Pearl Jam playing halftime of the Knicks game Tomorrow?

thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
edited January 2010 in The Porch
I saw this on a blog

http://www.theknicksblog.com/

The Garden will be on full display Friday night as the Knicks welcome in the polarizing Kobe Bryant and the World Champion LA Lakers.

And at halftime, the crowd will be entertained, musically, by one of the greatest bands of my generation: Pearl Jam.

Now, I have to be honest and say I really like what MSG has done in terms of ditching original programming to focus more on Jim Dolan’s other passion, music.

They did a great job over the holidays playing a Frank Sinatra show at MSG then followed it with Jay-Z’s recent and most memorable effort immediately after.

And don’t get me wrong, this live stuff can be hit or miss, especially on short takes in the middle of the court. But I have a feeling, based on the fact that I’ve seen this guys some 15 times, that Pearl Jam will put down another incredible performance.

And you know Kobe will too, let’s see if these Knicks are ready to compete.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    looks to be true:

http://www.msg.com/fnk/
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    maybe announcing the May shows??

Knicks fans - do artists actually show up or is this like a video thing?

when I was there for the celtics it was a DJ at halftime??
  • Wait, what?! They are playing at halftime of the Knicks game? No way this is true.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    Two big people are going to be in the same place tomorrow... Eddie Vedder and Kobe Bryant... awesome 8-)
    México 24/11/2011
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    True dat. Half court game against the Nets.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • there will be pj songs before commercial breaks and shit.

pj isnt playing at halftime.

and to the original poster:
    its really hard for me right now to not rip into you. use your head.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • dbodnerdbodner Posts: 60
    edited January 2010
    sold out. crazy prices at:
    https://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/h ... LCL_NY_NTF

cheapest I can find is $175. I'm a 76ers fan, but i would have made the trek up there if I could get $30-$40 nosebleeds.
    Post edited by dbodner on
  • fly across the country to play at halftime of a meaningless january NBA game - really?
  • thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    there will be pj

how the hell am I supposed to know. It says the fans will be entertained by Pearl Jam at halftime. What should I take from that? Sorry nobody watches Knicks basketball to know what they do
    there will be pj songs before commercial breaks and shit.

pj isnt playing at halftime.

and to the original poster:

well thanks for holding back francis

as i said... when i was there ... THERE WAS live entertainment at Halftime

so... you never know

it doesn't seem possible... but maybe Target is sponsoring it?
    dbodner wrote:

cheapest I can find is $175. I'm a 76ers fan, but i would have made the trek up there if I could get $30-$40 nosebleeds.
    Dude, NYC. C'mon even though the Knicks are mediocre, basketball is still huge. $175 is cheap here in the Big Apple.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    dbodner wrote:

there are some on a scalper site for $97

i was thinking you could go there... and just wait until the game has started... scalpers will be desparate

or out of tickets

but ... according to francis... it's just commercials and music
    dbodner wrote:

Dude, NYC. C'mon even though the Knicks are mediocre, basketball is still huge. $175 is cheap here in the Big Apple.

and it's Kobe

who is probably going to try to beat LeBron's performance last year
  • -decodified--decodified- Posts: 2,688
    ah? :shock:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    No pj isn't playing msg. Msg network has been playing clips of songs by artist every friday throughout games this season. I'm actually one of the very few people that watch knicks game.

Btw- yieldtonothing you shoulda ripped into the op big time.

SEE THIS is how lame ass rumors get started
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    edited January 2010
    metsfan wrote:
    I'm actually one of the very few people that watch knicks game. Btw- hollis you shoulda ripped into the op big time.

I feel bad for you metsfan. Watching the Knicks games must be painful.

Yeah Hollis and yieldtonothing, what the F guys? I expected at least 3 or 4 lines of biting, witty criticism on this topic.

