Mini PJ tour or "Proper" EV tour?

zootownzootown Posts: 666
edited January 2010 in The Porch
Okay, it looks like our fav band are all family men, hence no more long tours. With Soundgarden reuniting, it looks like there may be even fewer PJ shows in 2010, so....what would you rather see in Spring 2010-- 6-8 PJ shows likely in the Northeast again OR a full on 20 show EV tour?
I hold the pain, release me!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    PJ easily
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PJ easily

WORD. Eddie would be nice to see (if he ever played a real Seattle show) but frickin A this shouldn't even be a question
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Mike solo tour
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    not even close ..pj all the way
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • PJ easily

WORD. Eddie would be nice to see (if he ever played a real Seattle show) but frickin A this shouldn't even be a question

Yeah, why can't Eddie play a Seattle show? If that was the case I would be for the EV tour.
  • PJ for sure
    DC-9/24/96
    Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    Jones Beach-8/25/00
    PSU-5/3/03
    Irvine-6/2/03
    San Diego-6/5/03
    Hershey-7/12/03
    Reading-10/1/04
    The Gorge-9/1/05
    Vancouver-9/2/05
    AC-9/30/05
    E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
    Bonnaroo-6/14/08
    VA Beach-6/17/08
    MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
  • MahaloevMahaloev Posts: 305
    Mike solo tour

Absolutely. :clap::clap::clap:
    The Stars, the Snow, the Fire
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    I'll go with EV because I have seen PJ bunches of times, and only saw EV solo twice.

Those two shows were very ..... inspiring, and intimate.

so I wouldn't mind being a part of that again.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,534
    Mini Pearl Jam Tour

But if the master tours solo again (Ed), then I would like to see & hear some new live Brad goodies (Stone); some Three Fish jam's happening (Jeff); some East Coast Shadow show's (Mike); a few Canadian Soundgarden dates (Matt) & some cool hymns @ Church service next week (Boom)! :mrgreen:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    BOTH!!! :D
  • big fuck'n whoop...they have kids now...so fucking what!....they are not the first rock n roll peeps to have kids, nor will they be the last.....get your bitch asses on the road and do a real fucking tour to support Backspacer like it deserves you pussies!!!!!!!! let the wife stay home and take care of the brats like it supposed to be!!!..........my dad was on the road a lot when i was a kid....it's part of the rock n roll lifestyle!....your kids will understand when they grow up and inherit your millions!!!

for fuck sakes!!..unless one of them is breast feeding i don't see what the problem is with a real tour!!!!

they can't play the states where they are no more than a 6 hour flight from home but they can go to fucking Europe and play a bunch of shitty festivals???

WTF MAN!!!?!?!?!?!?!??????!?!!?
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    I'd rather see Ed shows.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Not even a close decision, PJ by a landslide.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    PJ easily

this^^^
    hands down.
    seen ed 2x now, once in NYC, once in baltimore. good times. however, full-on pj trumps ed, any day of the week. besides, ed has no new material, so yea....been there, done that....bring on the pearl jam! 8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    PJ easily

this^^^
    hands down.
    seen ed 2x now, once in NYC, once in baltimore. good times. however, full-on pj trumps ed, any day of the week. besides, ed has no new material, so yea....been there, done that....bring on the pearl jam! 8-)

totally been there done that

plus he yells at you if you stand up boooooooooo lol
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    PJ easily

this^^^
    hands down.

totally been there done that

plus he yells at you if you stand up boooooooooo lol

i wouldn't mind getting yelled at by ed. ;) :shock: :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• first i'll say i'd take 2 pj shows over a 20 show ed tour and then i wanna get to this:
    big fuck'n whoop...they have kids now...so fucking what!....they are not the first rock n roll peeps to have kids, nor will they be the last.....get your bitch asses on the road and do a real fucking tour to support Backspacer like it deserves you pussies!!!!!!!! let the wife stay home and take care of the brats like it supposed to be!!!..........my dad was on the road a lot when i was a kid....it's part of the rock n roll lifestyle!....your kids will understand when they grow up and inherit your millions!!!

for fuck sakes!!..unless one of them is breast feeding i don't see what the problem is with a real tour!!!!

they can't play the states where they are no more than a 6 hour flight from home but they can go to fucking Europe and play a bunch of shitty festivals???

relax, mang.
    there will be a full tour, but we all know bands make a lot more money with spring/summer tours. let them finalize a few summer festival appearances...dot some i's and cross some t's.

its january 20th....by february 20th there'll be a stickied thread with a long list of tour dates and a bunch of other threads about people bitching about getting shut out of tickets.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    demetrios wrote:
    Mini Pearl Jam Tour

But if the master tours solo again (Ed), then I would like to see & hear some new live Brad goodies (Stone); some Three Fish jam's happening (Jeff); some East Coast Shadow show's (Mike); a few Canadian Soundgarden dates (Matt) & some cool hymns @ Church service next week (Boom)! :mrgreen:

Wow you really covered everything!! :-)
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    Is it greedy to want both?
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Ed should be the opening act , do about an hour and a half. Then after a brief recess, quick shower , gatorade and wine, change of cloths. Pearl jam comes on and kicks our ass!!! Mike could some on and do some Stevie Ray Vaughn, while Ed's freshing up. hows that for a slice of fried gold? :mrgreen:
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    big fuck'n whoop...they have kids now...so fucking what!....they are not the first rock n roll peeps to have kids, nor will they be the last.....get your bitch asses on the road and do a real fucking tour to support Backspacer like it deserves you pussies!!!!!!!! let the wife stay home and take care of the brats like it supposed to be!!!..........my dad was on the road a lot when i was a kid....it's part of the rock n roll lifestyle!....your kids will understand when they grow up and inherit your millions!!!

This cracks me up. :lol:

Seriously though, why can't the families just go on the road too, like the wives used to, pre-children? McCartney and Fam traveled the world together. What better way to show your children the world than to have them come on tour with the band???
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I will say PJ but not for me- husband likes those shows better and he will give me grief (which I will gladly take) if and when I want to travel again to see Eddie solo
    he travels no ? for PJ
    both the shows are great for me I love it all
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    PJ only for me, i passed on all the Vedder solo shows and would again i have no interest in it at all ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    PJ > ED

(sorry Ed)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • phungiphungi Posts: 641
    If I could just get Boom, a Hammond organ, and Ricky Martin onstage together, I can die a happy man...
    37 PJ Shows, 3 EV Shows, 1134 Total Songs, 24 Different Openers, 9 Different Closers, 252 Unique Songs (never enough)
    FrankieG wrote:
    PJ > ED

(sorry Ed)

:mrgreen:
    i think even ed knows that.
    it's the sum of ALL the parts that truly equals pearl jam's greatness.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    eddie or the band as long as its in england we defently dont get them over here enough :cry::cry:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,534
    Bump30 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Mini Pearl Jam Tour

Wow you really covered everything!! :-)

Better believe it! :D
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    This is a tough one, I loved the EV solo, but to see all the guys play thats the best!.
    ********************************************************************************************* image