PJ surfboard

Major DelMajor Del Posts: 20
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Has anyone else decorated thier surfboard with any PJ logos. I decided to create a stickman stensil for my board, as well as Jimmy Page's logo and one of the PJ tour stickers. I'm quite happy with how it came out, took a little while to do but so far its lasted 2 surf seasons and hasn't worn at all.

surfboardlogos1.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• awesome!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    I have that Jimmy page logo on my right arm, that hasnt worn off yet either :lol:
  • Partisan wrote:
    I have that Jimmy page logo on my right arm, that hasnt worn off yet either :lol:

That's funny, i've got the stickman on mine :D

Very nice board man, any plans for some more art on it?
  • Not to sure at the moment. I still like the board to be quite simple, so that's probably the max that I will do. I don't really want to over do it.
    Unless someone can suggest some other simple PJ related designs for it. I was even thinking of adding a small RHCP astrix maybe near the tail of the board.

Or I just wait until I get my second board. It wasn't easy cutting the stickman stencil out of plastic perspex, took a while, but relatively simple to apply, just a few coats of acrylic matte black spray paint and a couple of coats of acrylic clear coat.
  • Yeah It's probs best not to over do it and the difficulty of getting stuff on there is a good point. Having said that I reckon something to the right of the jimmy paige "zoso" would balance it up. I'm not that into RHCP but I reckon the asterix would look pretty sweet, wouldn't be that elaborate a design to cut out either. I'm impressed with what you've done to it man, looks amazing.
  • Major Del wrote:
    Has anyone else decorated thier surfboard with any PJ logos. I decided to create a stickman stensil for my board, as well as Jimmy Page's logo and one of the PJ tour stickers. I'm quite happy with how it came out, took a little while to do but so far its lasted 2 surf seasons and hasn't worn at all.

surfboardlogos1.jpg

Hey Man,

Very cool. Can you share how you did it? What kind of paint, etc? I would love to put one on my board!

Thanks!
  • DSCF8269.jpg

To start of with either sketch or photocopy your design full size onto a bit of plain card or paper and put clear plastic perspex over the top. Tape it down and with a sharp scalpel or artists knife cut out the design. I first went over the outline and everything I wanted to cut out lightly, than removed the paper and went over it a second time with more force. Once you have created the stencil tape it down onto your board and cover up the surrounding area with newspaper. I would even recommend gluing down the stencil as when you spray over the paint can sometimes bleed. The paint I used was an automotive Acrylic matte black spray paint, and I did about 3 coats, letting the paint dry in between coats. Once it had fully dried I removed the stencil and just cleaned up and bleeding that may have occurred, as well as touch up some fine details with a paint brush.
    To finish off and make sure it doesn't wear away in the surf I applied an automotive acrylic clear top coat over it. About 3 even coats and that was it. So far it hasn't worn at all, I suppose further down the track I may need to reapply the clear top coat if I see any wear, but its hold up well.

If you have any further questions, please ask away.