Bad week for animals at my house...

yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Misty girl the shepherd died last Sunday, she was 11. 2 days later I have to rush my little Maxwell to the vet, huge huge issues, and alot of money involved and many prayers for Max..He seems to be pulling through his paralysis. So yesterday, I put the cats outside, the same routine I usually do. When I get home from work, there is a note on the door to call if we own this certain type of cat. Sure enough, Philip had been hit by a car..The worst part of this whole deal, is both of these animals my boyfriend has had for years, and to lose both within a week has been devestating..question..blaming me for killing his cat(since I let him out) does this sound like someone in pain lashing out, or a bigger picture going on? I am devestated over this..
I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
info@wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    i'm so sorry for the great loss you and your boyfriend had.as for his reaction i think it was just a reaction.tragedy makes you feel powerless and hurt,i dont think he ment it,he's just heartboken...god bless you both.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm so sorry for your loss- don't blame yourself and I too agree your boyfriend is hurting and probably in shock losing 2 pets so close together. Thats a terrible thing to go through for you both- hopefully you will comfort each other and get through this. Thank goodness little Max will be ok.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    So sad...so sorry that this had to happen.

I too believe that the reaction was due to the devastation that losing the loves causes both of you.

Hang in there...be sound.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • mbangel10mbangel10 Posts: 548
    He's reacting out of anger and loss for his obviously loved animals. Please don't blame yourself, and he will get past this... it's just a really tough thing to be deal with so soon together. My sympathies to you both, losing a pet can be very, very hard.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    first, very sorry. losing this big goof ball
    >

was one of the hardest things i've ever had to deal with, and i've lost both parents.

so i agree with everyone that your bf is probably lashing out , out of grief over the loss.

hang in there.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,845
    Sorry about your loss. :( Yeah bad week, don't blame yourself though.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    ooooooooooooooo...i am so, so sorry to read this! :(
    having just lost my elderly kitty only 2 weeks ago, i know all too well how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet. all the best to you!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    So sorry to hear about your losses. It is tough. We lost our McGwire (10 year old mixed breed) on November 20 - suddenly and unexpectedly. My husband and I are still grieving. We also have a 21.5 year old cat who is hanging on, but I know it won't be long. The worst thing with having pets is going through this.

My thoughts are with you.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    I am so sorry for your losses this past week :cry: It really does sound like your boyfriend was lashing out due to pain. It's unfortunate that he chose you to be the target, I do hope that he has apologised since. It is understandable and forgivable, but I'm sure he unwittingly caused you more pain and guilt than necessary at such a trying time. Hang in there and try not to hold it against him.

Hugs and good vibes to you and your boyfriend, as well as to Max on his speedy recovery.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I am still baffled about the lashing out. He now is acting as if nothing was ever said or anything ever happened. I guess this is his way of grieving. It caused such a huge fight, and to act as if nothing ever happend is just weird to me..but again, he lost his two best buds of many years within days or ea other. I am very fortunate Maxwell is up and walking again. He will be finished with his meds tonight, so I pray he will be just fine. My little miracle baby..
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • So sorry for your loss.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925