, the salesperson should know to just shut the fuck up and treat the customer like a fucking King/Queen.....
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    It's a shame that the only way to deal with those kind is to be incredibly aggressive and rude. I don't like lowering myself to that, but sometimes it's necessary.
    Great story btw :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Last year, I go and buy a new couch, chair, coffee table, end table....The salesman gives me a speech on why I should spend $100 for a lifetime warranty....I politely say "No Thank You"...

He goes through the speech a second time...a third time...a fourth time......Each time I politely say "NO THANK YOU"...............

As he is processing the paperwork, he starts up a fifth time.....I then say to him...

"If you bring up this warranty ONE MORE TIME, I am not buying a damned thing from you"

He shut the fuck up, handed me my paperwork, I went to the front desk, and bought the furniture.....