Constellations with Eddie.

G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
edited January 2010 in The Porch
So... after I got my record player yesterday I went out and bought about 10 new records. One of them was Jack Johnson's "En Concert". I haven't listened to much JJ in a long time but I'm super stoked I bought this record cuz its really mellow and lovely. However... Constellations with Ed makes the record worth getting alone. Its a real nice recording and they sound great together. I recommend this live album to you all. Wish I was like you lucky buggers who went to Bonnaroo 08.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• this album is incredible from start to finish. And I agree, constellations is worth picking it up alone. p.s. i was there! :D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    Love Constellations, but Country Road with Paula Fuga rocks my socks.
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    damn good album- got me back into JJ recently
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I was one of those buggers at Bonnaroo...that was the only time during jack's show us pearl jam folks who were lined up for the pit actually stopped arguing with the line breakers!

It is a great version though...I picked up the En Concert dvd under the false impression that that cd and dvd has the same tracklist.....I was pissed but still an interesting dvd
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • My buddy got me this for christmas and i think it is a great album, and ed is on it so that makes it even better
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Great album. I saw Jack in August 08 and for as mellow as his music is, he puts on a hell of a show. Would see him again in a heartbeat.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    I was there, it was awesome. Not to mention the sky was pink and they were blowing those giant smoke rings. Tons of hippies dancing, very nice feeling...
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Another one of the records I got yesterday was Creedence Clearwater Revival Chronical. I've always been a big fan... but GOD DAMN... I love this band. Its too bad all the shit that went down with this band. They were really one of my favorite classic bands. This is so sweet to have on vinyl... and it was only 2 BUCKS!
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    jecica wrote:
    I was there, it was awesome. Not to mention the sky was pink and they were blowing those giant smoke rings. Tons of hippies dancing, very nice feeling...
    i didn't know that you were roo
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    BONNAROOOOOOOOOOO
  • TipJammer wrote:
    So... after I got my record player yesterday I went out and bought about 10 new records. One of them was Jack Johnson's "En Concert". I haven't listened to much JJ in a long time but I'm super stoked I bought this record cuz its really mellow and lovely. However... Constellations with Ed makes the record worth getting alone. Its a real nice recording and they sound great together. I recommend this live album to you all. Wish I was like you lucky buggers who went to Bonnaroo 08.

Is a really good album!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • jecicajecica Posts: 954
    LukinFan wrote:
    jecica wrote:
    i didn't know that you were roo

Yes, I was one of the girls walking around with my breasts painted :D .
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    well that narrows it down
  • Constellations it's definitely the highlight of the album...and that's is not because of any eddie bias going on...i love jack johnson, especially his latest [recorded] album...that song is just so beautiful...

also another highlight on the album is Bubbly Toes...i never liked the song recorded, but listening to that live version, it fuckin got me feeling great

oh and not to mention All At Once gives me chills...so fucking great