Woodstock kid..

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
hey people.im watching woodstock dvd and wonder is anyone outt here a Woodstock kid..?meaning,your dad or mom or both was on the festival??
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    My dad was at the festival with his 2 friends, I believe he had just graduated high school or was a high school senior. I ask him about this constantly- the '60s, especially the music & how it affected the generation, fascinates me. He has really awesome stories. He got there pretty early, was 2nd row on the first day. He said he moved further back as the days went on- Day 2 he was near the hill, Day 3 he was somewhere on the hill (something like that...) Says The Who were his favorite, completely blew him away, still laughs thinking about the Abbie Hoffman incident. Also loved Johnny Winter, Hendrix, & Ten Years After. He said lots of mud, lots of girls, great music, and a fantastic time. Also thought Wavy Gravy was an asshole :lol:

He still has his ticket & gave me a pin he bought there. It never gets old hearing him talk about this!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • samjam wrote:
    My dad was at the festival with his 2 friends, I believe he had just graduated high school or was a high school senior. I ask him about this constantly- the '60s, especially the music & how it affected the generation, fascinates me. He has really awesome stories. He got there pretty early, was 2nd row on the first day. He said he moved further back as the days went on- Day 2 he was near the hill, Day 3 he was somewhere on the hill (something like that...) Says The Who were his favorite, completely blew him away, still laughs thinking about the Abbie Hoffman incident. Also loved Johnny Winter, Hendrix, & Ten Years After. He said lots of mud, lots of girls, great music, and a fantastic time. Also thought Wavy Gravy was an asshole :lol:

He still has his ticket & gave me a pin he bought there. It never gets old hearing him talk about this!
    awesome .i think your dad is blessed..i think this was the biggest thing ever happen around music?u got fotos of the ticket?or the pin??i would love to see them,u can post it here,,thanks :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    My office-mate was there with her 6-week-old son. And her friends were on the cover of the Woodstock album. :D
  • scb wrote:
    My office-mate was there with her 6-week-old son. And her friends were on the cover of the Woodstock album. :D
    wow!!!!!!
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    I was 14, but got to buy the album, (vinyl), and it has 3 albums. Kept it all these years. I have always had a turntable, so I kept lots of albums from those days.
    Save room for dessert!
  • samjam wrote:

cool dad 8-)

i read the festival was running late due to the bad weather and the who played tommy as the sun came up(sunrise)

OMG
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    scb wrote:
    Were they the couple who were wrapped in a blanket and hugging?
    Last summer I read an article about that couple. They got married a couple of years after Woodstock and they are still married. :D
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • any other kid???
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    samjam wrote:

cool dad 8-)

i read the festival was running late due to the bad weather and the who played tommy as the sun came up(sunrise)

OMG
    When The Who arrived, they were told they wouldn't be paid until a couple of weeks after the festival. They refused to perform until they got their check. (They were leaving the U.S. right after the show and didn't trust the organizers to pay them later.) So they didn't take the stage until the early morning hours, several hours after they were scheduled. Among other stuff they performed Tommy and yes, the sun came up as they were playing See Me, Feel Me at the end.

Also memorable because they came back for an encore. All the way up through the 70s, The Who rarely played encores.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    samjam wrote:
    Says The Who were his favorite, completely blew him away, still laughs thinking about the Abbie Hoffman incident. Also loved Johnny Winter, Hendrix, & Ten Years After.

My parents didn't go (being on the other side of the pond and everything) but as kids my Dad was friend's with one of the guys in Ten Years After (and knew some of the others) .... does that count as a vague connection to Woodstock :P :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • samjam wrote:

cool dad 8-)

OMG
    When The Who arrived, they were told they wouldn't be paid until a couple of weeks after the festival. They refused to perform until they got their check. (They were leaving the U.S. right after the show and didn't trust the organizers to pay them later.) So they didn't take the stage until the early morning hours, several hours after they were scheduled. Among other stuff they performed Tommy and yes, the sun came up as they were playing See Me, Feel Me at the end.

Also memorable because they came back for an encore. All the way up through the 70s, The Who rarely played encores.

long live rock 8-)
  • chime wrote:
    samjam wrote:
    Says The Who were his favorite, completely blew him away, still laughs thinking about the Abbie Hoffman incident. Also loved Johnny Winter, Hendrix, & Ten Years After.

My parents didn't go (being on the other side of the pond and everything) but as kids my Dad was friend's with one of the guys in Ten Years After (and knew some of the others) .... does that count as a vague connection to Woodstock :P :lol:
    Alvin Lee?
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Woodstock '94 alum here...I know I know, not the same, but it was still a blast!
    I love to turn you on
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I was a little too young, (10) but my older brothers went, it was only an hour away. The real Woodstock NY is only a few miles from where I live. I remember when it happened. it was front page news around here for a week.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    scb wrote:
    Were they the couple who were wrapped in a blanket and hugging?
    Last summer I read an article about that couple. They got married a couple of years after Woodstock and they are still married. :D

Yes, that's them! She's still in touch with them and apparently they've been interviewed by hundreds of news people in the last couple of years. They had just started dating when they went to Woodstock together.