Boston 94 was one of their best shows ever.

PJamGrungeFanPJamGrungeFan Posts: 289
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Just got done watching all the vids available on Youtube...

Jesus Christ... Eddie sounds like a man POSSESSED! Dave is on fucking fire, and the energy level is just incredible.

absolutely tremendous show.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Those are classic: 4/10 - 4/11 - 4/12
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • One of those shows Vedder found Larry Bird's sneakers and came through the stage or busted through the stage while wearing them. I don't know if they literally tore up the stage because they were tearing down the Garden but I remember that from the VHS tape thats out there.

I was a college kid with some of my college buddies back then and I vividly remember trying to buy tickets at the arena, which I think were going for $50 from scalpers back then (I know, funny now) and of course being in college, I had 2 cents to my name.

A funny story in the Kim Neely book was that the Bruins came to practice one day and saw the guys shooting around on the parquet floor. Apparently it was in their contract that they could shoot hoops, unbeknownst to the Bruins. The Bruins took it in stride and Eddie, according to Kim, snuck into the locker room and stole a stick and got the heck out of there. Funny stuff.
  • and Mike at 11th in solo on breath at his best ever!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • of course it was one of the best...it was BOSTON BABY!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • of course it was one of the best...it was BOSTON BABY!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    hail hail for the Bostonians!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Maybe they Should do an 'Official' Bootleg for this! :)
  • STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    Absolutely :!:

I have the 4/11/94 bootleg from the Garden, it's in my car CD player right now. I would love to get the 4/12/94 - Orpheum Theater show, the crew made the set list which is just insane.
    04/12/94 - Orpheum Theater: Boston, MA
    set: Oceans, Even Flow, Sonic Reducer, State of Love and Trust, Hard to Imagine, Immortality/(Hey Hey, My My), Go, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suck You Dry), Alone, Not for You, Better Man, Rats, Blood
    enc: Release, Tremor Christ, Once, Fuckin' Up, Dirty Frank, Yellow Ledbetter, instrumental jam, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, I've Got a Feeling/jam

Awesome early version of Immortality from this show.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • Just checked it out...you're not kidding! Great Rockin in the Free World from that show, and awesome Immortality!
    The oceans made me, but who came up with love?

"You put some udder cream on that shit?" ~EV 5/17/10
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    edited January 2010
    and Mike at 11th in solo on breath at his best ever!!

with the Back Sabbath "War pigs" tag...

4/11/94 was my first PJ concert...

so many highlights...
    "Release" opens show performed in complete darkness..
    Killer performances of "Why Go" & "Blood"
    Last time "Breath" is played by the band in concert for a 4 year hiatus.
    PREMEIRE of "Immortality"
    PREMIERE of early improv "Hold On"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOHqOGCwrLs

Ed smashes a hole in the stage with his mike-stand during RITFW and exits the stage crawling thru it..
    finally ends with a spine-tingling version of "Indifference"
    Clear as a bell "I will SCREAM MY LUNGS OUT TIL IT FILLS THIS ROOOOOM"
    Ed would comment the next night that their soundcrew "even made the Garden sound good"!
    Post edited by locked on
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • ive probably played that Immortality a million times.
  • not for nothing, but if the tour starts in March, could we really get another Boston show this April! Hollllllly Cowwww!

http://dc-darrinsblog.blogspot.com/2010 ... l-jam.html
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    STT757 wrote:
    Absolutely :!:

I have the 4/11/94 bootleg from the Garden, it's in my car CD player right now. I would love to get the 4/12/94 - Orpheum Theater show, the crew made the set list which is just insane.
    04/12/94 - Orpheum Theater: Boston, MA
    set: Oceans, Even Flow, Sonic Reducer, State of Love and Trust, Hard to Imagine, Immortality/(Hey Hey, My My), Go, Animal, Glorified G, Daughter/(Suck You Dry), Alone, Not for You, Better Man, Rats, Blood
    enc: Release, Tremor Christ, Once, Fuckin' Up, Dirty Frank, Yellow Ledbetter, instrumental jam, Rearviewmirror, Elderly Woman, I've Got a Feeling/jam

Awesome early version of Immortality from this show.

Now that is one SHOW I wouldn't 'Mind' Having!...lol ;)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,707
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    3 nights that turned me from fan to fanatic.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Poncier,

pulling off that "three-for" puts you in "pj hall of fandom" in my opinion..!

If only we had one soundboard in the bunch..

maybe a vault release in the future?

fingers crossed..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • 4/11/94. My 1st PJ concert and the best show I have ever seen. Hands down. The mood that night was surreal. Just a few days after Cobain's passing. Ed and the entire band looked possessed. Made me a life long fanatic. I've never seen another show like it.
    04-11-94. The Boston Gahden.  Boston, MA
    10-02-96. The Meadows.  Hartford, CT
    08-29-00. Tweeter Center.  Mansfield, MA
    07-02-03. Tweeter Center.  Mansfield, MA
    03-27-11. Tres Mts (with Jeff and Mike).  Paradise Rock Club.  Boston, MA  
    06-16-11. EV solo tour.  The Wang Theater.  Boston, MA
    09-03-11. Alpine Valley. PJ20.  East Troy, WI
    09-04-11. Alpine Valley. PJ20.  East Troy, WI
    09-04-18. Fenway Park.  Boston, MA
    09-17-24. Fenway Park.  Boston, MA
    locked wrote:

If only we had one soundboard in the bunch..

maybe a vault release in the future?

fingers crossed..!
    Something big, bold and free! ;) :shock: :(
    locked wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Poncier,

pulling off that "three-for" puts you in "pj hall of fandom" in my opinion..!
    Combined with running into Jeff at the back alley of the Orpheum before the show (my buddy and I were walking up Bromfield Street after a delicious Wendy's pre-show meal and saw a small crowd of a dozen or so folks there, and Jeff was there greeting folks, signing stuff) and meeting Mike the following day in Cambridge (was on my way to look at some work near Harvard Sq, saw the bus outside the Charles hotel, stopped for a minute, was talking to a young lady who had also spotted the bus when Mike strolls out of the hotel, and instead of heading on the bus, heads into Harvard Sq, stopped and talked to the 2 of us for a few, then proceeded to go on a coffee/snapple run...the crew are loading the bus and one of the world's greatest guitarists is out buying them refreshments) and it was quite a 4 day stretch.
    [/quote]
    Combined with running into Jeff at the back alley of the Orpheum before the show (my buddy and I were walking up Bromfield Street after a delicious Wendy's pre-show meal and saw a small crowd of a dozen or so folks there, and Jeff was there greeting folks, signing stuff) and meeting Mike the following day in Cambridge (was on my way to look at some work near Harvard Sq, saw the bus outside the Charles hotel, stopped for a minute, was talking to a young lady who had also spotted the bus when Mike strolls out of the hotel, and instead of heading on the bus, heads into Harvard Sq, stopped and talked to the 2 of us for a few, then proceeded to go on a coffee/snapple run...the crew are loading the bus and one of the world's greatest guitarists is out buying them refreshments) and it was quite a 4 day stretch.[/quote][/quote]

I hate you... you realize this?

J/K

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    4/11/94. My 1st PJ concert and the best show I have ever seen. Hands down. The mood that night was surreal. Just a few days after Cobain's passing. Ed and the entire band looked possessed. Made me a life long fanatic. I've never seen another show like it.

4/11/94: Ed decides he is f***ing outta here:!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6vLXGT8 ... re=related
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    That clip brings back fond memories.I have a VHS of the show I bought way back when, and its the same video as that youtube clip. Ed's wearing his new Celtics sneakers that he and Jeff got before the show. I remember after the show there was a blurb in the paper (Herald Inside Track I think) that The Garden sent the band a bill for the plywood Ed destroyed, how un-rockandroll.