Neil Young on last Conan show tomorrow.

Why_GoWhy_Go Posts: 87
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Maybe Eddie will join him.
my eyes peeled both wide open, and i got a glimpse
of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i hope he does his new Pants on the Ground song
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Jimmy Fallon sucks :P
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875

true

but the Colonel doesn't ;)
  • is Neil closing down Coco with RITFW??
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Good choice.

Oh, and I'll say it once more...

Fuck Leno, Fuck NBC!
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    And don't forget the affiliates who started this shit.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • It's not Leno's fault. It's not the affiliates fault. Whoever decided in 2003 that Leno should leave in 5 years.....THAT'S THE PERSON TO BLAME. Don't fix something if it ain't broken as the saying goes.

But let's be real....Conan's Tonight Show sucks and Leno's 10pm show is so bad that I can't even come up with a negative word to describe it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Doubtful that EV would join him.
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    That is really awesome that Neil is going to be the last to perform and PJ was first. I never realized Conan had such good taste. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he does do RITFW with Ed showing up.

This rules! I'm stoked again!

I'll miss Conan...bet he's back in Oct on Fox.
  • pantspants Posts: 60
    It's better to burn out than it is to rust.

Doubt he'll play that though.
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    It's not Leno's fault. It's not the affiliates fault. Whoever decided in 2003 that Leno should leave in 5 years.....THAT'S THE PERSON TO BLAME. Don't fix something if it ain't broken as the saying goes.

But let's be real....Conan's Tonight Show sucks and Leno's 10pm show is so bad that I can't even come up with a negative word to describe it.
    not leno's fault? he was told he could step down after the leno show tanked but since he's a douche he decided to try to screw with everybody else and stay. regardless, nbc blows.

conans show sucks? u must either be really old or don't understand his humor
  • smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    It's not Leno's fault. It's not the affiliates fault. Whoever decided in 2003 that Leno should leave in 5 years.....THAT'S THE PERSON TO BLAME. Don't fix something if it ain't broken as the saying goes.

Uh... No. This post is an epic fail.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    TipJammer wrote:
    That is really awesome that Neil is going to be the last to perform and PJ was first. I never realized Conan had such good taste. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he does do RITFW with Ed showing up.

This rules! I'm stoked again!

I'll miss Conan...bet he's back in Oct on Fox.

He sure does. He had the White Stripes close out his final show for Late Night. And the first episode of the Tonight Show, when introducing Pearl Jam, he said, "I'm proud to introduce one of the greatest rock bands in the world, Pearl Jam!"

http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.c ... 9/1116201/
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    It's better to burn out than to fade away....I hope Neil plays that song.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Doubtful that EV would join him.

Same here. Just because a famous artist like Eddie Vedder respects Neil Young, doesn't mean he performs with him on every performance. It's the same with these wackos who think Eddie will pop onstage for the Who's halftime performance, just because he sings Baba O'Reilly and The Kids are All Right during PJ shows.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • It's not Leno's fault. It's not the affiliates fault. Whoever decided in 2003 that Leno should leave in 5 years.....THAT'S THE PERSON TO BLAME. Don't fix something if it ain't broken as the saying goes.

I could not agree more. Leno is doing all Conan fans a favor. Conan's show did suck due to constraints, and he will be much funnier and subversive on Fox.

I can't wait for the old Conan. (Old Conan=late 90'a where his show was untouchable)
  • He should play Fuckin' Up (for NBC)
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,533
    Arocker28 wrote:
    He should play Fuckin' Up (for NBC)

Hell yeah! Tonight's the night. Last night's show was awesome. Especially love Robin William's Irish tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSCfoIAVqh4
  • i hope he does his new Pants on the Ground song

Fallon does suck, but i have to admit i love his Neil Young impression...i like the Fresh Prince song better though

Fallon does suck, but i have to admit i love his Neil Young impression...i like the Fresh Prince song better though

Fallone DOESN'T suck. Watch the show. Dude really is funny. I used to be a hater... but he is clever and really likeable. Try it. AND his Neil Young impression is SPOT ON.
  • demetrios wrote:
    Arocker28 wrote:
    He should play Fuckin' Up (for NBC)

Hell yeah! Tonight's the night. Last night's show was awesome. Especially love Robin William's Irish tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSCfoIAVqh4

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    love Robin Williams!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    TipJammer wrote:

Fallone DOESN'T suck. Watch the show. Dude really is funny. I used to be a hater... but he is clever and really likeable. Try it. AND his Neil Young impression is SPOT ON.

I agree. The first few months were atrocious, but he has been the best late night talk show since he got his feet, and I'm a member of Team Coco.
    TipJammer wrote:

jimmy fallon DOES suck. his monologue is almost unbearable to watch...he has no idea how to deliver the punch line of a joke. not to mention, the jokes aren't even close to being funny. also his "skits" are terrible...half of them don't even involve comedy and have people licking things and having the roots make up non-funny songs. the only reason to watch his show is to watch tuba gooding jr. go to town on his tuba.
    [/quote]Fallon does suck, but i have to admit i love his Neil Young impression...i like the Fresh Prince song better though[/quote]

Fallone DOESN'T suck. Watch the show. Dude really is funny. I used to be a hater... but he is clever and really likeable. Try it. AND his Neil Young impression is SPOT ON.[/quote]
    jimmy fallon DOES suck. his monologue is almost unbearable to watch...he has no idea how to deliver the punch line of a joke. not to mention, the jokes aren't even close to being funny. also his "skits" are terrible...half of them don't even involve comedy and have people licking things and having the roots make up non-funny songs. the only reason to watch his show is to watch tuba gooding jr. go to town on his tuba.[/quote]

No... His monologue rules. His skits are GREAT. The Real House Wives of Latenight was a total crack up. And have you seen Head Swap? Makes me laugh everytime. The licking shit thing is dumb... yes. but Conan has a lot of shit that doesn't work also all the time. I'm a fan of all The Roots freestyle stuff. Its fresh at least. You don't have Max Weinberg doing that kind of creative off the cuff stuff. He's good for a dead pan stare or an akward skit.

I guess to each his own but I'll continue to defend Jimmy Fallon. Like I said... I used to think the same... that he sucked... but I've seen the light.
    TipJammer wrote:
    No... His monologue rules. His skits are GREAT. The Real House Wives of Latenight was a total crack up. And have you seen Head Swap? Makes me laugh everytime. The licking shit thing is dumb... yes. but Conan has a lot of shit that doesn't work also all the time. I'm a fan of all The Roots freestyle stuff. Its fresh at least. You don't have Max Weinberg doing that kind of creative off the cuff stuff. He's good for a dead pan stare or an akward skit.

I guess to each his own but I'll continue to defend Jimmy Fallon. Like I said... I used to think the same... that he sucked... but I've seen the light.
    max is a hilarious person, coco fits weinbergs personality perfectly into the show. did u used to watch late night with conan? i really miss those "late night small talk moments"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA09Rr5eCf4 you actually think thats funny?! i think it is beyond dumb lol but like you said, nobody's the same and have different preferences :)
  • I wonder what Neil is going to play...his long Time collaborator L.A Johnson died yesterday.

Condoleances to family and friends!