Also, if this were really true, it would have been announced on here weeks ago.
    Post edited by FenwayFaithful on
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • metsfan wrote:
    No pj isn't playing msg. Msg network has been playing clips of songs by artist every friday throughout games this season. I'm actually one of the very few people that watch knicks game.

but but but how can pj play msg tomorrow if they are gonna be sitting in with neil at the tonight show????? omgzzzzz lolllzzzz wtf bbq

and watching the knicks is no longer painful, its actually kinda enjoyable these days
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Mr Rocko wrote:
    Two big people are going to be in the same place tomorrow... Eddie Vedder and Kobe Bryant... awesome 8-)

Eddie big, Kobe not, and has nothing to do with his criminal past. He's just such a show off. He's a great basketball player but that's it, not even in the same league as Eddie.
    metsfan wrote:

wow... you guys have big internet muscles huh?

so not only do we have one guy threatening to rip into someone

but we've got his midget friend standing behind him trying to encourage him to do it

why so angry? the OP posted something based on a blog (sort of a mistake) but then they found a real website with some info

and if you notice... the title of the thread ends with a question mark... so it was a question looking for you experts to fill us in

no need for ripping anyone ... thanks for the info

full_force-1-1.jpg
    metsfan wrote:
    I'm actually one of the very few people that watch knicks game. Btw- hollis you shoulda ripped into the op big time.

I feel bad for you metsfan. Watching the Knicks games must be painful.

Yeah Hollis, what the F kid? I expected at least 3 or 4 lines of biting, witty criticism on this topic.

Also, if this were really true, it would have been announced on here weeks ago.
    They wanted to wait til it was over so there wouldn't be all the bitching about how people never saw the buy button. Now ther'll be no need to rush for tickets. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • LDBLDB Posts: 41
    If you click on the link and read the post it says that PJ is not playing but is a featured artist and the writer made a mistake.

Sorry for us all.
    marcos wrote:
    Mr Rocko wrote:

Eddie big, Kobe not, and has nothing to do with his criminal past. He's just such a show off. He's a great basketball player but that's it, not even in the same league as Eddie.

ummm... this may be your opinion but if you asked the 3 trillion people on this planet to identify Kobe or Ed via a picture

i think we know what would happen
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    http://www.msg.com/fnk/artists-archive.html

Friday Night Knicks: Featured Artists

Tune in to Friday Night Knicks on MSG to hear music from your favorite artists.

Next Featured Artist: Jan. 22 – Pearl Jam
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    CJMST3K wrote:

I've always had a hard time taking people serious, who had such a serious look on their face. ;)
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org

but but but how can pj play msg tomorrow if they are gonna be sitting in with neil at the tonight show????? omgzzzzz lolllzzzz wtf bbq

and watching the knicks is no longer painful, its actually kinda enjoyable these days
    hahahaha

it's amazing what happens when you bench the great nate robinson

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,851
    CJMST3K wrote:

cool so the performance will be telecast on MSG network with Trautwig doing color
    sweet :mrgreen:
    metsfan wrote:

hahahaha

Yeah, really couldn't understand that move. I mean who was D'Atoni trying to teach a lesson to?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    edited January 2010
    NO FUCKIN WAY CAN THIS BE TRUE.....you would think 10c would have announced it.....but its all over MSG/knicks web sites ......

WHAT IS GOING ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Post edited by joe2468 on
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
    metsfan wrote:

hahahaha

Yeah, really couldn't understand that move. I mean who was D'Atoni trying to teach a lesson to?
    i did and welcomed that move. nate's antics and poor play drove him to the bench. i think nate was hanging out with starbury alot. maybe nate can join starbury in china and sell shoes. knicks are 2 spots outta the playoffs. you can't really complain with D'Atoni moves.

joe2468 wrote:
    NO FUCKIN WAY CAN THIS BE TRUE.....you would think 10c would have announced it.....but its all over MSG/knicks web sites ......

WHAT IS GOING ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    meet up at stouts around 5pm :lol::lol: