No new trial for West Memphis 3

KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Just read this on a news feed. I'm not very good at linking things so I'll TRY to cut and paste what I read.
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2010 ... /?breaking

JONESBORO, Ark. (AP) - A Craighead County judge has refused to grant new trials for two of the three men convicted in the 1993 killings of three young West Memphis boys.

Circuit Court Judge David Burnett issued separate orders Wednesday rejecting Jason Baldwin's and Jesse Misskelley's claims that they weren't adequately represented at trial.

Baldwin, Misskelley and Damien Echols were convicted in the deaths of 8-year-olds Christopher Byers, Steven Branch and Michael Moore.

The judge also rejected Baldwin's claims that animals - likely turtles - caused multiple injuries to the boys' bodies. Burnett noted that the medical examiner who performed the autopsies was a turtle expert who said the injuries were caused by a knife.

Baldwin was sentenced to life in prison for the killings.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press) 10:59 AM CST
I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Sorry i missed your thread and had posted in the other thread...

To be honest, I think a lot of people expected the judge to rule against the request.... he is very baised and prejudiced.

It just means that they will go to the federal level, relieving this asshole of the responsibilities of handing the case.

In my person opinion, he didn't want everyone to be watching him much closely than they did back in the '90's.... and it would hurt his chance of election votes, or something like that.

Dirty politicians.

Another opinion here - I think it's better that they go to federal and get this asshole out of the picture. he'd be just more of a problematic.

Whaddya think?
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • unfortunate news. Keeping these guys in my thoughts and hoping that they are able to receive justice at the federal level.
    "I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."
    KC, MO 7.3.98
    OKC 4.3.03
    KC, MO 5/2010
    EV- Memphis 6.20.09
    EV- Tulsa 11.18.12