The Wall

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited April 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
only one of the greatest movies ever. i'd assume everyone here has seen it, but it can never hurt to watch it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxNM7j_ppHI
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    best Wall story?

A buddy and mine went to the New Yorker in downtown London, Ontario that played non-mainstream movies just before it closed and it was 80 years old, we got really stoned and saw it
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Loved the concert movie replayed / redramatised at Berlin.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    smarchee wrote:
    best Wall story?

A buddy and mine went to the New Yorker in downtown London, Ontario that played non-mainstream movies just before it closed and it was 80 years old, we got really stoned and saw it

that woudl be cool. i dig old theaters
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • amazing!!!!!one of the best!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    First time I saw this was also the first time I tried LSD. 'Twas an interesting night, but not one I'm looking to repeat anytime soon! I've seen the movie a few times since, but it never resonated with me like it did that night.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
    gleemonex wrote:
    First time I saw this was also the first time I tried LSD. 'Twas an interesting night, but not one I'm looking to repeat anytime soon! I've seen the movie a few times since, but it never resonated with me like it did that night.

whoa, that's messed up, first time and you were trippin, yikes
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    fuck yeah

i know somebody on here mentioned Waters would be doing a tour this summer

just got the email today from live nation/itunes

tickets go on sale early May. i'm there
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    We've got a 'cosy' tour comming up with a ' Tribute ' to The Wall. They are asking for requests from the public on what we want to see!

I think if they are going to do a tribute, don't friggen mess with it!
    Jo wrote:
    We've got a 'cosy' tour comming up with a ' Tribute ' to The Wall. They are asking for requests from the public on what we want to see!

I think if they are going to do a tribute, don't friggen mess with it!

huh?

we are get a Waters performing the wall tour in the states and canada. looks pretty big time with all the shows in areanas (United Center, Air Cananda, etc etc) A couple of city's are getting multiple shows.

i'm so there at least once, if not twice.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    One of my favorite movies. Also the live recording 'Is There Anybody Out There?' is great.

The tour is not coming very close to me but I will try to get to one of the shows.
    #FHP
    TM has some info up for a couple of the shows.

NJ ticket prices are $55-$250

looks like i'll be in the nose bleeds. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,311
    smarchee wrote:
    best Wall story?

I disagree - here's the best wall story:

My friend and I, 17 years old, "borrow" my stepmoms car and head to NY from Detroit. Get to Madison Square Garden (that's where the shows must be right?) only to find out it's in Long Island! Finally after numerous fuck ups we stumble onto Long Island. Get hotel room and then start looking for tickets. Walk to the Coliseum and it's insane, people from every state looking for tix. 350-500 a piece these things are going for and we have 150 bucks to buy two! After hours of failure start to walk back to hotel when a car stuck in traffic waiting to get into parking area rolls down window and says he has two tix available. Three guys in front of me think about it but they want three tix so I put the 150 in front of his face. He quickly agrees thinking he got a deal and I know he could've gotten a hell of a lot more. Unbelievable show - still the best I've ever seen :) and can't wait to see it many times this fall!

As for the Movie - saw it opening night in town and have only watched it 100 times or so since :) I think it's a classic.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    81 wrote:
    TM has some info up for a couple of the shows.

NJ ticket prices are $55-$250

looks like i'll be in the nose bleeds. :lol:

Those might be the best seats as you'll see all the video on the Wall. It reallly is a visual show so don't sweat it cause you are further back.....
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    pearljim wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    best Wall story?

My friend and I, 17 years old, "borrow" my stepmoms car and head to NY from Detroit. Get to Madison Square Garden (that's where the shows must be right?) only to find out it's in Long Island! Finally after numerous fuck ups we stumble onto Long Island. Get hotel room and then start looking for tickets. Walk to the Coliseum and it's insane, people from every state looking for tix. 350-500 a piece these things are going for and we have 150 bucks to buy two! After hours of failure start to walk back to hotel when a car stuck in traffic waiting to get into parking area rolls down window and says he has two tix available. Three guys in front of me think about it but they want three tix so I put the 150 in front of his face. He quickly agrees thinking he got a deal and I know he could've gotten a hell of a lot more. Unbelievable show - still the best I've ever seen :) and can't wait to see it many times this fall!

As for the Movie - saw it opening night in town and have only watched it 100 times or so since :) I think it's a classic.

awesome story Jim

acutally I was asking for Wall stories, not claiming mine was the best lol
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    Are the shows going to be like the original, with the wall being built and then breaking down?
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
    smarchee wrote:
    pearljim wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    best Wall story?

awesome story Jim

acutally I was asking for Wall stories, not claiming mine was the best lol

I'm just messing with ya Smarchee :)

Roberto Clemente.
    pink1969 wrote:
    Are the shows going to be like the original, with the wall being built and then breaking down?

according to the sound bites that are out there, the answer is yes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I really want to go to the Toronto show
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    smarchee wrote:
    best Wall story?
    Not a great story, but I remember it like it was yesterday...
    I was 16, and in the same state gleemonex was in, when I saw it the first time.
    It was new years 91...I got dumped by my gf that afternoon but ended up at the same party as her that evening, which, consiering my state of mind, made it a messed enough night to begin with. The party got out of hand and the house got wrecked (trip!)....the cops came, and we got stuck walking home in -30 weather (about 10km)...
    We tried hitching and got picked up by what appeared to be a homeless man in a stolen luxury car...he started rubbing my friend's leg, and making creepy comments so we got out and ran at a stop sign...
    We nearly frickin died (literally)...I had frostbite on my ears and toes (yes, while trippin)...We finally got to my friend's parent's pad...after warming up, for some reason, we put all of our goods (smokes, booze, drugs) in a pile in the middle of the living room to share, and put the Wall on. We watched it for about 6-7 hours straight, analyzing and discussing every scene until we 'got it'.
    It was a profound experience...life changing, I dare say.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    saw it when it first came out on the IMAXed sized BIG screen

we were depressed for hours later

it just ain't that happy...

and, i like happy