Summer Vacations????

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Yeah I know its the middle of Winter.....
So lets talk about your summer plans.........

I am spending 8 days in Florida this June....
Its going to be Myself, Kathy, Mickey and Minnie......

What do you have planned????
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    I'm just going to take a week off in June to listen to the masterpiece of a boot Cincy 2006 over and over and over and over....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • I'm just going to take a week off in June to listen to the masterpiece of a boot Cincy 2006 over and over and over and over....
    hehehehehe
  • Yeah I know its the middle of Winter.....

We'll be in Florida this summer.

Speedy, you want to get together and fuck or something?

Okay, let me know. Thanks. I look forward to donkey ramming you.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    going to miami in 2 weeks to watch the jets win the superbowl

plus we have the 20th ann show in october
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Yeah I know its the middle of Winter.....

We'll be in Florida this summer.

Speedy, you want to get together and fuck or something?

Okay, let me know. Thanks. I look forward to donkey ramming you.
    Where in Florida???

The whole family going???
  • IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    Hopefully there's a trip involving some PJ shows on the horizon.

(I'd love to do the Europe tour, but pretty sure I can't swing that work or money-wise.)
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    My wife just booked a place in Myrtle Beach in late August. I've never been there so I'm looking forward to it. You ever been to Disneyworld before? We did it last April and had a blast. Just make sure you have a plan of attack before you get there - we killed ourselves trying to get as much in as possible and still didn't see everything we wanted to! It was an exhausting week, but well worth it.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • DeLukin wrote:
    My wife just booked a place in Myrtle Beach in late August. I've never been there so I'm looking forward to it. You ever been to Disneyworld before? We did it last April and had a blast. Just make sure you have a plan of attack before you get there - we killed ourselves trying to get as much in as possible and still didn't see everything we wanted to! It was an exhausting week, but well worth it.

Yeah...Im a Disney kind of guy...
    This is my 5th-6th? time going.....

I stay at one of the Disney resorts, so I can take advantage of the free shuttles....
    Stay as close to Epcot as possible, since Epcot is more for the adults...
    I love taking the little boat over to MGM....

Its funny you mention "plan of attack"....Because I do just that....

Up at 7am...
    Breakfast by 8...
    Theme park by 9....
    Lunch at Epcot at 11...........
    Back to the hotel at noon......
    Swimming pool for 2-3 hours....
    1 Hour nap....
    Back to a theme park......
    Dinner at Epcot.....
    Get my spot for the fireworks at 9......
    Back in bed by 10......

Do it all over again the next day.......

hehehehehehehehe
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    We were going to go to Ireland (i was going to force late june), however, with the economy where it is for me, i believe we are going to postpone that for now. So instead, assuming we are both working, we are talking Toronto since we can plan it a little later and it will be a little less expensive to drive there vs flying two people over seas. I'll aslo be hitting Indy up around Easter to see a brother.

Last year we did Alaska for summer and Charleston, SC for Christmas, Toledo for labor day, and i also added in Wichita for easter and Philly for halloween. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757

hehehehehehehehe
    Yea, we stayed at Saratoga Springs. The shuttles and meal plan were awesome, although I got addicted to 3pm root beer floats. I also enjoyed the 3am swims in heated pools after the kids were in bed. ;) And Epcot blew me away. SO much attention to detail in those places - I can't wait to go back. I definitely see can see why people do it over and over again...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Off to Turkey for 2 weeks on 28th June.

Will watch the last 2 weeks of the World Cup in the bars. Excellent.

Just come back from 4 weeks in New Zealand and Hong Kong but looking forward to the summer. The way work is going I might as well go now. :(
  • HammerdonkeyHammerdonkey Posts: 550
    edited January 2010
    We did Disney last year. We took the 2 oldest kids. At the time they were 11 and 7. We went with about 20 other families from the kids school. Drove 850 miles. Everyday was planned out. I've never walked so much in my goddamned life but we had a blast. Expedition Everest was one of the highlights. I had all the kids posing for their picture shot on the ride. I was 2 knuckles deep with an index finger up my nose for the first picture and that started a trend that lasted all week. Good times. We're gonna wait until the baby gets a little older to make a return trip but I do love me some Disney.
    Post edited by Hammerdonkey on
  • why wait til summer I am trying to get the old man to take me away for a weekend soon really soon :twisted:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Hoping to get in at least three week long backpacking trips... not sure where though. Some place with healthy populations of lions, bears, and wolves or I won't be happy.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • DeLukin wrote:

hehehehehehehehe
    Yea, we stayed at Saratoga Springs. The shuttles and meal plan were awesome, although I got addicted to 3pm root beer floats. I also enjoyed the 3am swims in heated pools after the kids were in bed. ;) And Epcot blew me away. SO much attention to detail in those places - I can't wait to go back. I definitely see can see why people do it over and over again...
    Ya know...
    Im an old man.....44

Going to Disney just brings out the kid in you....Ya know what I mean???

Its just good clean family fun....Everyone is happy...Everyone is smiling...And nobody minds paying $7 for an ice cream cone.....heheheheheheheheh

Plus your "things to do" are already planned for you.....All you have to do is wake up, get on a shuttle, and within 20-30 minutes you are having fun. In the 7 days you are there, you have done 2 water parks, You have eaten at 7 different restaraunts at Epcot, you have done 4 theme parks, you have done space mountain, you have seen 7 fireworks shows, you have tanned yourself for 7 days at the pool........Its all good....
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Yeah I know its the middle of Winter.....

Middle of SUMMER Here!...;)
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    DeLukin wrote:

hehehehehehehehe
    Ya know...
    Im an old man.....44

Its just good clean family fun....Everyone is happy...Everyone is smiling...And nobody minds paying $7 for an ice cream cone.....heheheheheheheheh

Plus your "things to do" are already planned for you.....All you have to do is wake up, get on a shuttle, and within 20-30 minutes you are having fun. In the 7 days you are there, you have done 2 water parks, You have eaten at 7 different restaraunts at Epcot, you have done 4 theme parks, you have done space mountain, you have seen 7 fireworks shows, you have tanned yourself for 7 days at the pool........Its all good....
    Im afraid of roller coasters but I love Space Mountain- really works in the dark and I love the fantasy build up to the rides- awesome memories for our little family- The Contemporary with the water sprites- kids loved that and the Polynesian resort- cool pool- the resorts as as cool as the parks. Its heaven for kids of all ages meaning us grown up kids too
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,858
    Japan
    August
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    if you like rollar coasters, and who doesn't, there is only one place in the world that you should go to.

Cedar Point.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

absolutely. the happy go lucky feeling of being a kid again is priceless.

and $7 ice cream cones just taste better!
    Nice shirt.
  • pandora wrote:

Im afraid of roller coasters but I love Space Mountain- really works in the dark and I love the fantasy build up to the rides- awesome memories for our little family- The Contemporary with the water sprites- kids loved that and the Polynesian resort- cool pool- the resorts as as cool as the parks. Its heaven for kids of all ages meaning us grown up kids too
    I hear ya loud and clear as far as the resorts...

The Grand Floridian
    The Contemporary
    The Yacht and Beach Club......

Its just fun to spend an hour walking through each one of these....

I will never ever forget the Disney trips that were taken with my 4 nieces....
    The looks in their eyes, their expessions on their faces when they meet Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy.....
    It truly is heaven, for a child.....
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:

The Grand Floridian
    The Contemporary

The looks in their eyes, their expessions on their faces when they meet Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy.....
    But watch out for those 2 chipmunks- was it Chip and Dale- they are a little mean/ brutal!
    Had breakfast with Pooh & Tigger- time of my life- even got autographs!!
  • 21 june .to 11th july......pearl jam europe tour...thats my summer vacation :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pandora wrote:

The Grand Floridian
    The Contemporary

stood at the grand floridian for the superbowl last year

let me tell you the most important thing

THE CHICKEN FINGERS IN THE ALL NIGHT CAFE ARE FREAKING SICK
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 21 june .to 11th july......pearl jam europe tour...thats my summer vacation :mrgreen:
    No, really dimitris?! I don't think you have mentioned that yet anywhere. :D
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    DeLukin wrote:

I stay at one of the Disney resorts, so I can take advantage of the free shuttles....

Up at 7am...
    Breakfast by 8...
    Theme park by 9....
    1 Hour nap....
    Dinner at Epcot.....
    Back in bed by 10......

hehehehehehehehe

when do you smoke the stupid shit, when you're napping?
    can a guy sneak green hits while fucking around @ Disney?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • I used to loathe disney world, but I went a few years back with my daugther in law and had a blast.

but if you wanna see a darker side of the mouse, pick up this short book for $1.50 used on amazon. its a good, funny read:

http://www.amazon.com/Team-Rodent-Disne ... 0345422805
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    chadwick wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:

Up at 7am...
    Breakfast by 8...
    Theme park by 9....
    1 Hour nap....
    Dinner at Epcot.....
    Back in bed by 10......

hehehehehehehehe

when do you smoke the stupid shit, when you're napping?
    can a guy sneak green hits while fucking around @ Disney?

I think you might be asking the wrong guy...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I think you might be asking the wrong guy...

speedy no smokin green stupid shit?

how does one attend Disney and not be baked?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    With the baby around the corner not sure we'll get a vacation this year

If so probably a weekend down the shore at Sea isle nothing extended

I love Disney World ! We went back in '07 I could go every probably every other year
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers