20TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW IN OCT...

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited February 2010 in The Porch
WHO IS GOING NO MATTER WHERE IT IS ?

ME
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• see you there!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    abe.sanc wrote:
    see you there!

vegas again? like the 10th anniversary?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • release23420release23420 Posts: 1,176
    me see you there
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    the dreamers are IN.
    :thumbup:
    hubby already has set the 2 weeks surrounding the date 'just in case' for vacation. i already alerted my colleague i'll be off for it too. we are saving all our vacation funds for this trip/show. fantastic.

now, we just need a venue, and yea....secure 10c tickets. :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    I at least try as hard as I can. But if the band decides to celebrate on Bora Bora Island or Kathmandu, I'll have a BIG problem.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Its pretty special so I'm sure hoping to
  • Vegas again would be perfect.
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    hail hail the lucky ones.... :P

Just my jealousy rearing its ugly head... hehe... no can't make it unfortunately.... but hope many can make it to this special occasion! 8-)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    Vegas again would be perfect.
    that would be fun- haven't visited Vegas yet and its on the list
  • trotti2trotti2 Posts: 82
    Definitely going if its in North America. Every other vacations comes second if at all.
    Houston- 4/6/2003 10/14/2000 10/15/2000
    Dallas- 6/9/2003 10/17/2000 7/5/1998
    San Antonio- 4/5/2003
    Chicago- Ed Solo 8/22/08
    San Diego- 10/9/2009
    Philly- 10/30/2009 10/31/2009
    New York- 05/20/2010 05/21/2010
    PJ20- 9/3/2011 9/04/2011
  • pandora wrote:

20th HAS to be in Seattle.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    pandora wrote:

I hope so......i decided on Socal instead of Pacific Northwest for 2009 dates. Have yet to go to Seattle, would love to go.

Can already hear 10c members bitchin that they got seats in the nosebleeds and are strongly considering not renewing their memberships.....and want people's input on the board on whether it was a good idea or not, rather than just doing it and not looking like a cheap bastard or an attention whore :lol::lol:
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    CROJAM95 - you would LOVE Seattle!

Last time hubby and I were there... in 2003 for Benaroya Hall, celebrating our belated 10th anniversary. Our actual anniversary is in August, but that year that very weekend was the blackout weekend! :lol:

We had a great time staying there for four days! Can't believe it's been more than 6 years already! Time sure flies by....

Lots of places to visit there!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • bet your money that my Greek flag will be there..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    pandora wrote:

seattle would be cool, definitely.
    great city. would love for hubby to experience it. that said, i don't think it *HAS* to be anywhere, specifically. if the 10th anniversary was in vegas, to me, that leaves it up for grabs for just about anywhere. i DO wonder how they will handle 10c tix, perhaps a lottery? b/c you know no matter where it is, the 10c members clamoring for 10c tickets will exceed supply.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

IamMine wrote:
    CROJAM95 - you would LOVE Seattle!

Last time hubby and I were there... in 2003 for Benaroya Hall, celebrating our belated 10th anniversary. Our actual anniversary is in August, but that year that very weekend was the blackout weekend! :lol:

We had a great time staying there for four days! Can't believe it's been more than 6 years already! Time sure flies by....

Lots of places to visit there!

Benny must have been surreal! I remember back in 2000, I wanted to go to Seattle for those 2 Key Arena dates....11-6-2000 was my 20th B-day, and turns out it was one of those legendary shows.Was in school at the time, and couldnt make it work.Then this year I couldn't do Seattle and Cali due to time-off from work......so if thats where it is, God willing I'll be there ;)
    seattle would be cool, definitely.
    great city. would love for hubby to experience it. that said, i don't think it *HAS* to be anywhere, specifically. if the 10th anniversary was in vegas, to me, that leaves it up for grabs for just about anywhere. i DO wonder how they will handle 10c tix, perhaps a lottery? b/c you know no matter where it is, the 10c members clamoring for 10c tickets will exceed supply.[/quote]

Just an idea

1) Announce a show in a choosen City....give us a week before onsale
    2)Close it off to 10C fans only......for 1 DAY only, get as many members who wanna attend
    3)Take stock of demand.......then pick a venue, filling the remainder of seats with TM,Live Nation etc.

Maybe Qwest field in Seattle if Demand is huge. I know, I know....October in Seattle is cold. Bruce played Giants Stadium in the cold and people rocked out!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    I wanna see a 50 song set set at msg for the 20th anny show.
    CROJAM95 wrote:

Just an idea

1) Announce a show in a choosen City....give us a week before onsale
    2)Close it off to 10C fans only......for 1 DAY only, get as many members who wanna attend
    3)Take stock of demand.......then pick a venue, filling the remainder of seats with TM,Live Nation etc.

Maybe Qwest field in Seattle if Demand is huge. I know, I know....October in Seattle is cold. Bruce played Giants Stadium in the cold and people rocked out!!
    very cool idea

it wasn't cold at all for those bruce concerts. It was bout 60 degrees for those concerts in september and october. I wore my pj crash hoodie the night I went.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• I'll be in the house!!!
    They should open with the same setlist as on 10/22/1990, then bring on the ballance of the show.
    I'll be in the house!!!
    They should open with the same setlist as on 10/22/1990, then bring on the balance of the show.

THAT would be sweet!
    :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Il try to be there!

Im guessing it would be in Seattle? :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    I'll be in the house!!!
    They should open with the same setlist as on 10/22/1990, then bring on the ballance of the show.

you know what, i was actuallly listing to the vegas show on my ipod tonight, and was thinking if they do an anniversary show, which i'm sure they will, they should slot the off ramp setlist in there somewhere.

as for being there, well as luck would have it i have a holiday booked that time, for the school holidays, but i doubt i'll be able to go, but i'll be there in spirit.

i imagine though, that by rights it should be in seattle.

finally they should set the stage up to look like the off ramp camp, just for fun
    :D
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    pandora wrote:

ok I'm easy- Seattle is on the list too ;)
  • ill be there! money is ready and saved for this moment and going to less euros shows to make this 1! hopefully see you at the show!!
  • ill be there! money is ready and saved for this moment and going to less euros shows to make this 1! hopefully see you at the show!!

I like your tinking man!!

how many euro shows you going to, im planning on 4.
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • just going to Belfast and London! Was planning Dublin but I backed down and put more money away for oct! also looked at arras and Berlin again as 09 was so good there! but it was awkward for me to go to those 2! Dublin i have a feeling I'll regret but october is the 1!! what shows you going to??
    yea 20 years wow thats a big part of a person's life
    gonna be awesome all the fans who have loved Pearl Jam for 20 years!
    Gettin excited now!
  • whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    They should play El Corazon (old Off Ramp). :twisted:
  • 10/22/10 is my 40th birthday. I can think of no better way to spend it then at the 20th anniversary Pearl Jam show. See you there!
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i'm pulling for vegas,
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea